App keeps freezing following latest update.
6298 31 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7110210 ft
Canada

So I’ve been fling the Phantom 4 for year. I now have added the Mini 2 and have flown it for two days without issue. Now ever since the update this week, the Fly app keeps freezing and doing weird stuff all the time.

What’s going on with this latest update?
2021-6-20
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

i had similar issues since update freezing and range has dropped
2021-6-20
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tom31. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-6-20
Use props
Tom31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7110210 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-20 18:47
Hello there Tom31. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

I’m using an iPhone X running the latest updated OS.

I have removed and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. Have had one flight since then and so far the Fly app did not freeze. I’ll see how it goes when I get a chance to run a few batteries of flying through it.

In over 5 years of running the Phantom 4, I’ve never run into this with the Go4 app on my 9.5” iPad Pro. I hope this is the only hiccup I have with this app and drone.
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-20 13:39

Hi there, Captain. Sorry for the trouble. Are you using the DJI Fly application? Can you please confirm if the latest update that you are referring to is v1.4.4? Kindly please send us a screenshot or short video showing the issue for us to help you further. Thank you!
2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_7EJNCD7WoBF1
lvl.1

Canada

YES YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT !!! SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME YESTERDAY
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_UHpwAV94olRN
New

United States

New Mini 2 , Android Google Pixel 3XL.  Everything is up to date. All the firmware, all the battery firmware. Tried shutting off bluetooth, tried Airplane mode,etc,etc.  The only thing I can add is it seems to be on a timer.  First flight it lasted 9 minutes before freezing.  landed the drone, restarted app.  Next flight flight was about the same time before freezing.   
2021-6-22
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

Tom31 Posted at 6-20 19:24

I have removed and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. Have had one flight since then and so far the Fly app did not freeze. I’ll see how it goes when I get a chance to run a few batteries of flying through it.

yes I have only had the mini 2, my experience with each update I always deleted everything from my phone and reinstalled completely new. after each firmware or app update. Its not really normal but I guess something goes wrong when the app only updates. so far its worked out for me
2021-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I have removed and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. Have had one flight since then and so far the Fly app did not freeze. I’ll see how it goes when I get a chance to run a few batteries of flying through it.

Hi Tom, Sorry for the late response. Did you still experience the Freezing issue on your DJI Fly app? Can you please confirm what App version are you using on your smartphone? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-8
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

I have removed and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. Have had one flight since then and so far the Fly app did not freeze. I’ll see how it goes when I get a chance to run a few batteries of flying through it.

Tom, am sorry to hear you are having this most unfortunate issue with the said app and your new Mini 2. To solve this issue, may I suggest you delete the 1.4.8 version of the Fly app and instead install version 1.4.0.. This version of the Fly app runs absolutely beautifully and will cause you no issues whatsoever as it is extremely stable. Best of luck and let us know how you go with 1.4.0.
2021-8-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

We are trying to get everyone that's had problems to take this survey.
App , Controller, & Device type

2021-8-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-20 13:39

App , Controller, & Device typeApp , Controller, & Device type
2021-8-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_UHpwAV94olRN Posted at 6-22 13:29
New Mini 2 , Android Google Pixel 3XL.  Everything is up to date. All the firmware, all the battery firmware. Tried shutting off bluetooth, tried Airplane mode,etc,etc.  The only thing I can add is it seems to be on a timer.  First flight it lasted 9 minutes before freezing.  landed the drone, restarted app.  Next flight flight was about the same time before freezing.

App , Controller, & Device typeApp , Controller, & Device type
2021-8-13
Use props
nilvanis
lvl.1

Poland

I'm experiencing the same issue with DJI Fly 1.4.8 and Mini 2. Also it seems to be a common problem reading local Facebook groups.
2021-9-4
Use props
Deepdiver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Samsung S10+
Model SM-G975F/DS
Android 11
One UI V3.1
Mini 2
Fly App 1.4.8 (1120)Included Controller

App crashes every time I fly. Never had an an issue until now. Latest FW on drone & batteries.
I have had to restart app while flying. Sometimes more than once. Gimbal kick/flip on dronie quickshot at the end of the quickshot. sure it does it on one of the others but can't remember at this time.
Freezes. Did not log hight/distance.

I have uninstalled. cleared cache. Reinstalled and it still crashes. Most of the flights are in the countryside so no interferance.
I live in the UK
2021-9-4
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

The response above is as predictable as the sun setting in the west.

Someone, somewhere, needs to provide DJI moderators with a new script.

2021-9-4
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

1.4.8.1185 on Huawei P20 PRO here, no issues at all
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_9ZkebSp7vZsE
New

Australia

djiuser_UHpwAV94olRN Posted at 6-22 13:29
New Mini 2 , Android Google Pixel 3XL.  Everything is up to date. All the firmware, all the battery firmware. Tried shutting off bluetooth, tried Airplane mode,etc,etc.  The only thing I can add is it seems to be on a timer.  First flight it lasted 9 minutes before freezing.  landed the drone, restarted app.  Next flight flight was about the same time before freezing.

Exactly my issue too.
Just flew my first mini 2, on my Google Pixel 3XL.
Twice happened, after just a few mins, video froze..
Drone still flew, still recorded, but had to manually land by eye, as couldn't fix video..
Will there be an Android app coming to the Play store ever?
2021-9-12
Use props
tsiana.marina
New

Greece

I have exacty same issue with DJI mavic mini 2 on my Samsung Galaxy A52. Additionally, the album in my phone doesn't have any of the videos which i rercord today with mini 2 or photos, but in the sd card is all there. In my album in my phone  seems like nothing is recorded. Before the update i can saw in my phone everything i record videos, photos, but after the update yesterday, nothing works as usuall. While mini 2 is flyinng, the app freeze and doesn't come back until i land. My Fly app version is 1.4.12
2021-10-27
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

At this point, responding as you did knowing full well the issues with the current update....is far less productive than not answering his question at all.
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_rWcei8Vgcfts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137119 ft

Portugal

Bom dia, tenho oa Dji Fly 1.5.1 e quando entro aparece uma caixa de texto e não desaparece conforme se pode ver na foto em anexo, já liguei o  drone (MavicMini) e a caixa de texto continua e não dá para fazer nada.
Screenshot_20211121-082232.jpg
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_rWcei8Vgcfts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137119 ft

Portugal

djiuser_rWcei8Vgcfts Posted at 11-21 04:12
Bom dia, tenho oa Dji Fly 1.5.1 e quando entro aparece uma caixa de texto e não desaparece conforme se pode ver na foto em anexo, já liguei o  drone (MavicMini) e a caixa de texto continua e não dá para fazer nada.[Image]

Consegui resolver, instalei adji fly 1.4.2 e depois actualizei
2021-11-23
Use props
boardy
New
United Kingdom

Hi .

I have recently bought the Mavic 3 but I can't update firmware or use it with the  DJI fly app
Latest version as the as app keeps displaying the academy message and won't go away no matter what..

I'm on the latest version of the app and same with android.

I'm using the Sony Xperia 1 mark ii phone.

Everything is up to date .

Ive reinstated this app over 6 times and still having the same problem .

Any ideas? Cheers
2021-12-5
Use props
boardy
New
United Kingdom

2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_RmKRSCz6wVT6
New
Flight distance : 7283 ft
United States

Hi, I bought the Mini 2 yesterday. The app keeps freezing. I have installed and uninstalled the app multiple time but it still keeps freezing. I am using a Samsung S20 Ultra. Please advise. Thanks.
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_RmKRSCz6wVT6
New
Flight distance : 7283 ft
United States

Hi, Im using the Mini 2. Whenever I open the app, it keeps freezing. I have installed and uninstalled the app multiple. The same thing keeps happening. I am using a Samsung S20 Ultra. Please advise
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_VlclPF9dcSgt
New
Flight distance : 84003 ft
United States

I can't even open the app without it crashing anymore!
2021-12-15
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_RmKRSCz6wVT6 Posted at 12-14 11:24
Hi, Im using the Mini 2. Whenever I open the app, it keeps freezing. I have installed and uninstalled the app multiple. The same thing keeps happening. I am using a Samsung S20 Ultra. Please advise

I would just downgrade the app, get the APK from the web and install it
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_8MHyyNosmbWJ
New

South Africa

I have a Samsung S20. When downloading the DJi fly app from google it keeps on freezing whe I open the app. Yet on my husbands phone the app works. I also can not find the dji fly app in the play store
2022-1-22
Use props
jobi93
New

Croatia

RE: App keeps freezing following latest update.

My phone FREEZES on this EXACT place - thanks for the picture.

I have Huawei P20 - it's on the list of supported devices!

The app version is the latest - 1.5.10.
The drone is DJI MINI 2.
Are you going to fix this?
Does installing an old version help?

2022-4-9
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

Oh, did not realise it was that old post I replied to.
2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules