Anyone set up separate audio channel? DJI Air Unit or Caddx
1394 2 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hyperion917
lvl.2
United States

Hi all--I'm finding the lack of real-time audio to be a real limiting factor in my enjoyment of flying FPV.  I have several drones with DJI Air Units or Caddx Vistas.

What I'd like to do is explore the simplest way to add an audio channel to these drones.  My thought was:

1. Get a very small, relatively low-power VTX, or if it exists, and audio-only transmitter
2. Put a receiver module on the DJI Goggles
3. Run headphones out of the receiver, or even better BT if any receiver has that feature

I'm curious if anyone has tried to do this?  I would think an audio-only transmitter could use very little power and still have 3-5km of range, especially if it broadcast in the 915Mhz range which has plenty of bandwidth for audio only.

Would love alternative suggestions.  I think it's clear DJI is never going to add audio to the Air Units which is sad.

Thanks,

-hyp
2021-6-20
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

What do you mean, I hear clearly the motors on the video from the sd card in the air unit, the goggles sd card has no audio.
2021-6-20
Use props
hyperion917
lvl.2
United States

I mean live audio while flying.  Especially as you get more than a few dozen meters away, the sound delay (from the actual drone) is confusing and the audio is a great feedback tool for flying.
2021-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules