Soft crash at beach
1261 8 2021-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

so I had a soft crash ( tree branches) and crashed in the sand. Could really feel the grinding sand in motors when I rotated by hand.
I considered sending in for my first  dji care claim, but dreaded the long time without my baby. So I YouTube'd to see what was what, and came up with:

Well after tapping my motors upside down, spraying air everywhere, several times, and a few test flights where I could retrieve my bird, I'm quite confident that I can fly anywhere again.
Hope this helps someone. Whatch out for sand, and branches, and birds, and everything else, eh?
2021-6-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i want my 3:20 back.
2021-6-22
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loved the intro, and the conclusion, nice photography!
2021-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would still be wary of any possible damage to the motors. All it would take is one grain to get stuck again or the salt water ingested to start corrosion. I had both front motors of a Mini lock up due to unknown binding causes. Fortunately I found out while it was still on the ground. I replaced both arm/motors for about $50 myself.
At the very least, check the motors for resistance before every flight. That is what I do with all my drones now.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224723

2021-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there marc70. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and if you feel that your DJI Mini 2 is not performing well on your future flights. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pleased that you managed to fix it.  
2021-6-22
Use props
marc70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

Thanks for the advice, GaryDoug.
For everyone reading these, that's not my video, but something I found on YouTube. Anyways, I'm in Ontario,
2021-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the video you found.  Glad you were able to de-sand the motors and can fly again.  As GaryDoug (Post 5) says keep an eye on the motors and free spin them before every flight to make sure there is no resistance.  I too had to replace a front motor and arm on a Mini.
2021-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to have it flying again!
2021-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now