Caveat! Really disappointed... DJI CARE REFRESH for MA 2 replacement
996 7 2021-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PPDTheCircle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32028 ft
Canada

Unfortunately, I broke my MA2 a month ago, then I use my DJI CARE REFRESH to get a replacement (this is my first replacement/repair). The process took about 20 days since I'm living in Canada, then I got my replacement delivered to my place yestorday. I was so excited, finially, I got it back before Canada the Summer end.

However, after I open the box, first, I found the controller is such old, the rubber worn out, and there is a long deep scratch on top surface (my original controller was very new, I always kept it in a good condition, never drop it, and wash my hand before I use it....). But here is not the worst part.

The drone look like new condition, it sealed in a box, and had all stickers on it, but I notice this ISN'T ADS-B sticker on the fore arm, all the north america version should have this sticker, but I thought it might be just DJI already installed the ADS-B for all the MA2 now, so they don't need the indicator sticker anymore. HOWEVER, I WAS WRONG!!! I flew it several times, I saw the manned aircraft above it many times, but it shows NO notice, then I know it doesn't has the ADS-B installed on it.

Such a disappointed replacement experience,  everything is so wrong and waited for 20 days.... I contacted DJI online service, they asked me to mail it back again, so I will mail it back and wait...

Just want to share my experience to give you some ideas and caveat here.

2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about that, and thanks for reaching out. After checking with the case number you have opened, and there have shown two case numbers (one is opened on 02/06/2021 and another one is opened on 24/06/2021), could you tell us which case number are you going to use? Meanwhile, could you give us the ticket number after you emailed us? We will look into your case and urge our related team to reply to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Thanks for your response.
2021-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 week wait and then get a non-NorthAmerican ADS-B equipped drone is unsatisfactory.  Somebody at DJI paid no attention to what location the replacement drone was headed to.  Best of luck in getting your issue resolved quickly.  
2021-6-25
Use props
PPDTheCircle
lvl.1
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-25 06:40
3 week wait and then get a non-NorthAmerican ADS-B equipped drone is unsatisfactory.  Somebody at DJI paid no attention to what location the replacement drone was headed to.  Best of luck in getting your issue resolved quickly.

Exactly, so disappointed.
Thanks for the support, friend.
2021-6-25
Use props
PPDTheCircle
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 6-24 19:03
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about that, and thanks for reaching out. After checking with the case number you have opened, and there have shown two case numbers (one is opened on 02/06/2021 and another one is opened on 24/06/2021), could you tell us which case number are you going to use? Meanwhile, could you give us the ticket number after you emailed us? We will look into your case and urge our related team to reply to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Thanks for your response.

Thanks for notice this and the fast response.

The Case I gonna use is the one create on 6-24, end with C7T7P2 .

I just hope this time I will get the new/ like new condition replacement that has ADS-B (North American version). Same for the controller (Not one that looks older than my original controller)...
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PPDTheCircle Posted at 6-25 08:48
Thanks for notice this and the fast response.

The Case I gonna use is the one create on 6-24, end with C7T7P2 .

Thanks for the information. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team to follow up. If there is any progress, we will keep you updated.
2021-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

PPDTheCircle Posted at 6-25 08:43
Exactly, so disappointed.
Thanks for the support, friend.

You're welcome.  
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we found through the serial number of the drone that the replaced drone supports ADS-B. The absence of stickers does not mean that it is not supported, so it will not affect daily use. In addition, regarding the remote controller issue, we will verify it after we receive it.
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules