File name on video and photos
2183 2 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3OOoYfX5eqKX
New
Flight distance : 79364 ft
United States

I'm having an issue with my Air 2s fly app for Android. When I cut and paste my video and photos from my drone SD card to my PC, It resets everytime to DJI_0001.mp4.  This is horrible programming. Why can't DJI just label the file names with the current date and time? E.g. for 8am on June 21st, 2021 the filename should be: 06212021_0800.mp4 or something like that? The date and time is stored on the file but why can't it be also be  placed within file name?
2021-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-6-21
Use props
SURV69
New

United States

The second the GPS gets a fix, the GPS provides precise file information that could easily be associated with a drone designator to save files in EXACT order in such a way that files would NEVER get mixed up.  This would ensue that even if a single SD card was used for a week, month, or even a year or two ... no 2 files could be stored out of order ... this would make so much sense that I cannot begin to understand why Photo files are not always saved this way, except for those few times one chooses not to employ(turn on), GPS.  I am now looking at Mavic.  The drone looks very useful, but I do not need 2,000 files to end up in a jumbled mess ... especially, if I am using a number of project and sometimes returning to a site once or twice a month ... this shortcoming reminds me of the fact that programmers in 8 bit, NEVER CONCERNED themselves with corrective action, when 16 bit computer became normal ... anyone remember being at the edge of a cliff Y2000?  Shortsighted programmers are the cause of filing problems ... I've spent too many late nights changing files that have become a shuffled mess ...
2022-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules