Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S18LOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I used to own the first Mavic Air which i really liked flying. I sold it few years ago and now would like to get back to flying drones again, maninly for use on Hoildays, and Hiking. I'm bit of a tech geek and like the lastest tech.
I have both CAA Flyer and Operator ID and was looking at Mavic Air 2S, Mavic Air 2 and the Mini 2

My questions are:
Since i've not flown few years which one would be best?

What the the pro and cons of each drone?

Is the Air 2S worth the extra money over the Mavic Air 2? (Amazon price Air 2S £1,169 and MA 2 £932) both for Fly more combo

What is C Class certification? and Does if mean without one in the future the drone will be useless?

Is DJI Care Refresh worth it?

Since the Air 2 S is new, are there many problems that need to be fit via firm updates?

Any advise would be great guys, Thanks!
2021-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

For holiday and hiking = travel light = Mini2

Mini2 is simply great drone, good quality and camera.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there S18LOK. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. I will post a link where in you can compare the DJI Air 2S, to the DJI Mavic Air 2 and to the DJI Mini 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you for supporting DJI and keep flying.

2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

It depends where you want to fly, as with only a flyer ID and no A2CoC cert you will be limited on anything other than the mini.  The mini is light and great and ply anywhere in the UK except restricted zones.  But it does lack a lot of the features and camera qaulity is no where near as good as the 2s.  But again if its just for hobby bit of fun and hiking then the mini would be your choice.
2021-6-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The mini 2 is a great drone in many ways, it is small, light weight, under 250 grams, shoots 4K and does decent in moderate wind . (a bit more portable) For twice the price the step up would be the air 2s, but weight categories could cause flight restrictions in the future. It has 5.4K video, 20 MP camera, shoots better in low light, ADS-B, Master Shots, etc. (more Technology features) Look at samples of pictures and videos of both drones to see if the quality will meet your expectations, they can both get good shots. Any specific questions as I have both drones.
2021-6-25
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Mini 2/Air 2s, no Waypoint, no SDK, no CourseLock and more
2021-6-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The main advantage of the Mini 2 is that it can be charged anywhere with any powerbank with an USB C port while the Air2 and Air2S need AC current.

Air 2S has superior image quality, but it's a bit bulkier. It's easier to fly because it has sensors and perform well in the wind.

I have both and only fly the Air2S now, you can buy some powerbanks with AC inverters if you need to charge on the way.
2021-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you need up to the minute tech Air2S, is it worth the price yes very much so.

If you don’t need up to date tech but want a craft that flys well is very portable and shoots great video and stills, Mini 2 is a super buy and worth every penny.
2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 6-25 09:28
The main advantage of the Mini 2 is that it can be charged anywhere with any powerbank with an USB C port while the Air2 and Air2S need AC current.

Air 2S has superior image quality, but it's a bit bulkier. It's easier to fly because it has sensors and perform well in the wind.

There is a 12v car charger available for the A2S
2021-6-25
Use props
MichaelMuni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160249 ft
  • >>>
United States

First check the current rules where you live for where you can fly. The rules & regulations changed recently.
If in the USA and you plan of doing anything other than flying for fun like if you plan on sharing your video's,  you will need pass an exam to get a part 107 license from FAA. Test is around $100-$160.
2021-6-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-25 11:30
There is a 12v car charger available for the A2S

Yes there is. I have one. So, no AC power needed to charge the MA2/MA2s batteries.
2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 6-25 18:51
Yes there is. I have one. So, no AC power needed to charge the MA2/MA2s batteries.

I have one too and its great for charging whilst driving around and it supports the charging hub.  The only disappointing thing is it does not have the USB A output to charge the remote like the mains charger but again you can charge the remote from any USB charger so its not a big issue and it does make the car charge quite a bit smaller than the mains one.
2021-6-25
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

Since so many people have given advice on which drone is the best choice for you, I would simply talk about Care Refresh. Of course you need to buy one unless you could take everything under control, I mean, crash or flying away......  Care Refresh consists of two versions, one-year version and two-year version. Both versions can be bought for Air2s, but one-year version is applicable for most drones in the Mavic series. More detailed information can be sourced from DJI official store. In addition, be careful about the activated date.   
2021-6-28
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Everyone  for the advice and tips.

When and brought the MM2, main reason been it was under 249g and you could fly it more places. Will look at upgrading to the Air 2S in the future as I would love the 1"inch sensor and the extra safety Sensing System.
2021-6-28
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Care refresh is debatable if you don't have fly away coverage.
A lot of people complain about drones lost in sea and rivers....Care refresh does not cover it until you send the damaged drone...so...save your money as in 1 year with that money you buy another one SH.
As previous people told you, is important WHERE you use it...and for WHAT!
If you travel alone, MA2 or A2S is better as you have tracking mode. Mini 2 still don't have it and probably will take months for Litchi to have a good solution.
If there is a city and you are restricted, Mini 2 is a good choice.
If you want all, you go to Autel Evo 2 Pro and say goodbye to geofences, as DJI have bugs in app for lifting the geofence at demand and you risk wasting your time...
So...every drone have a proper owner and every owner choose a proper drone for him
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules