Suggestion: Allow Gimbal Movement in Quickshots
1149 6 2021-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

With one of the recent firmware updates (can't remember which version), users had the ability to control the height, rotation and gimbal position when the RTH function had been activated.

I've found that when using some of the Quickshots, the marked area sometimes goes out of frame. Would it be possible to update the firmware so that the user could adjust the gimbal position and even the rotation of the drone during the Quickshot? That way, users wouldn't have to repeat the Quickshot numerous times to get the result they want, as a couple of degrees of gimbal and/or rotation movement would give them the result they want.

In theory, this shouldn't be an issue since it's already implemented in the RTH mode, and since the Quickshots are effectively just following a designated path, adjusting the rotation and/or gimbal shouldn't affect it's behaviour.
2021-6-24
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

For now all you can do is use litchi app, then be able to set your flight path .... then you can control the camera along any route you choose.
If you have care-refresh and use litchi, then have an accident, DJI will not help you.  Food for thought.  I'm waiting until my carerefresh runs out, then I'll give litchi a try.   Really neat app that works with google earth even, so you can see your flight path in 3D and make sure you're not going to hit a pole or something.
For now, in order to get that feature from DJI, you have to spend more money on a bigger drone.  The mini2 could do it, it's just coding ..... but DJI has to hold back features to lure people into a more expensive item.  
2021-6-24
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

hunterws Posted at 6-24 14:47
For now all you can do is use litchi app, then be able to set your flight path .... then you can control the camera along any route you choose.
If you have care-refresh and use litchi, then have an accident, DJI will not help you.  Food for thought.  I'm waiting until my carerefresh runs out, then I'll give litchi a try.   Really neat app that works with google earth even, so you can see your flight path in 3D and make sure you're not going to hit a pole or something.
For now, in order to get that feature from DJI, you have to spend more money on a bigger drone.  The mini2 could do it, it's just coding ..... but DJI has to hold back features to lure people into a more expensive item.  https://youtu.be/dQ8VaH4wqNQ

Lithci does not support Mini 2, only mini 1. I believe DJI said they were not creating APK for Mini 2 or air 2s so Lithci would not be able to control them!
2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mini 2 doesn't have this said feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for their attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-24
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-24 19:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mini 2 doesn't have this said feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for their attention. Thank you for your continued support!

I'm aware it doesn't have the feature which is why I suggested having it implemented. And since the functionality is already available when using the RTH function, there shouldn't be too much work involved in implementing it within Quickshots.
2021-6-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

steamship Posted at 6-25 02:57
I'm aware it doesn't have the feature which is why I suggested having it implemented. And since the functionality is already available when using the RTH function, there shouldn't be too much work involved in implementing it within Quickshots.

Not possible. The gimble and heading are how Quickshots are implemented. RTH is a straight flight back to HP.
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

steamship Posted at 6-25 02:57

Thank you for your response. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules