Crystal Sky, Zero support! The DJI Big Lie!
916 2 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Well by now you have seen the big DJI Lie with the Crystal Sky. You can't trust this company. Let's go over the facts because these were the responses I got from DJI.

When asked why the Mavic Minis would not work with the Crystal Sky. Heres the answer they gave me.

First they told me that the DJI Crystal Sky will not work with the newer drones such as the Mavic Mini. Their response was that the Mavic Mini was a beginner drone and as such used the DJI Fly App which was software used for the beginner type drones. The DJI Fly App was a 64 bit program and would not work with a 32 bit device such as the Crystal Sky. Then all of the sudden the DJI Air 2 and all the newer drones were being placed on the Fly App? So much for that explanation.  

When asked why they could not incorporate the Mavic Mini's and other drones such as the Mavic Air 2 on the DJI Go 2 software, they advised nothing?

To really add salt in the the proverbial wounds, they bring out versions of the DJI Fly app that will work with the DJI Smart Contoller. The Smart Controllers  is a 32 bit processing system.  DJI seemed to be able to compile a 32 bit version of the DJI Fly software for use with the Smart Controller?

Why can they seem to do that for that device but they can do nothing for the Crystal Sky? The Smart Controller seems to have similiar specs with the Crystal Sky.

Companies such as Dronelink and Litchi both have come out with versions of their software that works with the Crystal Sky. I have used both of them and they work really good with the Mavic Mini 1. The Mavic Mini 2 will be supported as soon as DJI releases the SDK. I can also use the Autel software with the Evo's on the Crystal Sky. Why can outside companies make the Crystal Sky compatable with all these drones and DJI can't?
The answer is, DJI just does not want to. They are only interested in selling new products.

What DJI fails to understand is that support is the key to bringing customers back to buy new products. Since this deliema with the Crystal Sky, they turned this once big DJI fanboy into their worst critic. Nice going DJI! The sad thing is that they just don't seem to care. It's a real shame!

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for making you feel like that. Because the system of CrystalSky is deeply customized and developed based on Android 5.1.1, it cannot meet the installation requirements of the DJI Fly App. Hope you can understand.
2021-6-20
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mindy, Unfortunately we don't understand. There is no reason that you can't update the Crystal Sky including the operating system to accommodate the DJI Fly software? You did it for the Smart Controller. Why do companies who are not affiliated with DJI support us but the company that makes the thing just abandoned us? It's a real shame that we have to rely on these third party companies for support.
I stick to my original statement,,you guys make good product but are the worst for customer service!
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules