DJI Mini 2 4K Recording not working
8149 35 2021-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Treggerz
lvl.1
Australia

Hi There,

Has anyone else had any issues recording in 4K?

I recently purchased the DJI Mini 2 and have been practicing flying, didn't worry about video settings as I wasn't recording anything special. I've since tried to use 4K and it doesn't work.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, and I'm using a SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro based on the recommended SD cards from DJI.

I can still fly the drone but the screen doesn't work as soon as you hit record on 4K!

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Cheers

2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you are in the Normal mode? Also, if you could provide us a short video or screenshots showing the issue that would be helpful for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-20
Use props
Treggerz
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-20 19:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you are in the Normal mode? Also, if you could provide us a short video or screenshots showing the issue that would be helpful for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Hi There,

Yes I've tried in both normal and sports mode with no joy, you see the drone moving but the screen is frozen.

I tried watching one of the videos back and it's like a freeze-frame video.
2021-6-20
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Try rolling back to version 1.4.0 on the FlyApp
2021-6-20
Use props
wateroftyne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 764797 ft
United Kingdom

Is your SD card definitely legit? You can run checks online to test read/write speed.
2021-6-21
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

This was an issue when they first released the drone, it was not working on S21 Ultra ( i believe other s21 models as well) with exynos chipset.
They later fixed that, i was happy about it.

Now, they **cked things again and it does not work anymore.
And if you contact support they say for you to buy a compatible device. Even though you have the latest and top high-end android device.

Please DJI fix this and keep the fix on future updates.
2021-6-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

This is strange, because the S21 is listed as a compatible device.
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Treggerz Posted at 6-20 19:36
Hi There,

Yes I've tried in both normal and sports mode with no joy, you see the drone moving but the screen is frozen.

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app to see if the issue persists? May I know what version of the app are you using? In addition, kindly please send us a sample video when you select the 4k on how the app behaves for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-21
Use props
Droneri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1823264 ft
Finland

Argh, not again.
This was already fixed for version 1.4.0 but not anymore with 1.4.4.
If I roll back to 1.4.0 what updates I loose?
C'mon Dji, this is Samsung flagship phone!
2021-6-22
Use props
Droneri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1823264 ft
Finland

Argh, not again.
This was already fixed for version 1.4.0 but not anymore with 1.4.4.
If I roll back to 1.4.0 what updates I loose?
C'mon Dji, this is Samsung flagship phone!
2021-6-22
Use props
Treggerz
lvl.1
Australia

wateroftyne Posted at 6-21 05:05
Is your SD card definitely legit? You can run checks online to test read/write speed.

Yes its legit.
2021-6-22
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Have they fixed the problems? i want to upgrade and even if i am Android user i am thinking seriously to buy an iphone.

Thanks,
George
2021-7-9
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

MINI 2 does not work with DJI Fly and S21 ultra. AIR2S works ok. I will also do a test flight tomorrow.

Georgd
2021-7-17
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

I ve made a test flight with AIR2S and S21 ultra. I cannot say that i does not work like the MINI 2 ,but with AIR2S the FPV sucks. Also it staters and loses live view.
@dji i believe that this is enough. It is not acceptable to be able to fly with my S8 and not my S21 ultra. OMG FIX IT ASAP by releasing a new version for FLY APP, 1.4.8 is dreadfull. I don't care if S21 ultra with snapdragon works. Get over it you have to support 2 different chipsets.

Thanks,
2021-7-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Just a thought, is your video set to auto or pro? If pro the settings way be the cause. Happens to me on occasion.
2021-7-20
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Check your memory card. For 4k it must be class U3.
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/sd-standard-overview/speed-class/

2021-7-21
Use props
Indiana Sentinels
New

United States

Hi to all just purchase my my Mini 2 love it love it but cannot get 4K to appear on my phone app any help here..
2021-9-18
Use props
Indiana Sentinels
New

United States

Will this work......
16319699798412391594890396324238.jpg
2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Run a test: https://cam-do.com/pages/sd-card-speed-tester
2021-9-18
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

Johnny_J Posted at 7-21 07:59
Check your memory card. For 4k it must be class U3.
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/sd-standard-overview/speed-class/
[view_image]

Wrong... I use U1 with no issues
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_IM5lsfHQNrGU
New
Flight distance : 590814 ft
Romania

Hello DJI,

Same problem on S22 Ultra, 4k video freezes DJI Fly app when starying to record and no transmitting image and video to phone. live feed without recording work fine, pictures works fine in any format.

SD CARD = SCANDISK EXTREME 128 GB U3 A2 V30 XC1
PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S22 ULTRA 256GB 12GB RAM

Transmition band: (DJI Fly app)
- 2.4 ghz tried - not working
- 5.6 ghz tried - not working
- dual band standard - not working

please help.

cheers.
2022-3-19
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_IM5lsfHQNrGU Posted at 3-19 01:11
Hello DJI,

Same problem on S22 Ultra, 4k video freezes DJI Fly app when starying to record and no transmitting image and video to phone. live feed without recording work fine, pictures works fine in any format.

What Fly App version and aircraft firmware do you have?
2022-3-19
Use props
BrummieP4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft
United Kingdom

The video transmission on latest android app does not work on Samsung S22 Ultra either. Gutted and ruined latest flight. Android 12. Using same SD card as before.

When recording to internal space then live video feed works but as soon as you hit record on the djifly app the image freezes and no live video feed, making it essentially useless.

All app permissions granted in android. Something is obviously up with this app. Do you have any betas to try dji??
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_qiOLyRQO9aDT
New

Croatia

Same thing here. Switched form Galaxy Note 10 (where it was working perfectly) to Galaxy S22 Ultra, latest DJi firmware, latest DJI Fly, same drone, same SD card. In flight video transmits ok, but when I start recording image just freezes. Any clue anybody?
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_cDOKAvxzuOep
New
Flight distance : 1099 ft
United Kingdom

I also have a S22 ultra and I also can't shoot in 4k. I think this could be potentially be fixed with a firmware update.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_cDOKAvxzuOep
New
Flight distance : 1099 ft
United Kingdom

I also have a S22 ultra and I also can't shoot in 4k. I think this could be potentially be fixed with a firmware update.  In the mean time 2.7 k will do
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_lBYauxKTD1V9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 907139 ft
United Kingdom

Same here! Come on Dji .... get your finger out! This issue has obviously been flagged for some time now.
Just bought the Mini 2 today and feeling very disgruntled that it is incompatible with my S22 Ultra.
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_qiOLyRQO9aDT
New

Croatia

djiuser_qiOLyRQO9aDT Posted at 3-25 07:54
Same thing here. Switched form Galaxy Note 10 (where it was working perfectly) to Galaxy S22 Ultra, latest DJi firmware, latest DJI Fly, same drone, same SD card. In flight video transmits ok, but when I start recording image just freezes. Any clue anybody?

In the meantime i discovered that 4k on S22 Ultra works in 24 fps mode, not in 30 fps.
2022-4-6
Use props
djiuser_sMUdQixAwAG8
New

United States

I had the same problem with recording. Kept saying sd card was too slow. But i just got a Sandisk Extreme Plus A1 32GB V30 with speed up to 100 MB from Best Buy and its worked without any issues. Make sure your disk is a A1 and also get the sd card from Best Buy not online and not even from Walmart. Im glad to have piece of mind. Finally. Good luck.
2022-4-19
Use props
SnakeEye
New

Denmark

I have excactly the same problem with my S22 Ultra - 4 K video is not working - the picture is frozen when starting recording.
2022-5-5
Use props
SnakeEye
New

Denmark

SnakeEye Posted at 5-5 06:06
I have excactly the same problem with my S22 Ultra - 4 K video is not working - the picture is frozen when starting recording.

I have noticed that the Drone is recording in 4K and saves it to memory card, but the video is not transmitted to the RemoteControl and the Samsung S22 Utra.
So I think it must somehow be related to the transmission.
I have a Samsung S10+ which is working perfect.
Hope this BUG will bee fixed ASAP
:-)
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_Sj5u8rFqBULO
New

Switzerland

I have the exact same issues with a normal Samsung S22. Works fine with my older S20. Lower resolution works fine just 4k at 30fps.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_C0PC6lnmhLZl
New

Sweden

Same problem on the s22, glad to hear it's not just me. Works to film and see preview on all other settings (1080p etc) just 4k doesn't work (pro mode either) Will test the reinstall of the app tomorrow. But not the safest way to fly the drone. (But hey we have a new drone, buy that? Haha)
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_MIreQdm7jrcf
lvl.1

Malaysia

Not sure why recording with DJI mini 2 not saved into iPhone 13. Pls help. Thanks
2022-8-28
Use props
D-Rock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350167 ft
United States

hey guys whats going on? Im Derek and you can add me to the list of everything working but when recording in 4k it freezes sound familiar? lol, anyways i have the newest flyapp and i have a 4k sd card top of the line, so thats not the issue. I do have a samsung galaxy A53 and i no its not on their list, but it works and works great beside this annoying ass issue. PLZ PLZ PLZ help DJI come on fellas..... We all need a lil help once in a while, and like my dad always says, a closed mouth doesnt get fed.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_buKXX9ppF7ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 347589 ft
Malta

Having same problem with mini 2 while using the Samsung A53 was sold mini 2 with the condition that it was compatible with the A53 and its not since it does not record in 4K, its like buying a car being told it has electric windows but they don't work....what a pity its a great drone. Pls upgrade the firmware was thinking of getting a DJI Osmo changed my mind after read of same problems with android phones.   
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules