Not Waterproof
517 5 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa90cfc2e
lvl.1
Mexico

Can confirm that the Osmo Action will indeed leak water. Had mine two years, worked perfectly filming in water less than 10m. Out of the blue (no pun) it took on water filming in Cancun yesterday in a swimming pool. As soon as I got in the water, it shut down. I did all the usual pre-checks for the card hatch and battery, but it still leaked. Had water in both the battery well and the card hatch.

Having dived with full camera dive cases, I'm guessing it was the gaskets on the battery and card hatch that went bad. Dry or constant compression perhaps.

Save yourself some grief and get the underwater case.
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Action. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-6-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sad to hear about this.
I actually bought the water proof case 1 year ago, still haven't tried it out. I haven't had my OA under water yet, only in rain and snow.
2021-6-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Had a very similar experience. Probably gaskets dry/shrink with time. Mine started leaking through the front screen...
2021-6-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Sorry to hear but what can DJI do what  can they do on a 2 year old camera, could they have asked in here, did you take a care package out. I hope DJI can replace for FREE
2021-6-23
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

A camera waterproof as is, well if i was to use / trust that, it will have to be something unlike the OA i simply do not trust those lids.
Actually today i noticed  the hatch on my SD card compartment seem very sloppy, and it is not often i have had that lid removed.

It is a waterproof housing for me or my OA are not going into any water,,,,,, said this since day #1
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules