SD Card Recommendations
652 4 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Looking for some advice on a different brand of SD cards. I'm currently using (two) SanDisk Extreme 128GB A2 V30 and one 512GB. Been having a horrible experience with them, ALL the cards I have somehow end up being defective.

This will be the third time returning a card and it's a brand new card I just received from filing a warranty. I'm starting to wonder if it's the camera and not the card, anybody have suggestions?
2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there united by water. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have posted. For reference I will post the list of supported SD card to the DJI Osmo Action below and you may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said micro SD card that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI members with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.

2021-6-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I used Sandisk 128GB v30 in my OA and had no problem, but now I use Lexar 64GB v30 in my OA.

With all my equipment I have, I have different cards (mostly colors) and 2 of them are different Sandisk, 1 Lexar and 1 Kingston. No problem with any of them.

Only problem I had with my first Sandisk I had (old Class 10), was that it was too slow, so had to upgrade.

Did you buy yours from ebay/amazon etc. or from a true camera store? I mean, there are so many fakes out there (just checking)

2021-6-22
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-22 13:00
I used Sandisk 128GB v30 in my OA and had no problem, but now I use Lexar 64GB v30 in my OA.

With all my equipment I have, I have different cards (mostly colors) and 2 of them are different Sandisk, 1 Lexar and 1 Kingston. No problem with any of them.

B&H. But the thing is, all the cards I have sent back to SanDisk (lifetime warranty on SD cards), I'm now having issues with the new card they just gave me (the 128). I also had a 256 and started to get the same "writing error." SanDisk upgraded me to a 512 out of courtesy. The cards seem to work fine for the first 3-5 months then I get the writing error. The 512 hasn't been giving me any troubles yet, but I'm waiting for it to happen. I picked up a Samsung EVO Select to try.

I'm starting to think something might be wrong with the camera.
2021-6-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

united by water Posted at 6-22 17:08
B&H. But the thing is, all the cards I have sent back to SanDisk (lifetime warranty on SD cards), I'm now having issues with the new card they just gave me (the 128). I also had a 256 and started to get the same "writing error." SanDisk upgraded me to a 512 out of courtesy. The cards seem to work fine for the first 3-5 months then I get the writing error. The 512 hasn't been giving me any troubles yet, but I'm waiting for it to happen. I picked up a Samsung EVO Select to try.

This got me actually thinking about a few years ago when I had the same problem with my sd-cards for my dslr. I got new from sandisk and after a while same problem.

Few month later I bought new card-reader, no more problem.
2021-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules