Mini 2 Disconnects Only 20 Metres Away
2229 4 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans893e9c3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2424508 ft
Malaysia

Drone loses RC connection at approximately 20 metres range. Does not reconnect until very close to RC (inside 3 metres). Drone RTH successfully each flight.
Drone had not been flown for a few weeks, previous flights had good range, approx. 3 km. Problem occurs after updating firmware to V01.03.0000. Compass & IMU calibrations carried out, DJI Fly app re-installed (Android, Huawei P9 light). Problem persists. Update 21 Jun 21: Transmission settings changed to manual & 5.8GHz.  Drone flies further before disconnecting at about 400 metres range. When switching back to 'Auto' original problem reoccurs. Firmware re-installed, no change.  Any ideas for a fix please?
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Huawei P9 Light ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei P9 Light will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-6-21
Use props
fans893e9c3a
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 00:53
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Huawei P9 Light ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei P9 Light will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Hello, thanks for your prompt reply.  The Mini 2 flew perfectly well using the Huawei P9 before I applied the update so my thoughts are that the update has caused the problem.  I will try and borrow a recommended device to see if that makes any difference.
2021-6-21
Use props
gdw2508
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 00:53
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Huawei P9 Light ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei P9 Light will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

I have now borrowed another phone but the problem is still present.  I would now like to uninstall the latest firmware update but cannot find any information on how to do so?  Can you please help?
2021-6-21
Use props
bazilenco
lvl.2
Moldova

I got a problem too. Previously, it was not. The application stopped responding twice today. In the first case, there were 30 satellites, the distance was about 3 km, possibly less, the flight was in the field, there were no high-voltage ones in the rows. The second time, it flew 231 meters, also in the field. And also the application stopped responding. In the first case, I had to restart the phone - Motorla G 30. In the second, the application started working again after 30 seconds. Until today, there have never been any problems. Maybe problems in cache? Or, i dont`t now....
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules