1179 7 2021-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aregh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22201 ft
Poland

Hi there,

during the night june 19/20 a thief got into our camper on parking lot in France (near Orange) and stole my stuff including DJI Mini 2 (serial number 2Q4CHCC3B3E73M). I read this forum and I know DJI won't help to find it and it's impossible to track new flights, but does anyone know any worldwide registry of stolen drones? Where should I (could I) register it to signalize to anyone who wouldl buy it?

Thanx

2021-6-22
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Did you bind it to your account, if so DJI can stop anyone from using it again.
2021-6-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about that. We may suggest you contact our online support to report your loss, our related team will try our best to help you with that issue.  Please contact the link below: https://www.dji.com/au/support?site=brandsite&from=nav11:15. Thanks and best regards.
2021-6-22
Use props
Aregh
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 6-22 04:25
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about that. We may suggest you contact our online support to report your loss, our related team will try our best to help you with that issue.  Please contact the link below: https://www.dji.com/au/support?site=brandsite&from=nav11:15. Thanks and best regards.

As expected. Online support sent me to local police:
"Sorry to inform you we are unable to track or block your aircraft. Tracking the aircraft will require the synced flight data via DJI APP by the pilot and also the DJI account that the pilot flies your drone with.

We recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case.
Hope that you can find your device as soon as possible."
2021-6-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

obviously you need a police report before anyone can take definite action.  any person simply cannot report a serial number to the authorities to have it blocked.  too much of that nonsense from previous owners who sold their used equipment and when embroiled in a [civil] disagreement over payment sought to block the seller by placing a "lien."  personally i'm not a fan of the oem being able to block their equipment because that means the government can block it as well.  the used mobile phone market suffered a lot from locked phones.  but i do believe in the tracking element to aid in investigations.  sorry about your loss, it's no fun to lose something that you've work hard for and it's even harder to replace it knowing that it was stolen.
2021-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It may actuually be possible to track a flight if you had the Sync option turned on and if the new "owner" fails to notice your login id/password and does a flight using the mobile device he stole with the drone. If you have another device that has the fly app installed, you could then see the flight log. I recently gave one of my drones and tablet to my step son. I left on the Sync option and he has not yet created a new DJI account for himself. I can see his flight logs on my phone.
2021-6-22
Use props
Aregh
lvl.1
Poland

The Saint Posted at 6-22 11:11
obviously you need a police report before anyone can take definite action.  any person simply cannot report a serial number to the authorities to have it blocked.  too much of that nonsense from previous owners who sold their used equipment and when embroiled in a [civil] disagreement over payment sought to block the seller by placing a "lien."  personally i'm not a fan of the oem being able to block their equipment because that means the government can block it as well.  the used mobile phone market suffered a lot from locked phones.  but i do believe in the tracking element to aid in investigations.  sorry about your loss, it's no fun to lose something that you've work hard for and it's even harder to replace it knowing that it was stolen.

We reported to local police (Gandarmerie Nacionale) 6 ours after the robbery. We have official "theft report". I informed DJI on this.
2021-6-22
Use props
Aregh
lvl.1
Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 6-22 12:24
It may actuually be possible to track a flight if you had the Sync option turned on and if the new "owner" fails to notice your login id/password and does a flight using the mobile device he stole with the drone. If you have another device that has the fly app installed, you could then see the flight log. I recently gave one of my drones and tablet to my step son. I left on the Sync option and he has not yet created a new DJI account for himself. I can see his flight logs on my phone.

Thans for Your reply. Fortunately a mobile device was not stolen
2021-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules