Charging Hub
1020 8 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madvb
New

United States

Hi.  I'm new to this and wanted to give DJI Mini 2 a try as a few people mentioned that it's a good drone for beginners.  Got a DJI Mini 2 from Costco a couple of days ago.  It does not come with a charging hub, so I have been charging the 2 batteries through the drone.  I'm planning on getting 1 or 2 more batteries.
  • Can someone recommend a good charging hub?  I thought I saw somewhere that says the DJI charging hub can only charge 1 battery at a time.  I would prefer to charge 2 or 3 batteries at a time to reduce wait time.
  • Would there be any danger or issues with keeping the batteries in the charging hub that is still plugged in for hours or even a couple of days, even when the batteries are full?  I often forget the charged batteries.
  • If a battery is down to 50% charged from flying earlier and I want to fly the drone again in a few hours, should I charge the battery from 50% or should I drain it down first and charge it from say 10%?  Or maybe it doesn't matter?  Sorry, new to these Lipo batteries and don't want to start a fire.
  • I have changed the settings to show Imperial units (showing feet instead of meters).  The DJI app shows height and distance in feet, but the recording subtitle that contains the height and distance are still showing in meters.  Can this be changed to show in feet?
  • Can someone also recommend a case that can hold the drone, controller, charging hub (not DJI one), batteries, and some accessories?

Thanks in advance.

2021-6-21
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

Hi,
The DJI hub is probably the best option for charging multiple batteries
https://store.dji.com/ie/product/mini-2-two-way-charging-hub

4:
I don't think the subtitles can be changes unfortunately... a few people have been requesting this option
2021-6-21
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

This charger can charge multiple batteries at the same time.  oIt has been mentioned before on this forum:  https://amz.run/4fWZ
2021-6-21
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Madvb,

the DJI battery hub might be the best and safest to charge the mini 2's battery.
You can insert 3 batteries, and will charge them 1 after 1. Starting from the one that has still the highest charge.

Yes, you can re-charge from 50% or any other left over charge. Just wait charge till the battery has cooled down from flight.

No, it is not a good idea to keep your batteries all the time at 100%. That will damage the battery and shorten the lifespan. The smart batteries will drain themself to around 70% to keep safe.
2021-6-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

smbishop Posted at 6-21 09:26
This charger can charge multiple batteries at the same time.  oIt has been mentioned before on this forum:  https://amz.run/4fWZ

I purchased this for the mini 1 previously and really liked it as you can charge up to four batteries, phone,
& controller simultaneously!
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already have your newly purchased DJI Mavic Mini 2 with you. Regarding your questions,

1. The DJI Mavic Mini 2 Intelligent flight battery can only work with the DJI charging hub and yes, it will charge a battery one at a time to ensure the safety of the battery cells.
2. Kindly please remove the battery on the charger as long as it is fully charged to avoid issues.
3. Yes, you can re-charge the battery till it goes to 100% before flying.
4. This concern was already forwarded to our designated team for attention.
5. You may want to check the DJI Mini bag+ on our store website.

Hope I had answered all your queries. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2021-6-21
Use props
madvb
New

United States

Thank you all for your input.  Think I'll give the Hanatora 6-in-1 charger a try.
2021-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

madvb Posted at 6-21 20:08
Thank you all for your input.  Think I'll give the Hanatora 6-in-1 charger a try.

Great choice.  You simply can't go wrong with the Hanatora 6 in 1 Battery Charger.
2021-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

madvb Posted at 6-21 20:08

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules