Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I did a test today with my Mini2 (Fly app and M2 on latest updates)

I flew through a large width concrete bicycle tunnel, see the video.
All the M2 moves done by my RC inputs, no weird moves in ATTI (zero wind in the tunnel)

Hope to get some answers from DJI as i am not really happy with my findings!

a) when my M2 switched to OPTI mode form N mode ; no sound alert or any information in the app.
b) when my M2 switched to ATTI mode; no sound alert !
c) flight mode remained all the time in N mode in the app.

DJI ; do have look in your FlyApp logics and show your drone pilots the correct information by messages and sound alerts!
Speed and Distance values can be used to determine the mode  ;-) and more ofcourse. i.e. VisionInUse etc.

a) When drone into OPTI > change current flight mode and show OPTI ! + sound alert
b) When drone into ATTI > change current flight mode and show ATTI ! + sound alert

PS AirData conversion of the flightrecord shows ATTI correct but OPTI is shown as N mode.

cheers
JJB

2021-6-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Oops, very smart test JJB and thanks for a very interesting test. Would like to see what DJI will say to this. I assume that when you have no GPS you have no speed, if I understate this correct. Excellent test JJB.
2021-6-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kyalami Posted at 6-23 08:46
Oops, very smart test JJB and thanks for a very interesting test. Would like to see what DJI will say to this. I assume that when you have no GPS you have no speed, if I understate this correct. Excellent test JJB.

No (or not enough) GPS and vision bottem sensor not active (too dark or out of range) = zero speed
2021-6-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mobile device compass pointer goes away also since the drone position is now unknown.
2021-6-23
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Well done JJB.
But what really surprised me, the drone still was able to calculate the speed. Until today my understanding was, that it will be done by the GPS position and I am not convinced, that the M2 is able to do so with the downward sonsors.
2021-6-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

nice test, JJB

It would be interesting to know in which mode the craft really is.
2021-6-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 6-23 18:36
nice test, JJB

It would be interesting to know in which mode the craft really is.

N mode, into OPTI mode and once in ATTI
2021-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone tried the soda can trick with the mini 2 to force anti mode?
2021-6-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 6-23 13:03
Well done JJB.
But what really surprised me, the drone still was able to calculate the speed. Until today my understanding was, that it will be done by the GPS position and I am not convinced, that the M2 is able to do so with the downward sonsors.

Good question about how the speed is calculated....

The FlyApp data on the screen is not equal to the flightlog data (decrypted via DJI via AirData).

In this flight the LatLon GPS data was logged during the entire flight !  Flighmode change to ATTI does not always mean that GPS data isn`t there, if a combination of values are under their threshold values than into ATTI, plus sofware stops using GPS data.
In the video this is seen at 3m4s when speed is showing zero in ATTI.

Distance is set to --- in the flyapp, distance to home uses drone GPS data, but drone GPS data was logged (and as valid values ). so this must mean that the software simply stops calculating if GPS data is marked as unreliable. See again 3m45 when shortly the GPS icon amber 7 and distance seen as 23 meter.
Mayby the DJI software engineers forgot to disable speed value as they did with the distance value when GPS data is 'unreliable' but still usefull as the speed values shows....

I have to do another test, see if i can find a flying spot such that there is NO gps reception at all, check the OPTI and ATTI chanhes again.

BUT what i do miss, as i do not always look at my screen when flying, is sound alerts and that N mode does change into OPTI and ATTI.

Chart = Red line is move line in ATTI mode, as the GPS data was recorded in the log.

cheers
JJB

OPTIATTI-1.png
2021-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is not too nice.
2021-6-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 23:18
Anyone tried the soda can trick with the mini 2 to force anti mode?

yes, i tried to push the M2 into a large soda can....that worked oke only the blades could not spin....  ;-)
2021-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-23 23:45
yes, i tried to push the M2 into a large soda can....that worked oke only the blades could not spin....  ;-)

lol,   on some of the other drones you could cut a small square of the metal from the soda can and tape it to the top of the drone to trick it into Atti mode.
2021-6-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 6-23 12:13
The mobile device compass pointer goes away also since the drone position is now unknown.

Good spotted Gary!

In the Log the GPS LatLon were logged, FlyApp software simply cut off the use of GPS data due to 'something'.

Nex time i will set HP furher away so the HP mark is out of the way...

cheers
JJB
2021-6-24
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Awaiting your new test and results.
2021-6-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 6-24 03:38
Awaiting your new test and results.

Hi,

Did a simple test.

A flight inside my living room, no GPS receiving.
Takeoff and Mini2 in full control, so Mini was flying in a stabilized OPTI mode.
No distance value, it shows ---.
Speed did indicate good values, so in OPTI mode speed is calculated without the use of GPS distance over time calculation.

"No GPS" message and after that "Attitude mode. Fly with caution" wich disappeared after short time.
This means that the "Attitude mode" red warning is incorrect!

FlyApp shows N-mode entire flight,  Airdata shows ATTI mode, Mini2 flying in OPTI mode !
In the CSV file the flight mode is P-GPS all the time (in air),  so Airdata does manual adjust the P-GPS into ATTI....

Time for DJI to change adjust and fine tune their FlyApp !

cheers
JJB

Image 1.png
Image 2.png
AttiMode.png
Image 4.png
Image 5.png
2021-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-24 05:02
Hi,

Did a simple test.

Agree 100%.

Balls in DJI's court.  Will be interesting see what they do or if they fail to take any action.
2021-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-25 06:05

Agree 100%.

It is normal for DJI to write some nice words on users posting a great picture or video, but i would be surprised if they will act on my test  / information....
2021-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules