Mini 2 battery discharge
10376 11 2021-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Xqhb9DxBw6Vw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2549957 ft
United States

Hello , I am still confused about the correct way to store the mini 2 battery after they have been charge. I thought after the latest software/ firmware update it would be no issue leaving battery in chargeing hub or aircraft itself, but after a full charge I fine the battery when left in the hub  ( unpowered) for over 48 hours they still retain there's 100% power, maybe I miss something somewhere alone the line as far as battery maintenance and storage, Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated, I am brand new to the forum so any mistake I may have made please feel free to advise me in that  area also
2021-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a known 'issue'.
Happens with mine too.
2021-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. The DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. Thank you.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_Xqhb9DxBw6Vw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 00:13
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. The DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. Thank you.

So is the situation  i  Described ( battery left in the DJI charging hub unpower and maintaining 100% charge 48 hours later) normal? Not showing  any discharge  in 2 days?,  Should I not leave them in hub after  being fully charged?  should i not leave them in aircraft when not in use?, and again  i have installed  all the latest firmware/ software updates,  i was under the impression that the recent update  would allow for normal discharge while left in the charging hube??
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_Xqhb9DxBw6Vw
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-23 23:33
It is a known 'issue'.
Happens with mine too.

Thanks , so am i wrong  in assuming  that with the latest update  the battery  were to start a normal  discharge  even when still in the charging hub or aircraft?
2021-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_Xqhb9DxBw6Vw Posted at 6-24 13:10
Thanks , so am i wrong  in assuming  that with the latest update  the battery  were to start a normal  discharge  even when still in the charging hub or aircraft?

That should be the case indeed.
But I have not tested it since the last update.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_dIHCxFkVZr3c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I thought this problem was fixed, but I have a mini se and I've just been away for eight days. The three batteries were fully charged when I left. They have been in the charging hub all the time I've been away. On my return I checked the level of charge and to my dismay the are all still showing as fully charged. What's going on here! I read and see videos saying this issue is fixed, but that is not my experience
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_dIHCxFkVZr3c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My drone etc. has all the latest software /firmware updates installed by the way.
2022-4-3
Use props
oyvinator
lvl.1

Norway

djiuser_dIHCxFkVZr3c Posted at 4-3 10:13
I thought this problem was fixed, but I have a mini se and I've just been away for eight days. The three batteries were fully charged when I left. They have been in the charging hub all the time I've been away. On my return I checked the level of charge and to my dismay the are all still showing as fully charged. What's going on here! I read and see videos saying this issue is fixed, but that is not my experience

same.. although i have the mini 2.. i have 3d printed a seperator between the hub and the 3 battery charging connectors.. still my batteries seems to be over 95% charge after 2 weeks..  there are no updates on the home screen for batteries.. have swapped all 3 out and checked
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

oyvinator Posted at 12-27 07:16
same.. although i have the mini 2.. i have 3d printed a seperator between the hub and the 3 battery charging connectors.. still my batteries seems to be over 95% charge after 2 weeks..  there are no updates on the home screen for batteries.. have swapped all 3 out and checked

Hi, oyvinator. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 2 battery comes with an auto-discharging function. However, the user cannot set when the auto discharge will begin.

Battery auto-discharging protection: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 72% of the battery level when it is idle for 9 days. (It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.)

Insert the battery into the aircraft or battery charging hub for auto-discharging. Powering on or charging the battery can stop auto-discharging. But auto discharging does not stop if only pressing the power button or function button on the battery charging hub once. (After placing the battery in the aircraft and the battery charging hub, the battery status will change to self-discharge. To interrupt the self-discharge, power on the aircraft, or charge the aircraft. For example, after inserting a battery into an aircraft or connecting the battery charging hub to a power supply, the product will not perform a self-discharge. However, pressing the Power Button or the Function button of the battery charging hub alone will not interrupt the self-discharge). When the aircraft or the charging hub is connected to a power supply, the aircraft battery level LEDs or the battery hub status LEDs are provided with power by that supply.

Long-term storage of batteries:

During storage, the battery will deplete at an extremely low speed as is normal for lithium batteries. When the battery level is extremely low, batteries may over-discharge.

To maintain battery activity and extend battery use life, it is recommended to discharge the battery to 40% - 65% when it will not be used for 10 days or longer and store it in a dry and cool place (22°C - 28 °C). Check the battery level every three months and then let the battery completely discharge and then recharge it. Pay attention to battery maintenance during daily use.

We hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-27
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I found It takes about 1 week to discharge 25%
2023-2-10
Use props
Kilrymont
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-27 19:13
Hi, oyvinator. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 2 battery comes with an auto-discharging function. However, the user cannot set when the auto discharge will begin.

Battery auto-discharging protection: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 72% of the battery level when it is idle for 9 days. (It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.)

Trying to untangle the confusing stuff just above re auto-discharge... and failing.  Check the emboldened text selections below which seem to me to be self-contradictory...

So...  does the battery suffer irreversible damage if allowed to self discharge completely - or doesn't it?  The extracts  below seem to imply that both are true. Which I find "confusing,"...

During storage, the battery will deplete at an extremely low speed as is normal for lithium batteries. When the battery level is extremely low, batteries may over-discharge.

To maintain battery activity and extend battery use life, it is recommended to discharge the battery to 40% - 65% when it will not be used for 10 days or longer and store it in a dry and cool place (22°C - 28 °C). Check the battery level every three months and then let the battery completely discharge and then recharge it. Pay attention to battery maintenance during daily use.
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules