My Mini 2 goes crazy!
1421 15 2021-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

My Mini 2 goes crazy! It starts going around in circles without me moving or pressing anything on the control !. It's crazy, it has happened several times still calibrating IMU, COMPASS, REMOTE CONTROL and STABILIZER. Please I need some help, I am from Chile.
2021-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Did you change the 8 blades??  if blades are positioned on the wrong motor.....

see the pic
front left outer blade = leading edge front
front right outer blade = leading edge front
see the pic....

cheers
JJB
MINI2.JPG
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

Yes! I have changed the 8 propellers and also installed new bolts and the problem continues.
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

2021-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-25 06:53
Yes! I have changed the 8 propellers and also installed new bolts and the problem continues.

see the picture
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

From what I see, they are the same as yours.   
2021-6-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-25 08:52
[view_image]

How many satellites are connected? It happens when there is a bad or non-existent GPS fix. It's called "toilet bowl" because it swirls around like a toilet bowl flush. Probably time for a warranty claim.
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-25 09:25
How many satellites are connected? It happens when there is a bad or non-existent GPS fix. It's called "toilet bowl" because it swirls around like a toilet bowl flush. Probably time for a warranty claim.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/e3169bf67c3d5a816fb7577f6a2e4b74/SENSORSGPS

I leave the link so you can see the flight, I took off with 13 satellites and I ended up with 22 satellites.
2021-6-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-25 09:45

I leave the link so you can see the flight, I took off with 13 satellites and I ended up with 22 satellites.

WOW. It appears to be random. Time for warranty. Even though the GPS signal is strong, the M2 is not processing the info.
2021-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-25 08:52
[view_image]

Hi,

Yes, so blades are oke....

Had a look at your flightlog, it is amazing !

Heading really stable but your MINI2 made left circle moves, see the move line in my chart.
Chart with numbers, see the HDG and MOVE column.

GPS signals good indicating, so problem imo a compass error.
But never seen this before, "normal' for a compass error is flying much bigger circles or ovals....
Compass or Yaw error will sometimes result in a "toilet bowl" move, because correcting software inputs are directed to the wrong blades as the 'computer' thinks that drone is at a other heading than the actual heading.

So my advice, again a IMU calibration and a compass one.
Fly again, if persists go for DJI support to help you out (warranty) [ fly close to home, free area so you can land asap if uncontrollable ]

PS1 do you know wich heading your drone was facing at startup/manual takeoff ??
PS2 Always check the heading in the map view in the app before takeoff, compare with the actual heading! if not equal; don`t fly.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-6-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-25 09:45

Are you perhaps taking off from a concrete surface? Concrete contains iron reinforcing bar, and starting the aircraft on a concrete surface containing rebar can cause the toilet bowl effect you mentioned.
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Could you please try to calibrate the IMU and your Compass and try to fly to a different location to see if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI mini 2 CL
lvl.1

Chile

JJB* Posted at 6-25 10:45
Hi,

Yes, so blades are oke....

Dear drone operators, perform 2 flights as a test where the first flight, when connecting the control with the drone, does not ask to calibrate anything so I fly immediately without doing calibrations. The drone automatically starts rotating to its right without me doing anything on the controller. (I have the videos but I don't know how to upload them to this platform).

First flight: https://app.airdata.com/flight/4cdf5615ba761269dabb9e7779b5ad86

The second flight, I calibrated the control and compass and then I made the flight, like the first flight it began to rotate but this time it escaped uncontrollably and could cause an accident or simply collide with the trees.

Second flight: https://app.airdata.com/flight/780db67dfd6cdae1c7082b907287223d

@djipaladin
2021-6-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-26 12:39
Dear drone operators, perform 2 flights as a test where the first flight, when connecting the control with the drone, does not ask to calibrate anything so I fly immediately without doing calibrations. The drone automatically starts rotating to its right without me doing anything on the controller. (I have the videos but I don't know how to upload them to this platform).

You cannot upload videos to this site, you must put them on YouTube and then link to them. Did you take of from a concrete surface as I asked?
2021-6-26
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

I’ve made the mistake of sitting the drone on an area that had concrete hidden, was enough to cause compass and IMU warnings.

Hopefully you can narrow down the issue. Find an empty sports oval that has real turf (not the synthetic turf) and test there.
2021-6-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI mini 2 CL Posted at 6-26 12:39
Dear drone operators, perform 2 flights as a test where the first flight, when connecting the control with the drone, does not ask to calibrate anything so I fly immediately without doing calibrations. The drone automatically starts rotating to its right without me doing anything on the controller. (I have the videos but I don't know how to upload them to this platform).

Hi,

In both flight compass/yaw error.

lines should be equal to each other.

flight1 > steady line, as you did not gave yaw RC input (only once end flight), compass value is changing though....
flight2 > 180 degrees mismatch at start !  lucky that you could land your drone.

BUT
check always before takeoff the blue arrow (drone heading) in the map view, compare this with the actual heading on the ground. If not the same > DO NOT FLY

Polar chart : yellow line = move line drone whith NO RC Pitch and/or Roll input! (so drone should hover at postion)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3a.png
2021-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules