I lose the FPV video on my Phantom 2 Vision
1266 4 2015-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

Early last year I bought my first Phantom 2 from DJI and I was losing the video display when I flew. Looking at the forum I found that if I reset the camera to the original setting it would correct the problem and it worked. Over the last year I upgraded my Phantom and now have an Inspire 1. With all the new DJI quads I was able to buy a Phantom 2 Vision very cheep. With this Phantom I lose the FPV video sometimes (the display is black and white) , if I re-boot the Phantom it comes back. Everting thing else works (including the camera) and all other information is displayed and I have full control. I have looked on this forum and found a few things to try but nothing that I found fixes the problem permanently. The Phantom 2 Vision had only two flights before I bought it and it has never crashed. I have updated all of the software and all batteries are fully charged. I use a iPhone 6 plus when I fly and a MAC to update the firmware. Any suggestions what I can try?

2015-7-22
Use props
bryan
New

United States

Posting this message as a duplicate from another thread:

I also have a Vision 2. I previously flew it about four months ago and everything worked fine..... Meaning I could receive the live video feed and display it real time on my iphone.
Now, after using it just a few weeks ago, it will not display the video feed.

Like others have posted, I can receive all of the telemetry and control the camera. I can see pics takes and video taken in the album section of the ap.
I have tried every fix posted on this forum as well as everything posted on other non-dji forums....... nothing works.

Question 1.... Is it possible that through an updated ap that DJI has purposefully or accidentally shut off the video feed for anyone who has not updated their copter to the new "altitude" restricted firmware?

Question 2.... I have a friend who has the exact same copter and uses a Samsung (previously worked).  His Phantom is doing the exact same thing as mine. Both were flown at the same time several months ago, and both sat dormant for four months........  what are the odds that it is not hardware related and somehow is related to question 1?
2015-7-22
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

to answer that question. Plug it into your computer and update it. See if it still works after that. I have the same quad P2V 2.1 and mine is at 3.14 update.
2015-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

bryan@ahlquisti Posted at 2015-7-22 21:41
Posting this message as a duplicate from another thread:

I also have a Vision 2. I previously fle ...

As for question 1, probably not impossible but nope...I have not updated past 3.12 and no issues at all...Lot's and lots of flights since the intro of 3.14 and no update of the DJI Vision app for a while...
As for question 2, has to be more of a coincidence...
Try renaming or re binding and deleting and reloading the phone software..also check your camera connections real close, several have found the most subtle disconnect.
2015-7-26
Use props
bryan
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-7-27 01:20
As for question 1, probably not impossible but nope...I have not updated past 3.12 and no issues a ...

I have tried every so called fix on this forum ... Nothing works.
I am incredulous over dji  supports total lack of comprehension of this problem.
They sent me an email outlining every  useless fix, and then sent me an email stating the issue had been resolved... It has not.
I have seen no less than thirty posts just like mine.... All of them unresolved..... Come on dji how about a real solution .... This is all over YouTube and every forum with quad copters.
It makes no logical sense that every smart device can see captured pics and vid but cannot display it live...fpv.
Why does all telemetry work except the live feed?
Why can you take pics and vid but not see them live?
Btw... Calling dji all day.... Wonderful recording telling you to call back..... Great service
2015-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules