How to learn for part 107 license exam
3253 8 2021-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
Netherlands

I have started to look into FAA licensing and taking the part 107 exam.  
I have been flying and learning about my Mini 2 drone since December 2020.  I have watched dozens (perhaps hundreds) of drone tutorials and have been flying at least a couple of times a week. Although I am really only doing this for recreation, I notice that the FAA appears to also consider providing drone service for volunteer organizations as an activity that requires a commercial license.  Also, as a way to share videos, I have a YouTube channel where I post videos and that, too, seems to be an activity that the FAA might consider requires a commercial license (at least if YouTube adds ever kicked in and paid).  Plus,  drone flight and photography has become a very consuming hobby for me.  When I am not flying, I am very likely reading or watching video tutorials to learn more.  So I am thinking that learning about the part 107 exam is one next step I want to consider.

Here's the problem I am having.  There is a ton of information pollution about the exam out there on the internet.  There are many, many courses being offered by many, many different drone pilot schools.  There are a ton of books - many outdated, many with terrible reviews.  And the FAA information I have been able to find is really sad and pathetic.  I swear, there must be a requirement for FAA documents that at least 2 or more obscure acronyms are used in every sentence.  Also, all discussions must be as cryptic as possible.  I am wondering if there is a better way to navigate through this sea of misinformation and actually learn some of the material the FAA thinks I need to understand.

Any reccomendations, suggestions or advice from those who have been through the exam process would be appreciated.
2021-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-6-22
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 23:55
Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html

Thanks, I will try there.
2021-6-23
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

go to Pilot Institute, he is a Pilot and Drone Operator and his Part 107 course teaches you everything you need to know. Pilot Institute Part 107
2021-9-27
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

Have you passed yet?!
2022-1-2
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
United States

Raw_B Posted at 1-2 15:27
Have you passed yet?!

I finished studying a Study and Prep book for remote pilot test preparation and was ready to take the test when another surge of COVID came.  I live in a house with someone with a compromised immune system and have been reluctant to go sit in a testing room for 2 hours.  I couldn't find out who else might be in that room or what COVID protocols they followed.  Since I don't really need the part 107 license for any specific reason, I decided to wait.   It seemed silly to risk bringing COVID home and possibly killing my spouse just to gain the satisfaction of passing a test to get a license I don't really need.  I still have the study and preparation book on my desk and have the Pilot Institute part 107 license course bookmarked.  If I get to a point that I actually need the part 107 license or  whenever we get to a lull in COVID danger, I will probably go take the test.  Until then, I fly a couple of times per week and wait.
2022-1-2
Use props
StereooeretS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158947 ft
United States

Thank you Raw_B for replying to jmgolio that was the information I’ve been looking for. I’m new to flying but I was looking for a change in profession and to see Pilot Institute offers the training for for so many things my allow me to get started in a new future. Thank you!
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_J9L1JPQ1mCM7
New

United States

Thanks for the interesting information
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_GhH6SfaVIQKD
lvl.1

Turkey

Thanks for sharing the information. From personal experience, I realized that in order to get a high mark on the exam, it is important to attend all classes and not have academic debts. Thanks to paper writers from https://www.bestessay.com/ I don't have academic debts, but I have problems with attendance, which is why I'm worried about future exams.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules