Portable Guy - Authorized DJI Dealer?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

Hi,

I just placed an amazon order for a phantom 3 and it is being fulfilled by Portable Guy.

Is this an authorized DJI dealer?  I don't see him on the website, but I see him being listed as one here and here.

Help so I can quickly cancel my order if he's not!!

Thanks in advance!
2015-7-21
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

i would honestly just cancel and order from dji on amazon. same price
2015-7-21
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-7-22 14:13
i would honestly just cancel and order from dji on amazon. same price

Thanks - but unfortunately DJI isn't an authorized dealer for the copter & extra battery bundle.  But I will try and cancel and place w/ another seller.

Edit: also I think local sellers ship faster than DJI. Also shitty because now I think I have to wait an extra 2 days for the funds to be returned to me.

2015-7-21
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if they are authorised or not. Definitely not listed on DJI's dealer map. PhantomHelp.com  list all sellers as DJI Authorised so  not sure where the info comes from if its not on DJI's site ( probably out of date ).

If you want authorised dealer then why not Drones Etc - They have the extra battery bundle for the same price $1408
But since you say cancelling is a ballache you might as well just get it from Portable Guy as all warrenty is with DJI anyway and no dealer can currently repair the P3.
2015-7-21
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

drones plus las vegas ( google them) has extra battery combo for 1099$
2015-7-22
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlmostTan, there were a few sellers at PhantomHelp.com who were not listed here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/dealer

FYI, only the largest dealers appear in the list. There are many more listed on the map itself though.

Portable Guy was one of the few sellers who are not listed at the above site. Before I added them to PhantomHelp.com though, I checked with them to verify they are an authorized DJI dealer. All confirmed and they had good customer reviews, so I took their word for it.

For now, I decided it was best to remove all sellers who are not listed on DJI's website. I'm working on following up with the few that I removed (including Portable Guy) to get some kind of proof that they are an authorized DJI dealer. DJI's list is not always up-to-date, so I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are missing from the list.

Drones Etc definitely is an authorized DJI dealer. And, they do have the Phantom and extra battery bundle.

All others currently listed at the following link are on DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers too:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-22
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlmostTan, I received an email back from Portable Guy. He said he is an authorized DJI dealer and is waiting to be added to their website. It looks like DJI is a little behind on adding new dealers to their website.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules