Did DJI change the emergency motor stop procedure?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

I read in one of the forum replies that DJI changed how to perform an emergency motor stop.  It used to be you pushed both control sticks to the inside bottom or outside bottom corners, but that is not working on my P3 Adv.  
I read that the procedure now is to hold the throttle down and push the return to home button.
Is this correct?  The manual does not show anything about this.  
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SpecialProjects. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The Combination Stick Command ( CSC ) is where you bring both sticks down fully and to the corners. This is used to start the motors of the said drone. It can also be used to stop the motors of the drone quickly. Kindly please refer to the image below for additional reference. Thank you.

2021-6-20
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Why have you posted this twice Special Projects???
2021-6-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good question - this here is a redundant thread and should probably be closed.  Here is the current thread:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=244956#pid2507384
2021-6-21
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-20 23:17
Hello there SpecialProjects. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The Combination Stick Command ( CSC ) is where you bring both sticks down fully and to the corners. This is used to start the motors of the said drone. It can also be used to stop the motors of the drone quickly. Kindly please refer to the image below for additional reference. Thank you.

[view_image]

I tested my controller and drone yesterday, and the emergency stop procedure of pushing the controls to the inside or outside lower position DOES NOT WORK.  When I do either one of those control maneuvers the motors actually run faster.  
My controller is in option 2 of the standard control settings.
If i hold throttle down for three seconds the motors stop after three seconds. .
If I hold down the the throttle and hit the return to home button on the controller the motors instantly stop.
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules