Spark + RC Video transmission not working. Even 10 centimeters!
1519 6 2021-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eugene K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 585669 ft
Greece

Hello,

I've been using Spark with RC for several years and everything was great. The distance was ok (more than 1 kilometer), the video signal was ok. But then last year (2020) something happened (don't know exactly, either firmware or software update) and then video transmission quality degraded drastically. As for now video transmission doesn't work even if the quad, RC and Phone are put together at 10 centimeters distance. The video freezes, disconnects, displays green squares, refreshes frame by frame once per 30 seconds. Completelly unusable.

Prerequisites:
  • DJI Spark, RC, Samsung Galaxy A8. No OTG cable. Worked perfectly fine until misterious malfunction happened. None of these hardware units were changed.
  • Tried in several countries (Europe). Tried to reset WiFi settings according with local regulations of each country. Tried FCC mode GPS hack. No result.
  • DJI Go4 App. Tried to update to latest APK from official DJI site.
  • The control channel works better than video transmission. I'm still able to fly away in 500 meters and drone perfectly reacts for cotrol input.
  • Tried to re-pair drone with RC. No result.

Please help. I have no more ideas left.

Thanks.

2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eugene K. I am sorry for the trouble this has casued and thank you for reaching out out. Can you please try using a different mobile device for to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4  application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A8 will be able to work on the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI drone and with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Spark. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/pr ... ;from=insite_search ). Thank you.

2021-6-24
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Eugene,

Hint: do not put RF transmitters and receivers so close together, they do not like that.

Have you tried an older Go 4 app like the renowned 4.1.15?
Newer apk version have more support for other drones, but also need way more memory your phone is possibly not able to cope with.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-25
Use props
Eugene K
lvl.2
United States

Wolferl Posted at 6-25 05:55
Hi Eugene,

Hint: do not put RF transmitters and receivers so close together, they do not like that.

Hi. How do I download the older version from official site? I dont want to use APK from some unofficial site which is unsafe.
2021-6-27
Use props
Eugene K
lvl.2
United States

So I downloaded older version from APKMirror, two years old, I know exactly that this version worked fine for me in 2019. But still no result...
2021-6-27
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Eugene K Posted at 6-27 05:07
So I downloaded older version from APKMirror, two years old, I know exactly that this version worked fine for me in 2019. But still no result...

Hi Eugene,

Too bad the easy fix didn't work :-(
Can you please do a short video how it looks like, and post it here?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-28
Use props
Eugene K
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys, here's another update. I tried my friend's phone - it's the old Lenovo P2 from 2016. And surprisingly it works perfectly fine! I just don't understand how can this happen, because that Lenovo phone is much older than my Galaxy A8 and it has weaker hardware. Looks like the problem is actually the phone. And a year ago my Galaxy worked fine too, but something happened to it, maybe Samsung broken something with OS update during last year.
Looks like I have to buy a new phone specially for DJI app. This is ridiculous. Not sure who's fault this is - Samsung's or DJI's, but definitely there's some kind of incompatibility.
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules