Rocksteady not working at all
3148 9 2021-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello i need some help.i bought the osmo action new in the shop.ive packed out the camera,did firmware update. First i tested out in all modes and dofnt see any negatove things in recording.finally today i went outside and recorded a session of 40 minutes in a shopping mall.qhen i came home i loaded the files in my pc and saw that rocksteady didnt work at all. Im sure ot was activated on 4k 60fps, 4000k iso 100 and 120 shutterspeed. When i looked at the footage it was not stable at all. Rocksteady didnt even worked.i tested out at 1080p 24fps same thing,5k 24fps same thing. Im so dissapointed because i dont know how to solve this.shop doesnt want to replacr a new osmo action and im stuck with everything.read more info on this forum and see only things like firmware will solve this issue but that was 2019.i have the latest firmware.what to do now dji.cant use the camera at all now.footage is real bad.can i please get some info what to do.

Thanks gr roberto
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that you had experienced. The Rocksteady doesn't support the following shooting modes. 4K (4:3): 30,25,24fps; 1080p: 240,200,120,100fps and 720p: 240,200fps. Also, may I please ask what specific firmware version are you at right now? In addition, could you please send us some samples for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-25
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 20:01
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that you had experienced. The Rocksteady doesn't support the following shooting modes. 4K (4:3): 30,25,24fps; 1080p: 240,200,120,100fps and 720p: 240,200fps. Also, may I please ask what specific firmware version are you at right now? In addition, could you please send us some samples for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

footage is shot on 4K 60fps, RS ON, dewarp On, 100 ISO, 120 shutterspeed.
firmware: 01.10.00.40(7251) updated on 24-06-2021.
recorded indoor shopping mall on 4000K white balance. Cant upload video sample, dont know why its doing so long on this site. i inserted a link where the video can be found.

https://files.fm/u/kkzszprzr

https://files.fm/u/ku9catwsu

Hope to hear something about this issue.

Thanks palladin
2021-6-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

dannygonsalez Posted at 6-26 01:56
footage is shot on 4K 60fps, RS ON, dewarp On, 100 ISO, 120 shutterspeed.
firmware: 01.10.00.40(7251) updated on 24-06-2021.
recorded indoor shopping mall on 4000K white balance. Cant upload video sample, dont know why its doing so long on this site. i inserted a link where the video can be found.

I checked both your footage and for me it seems like Rocksteady was working as normal.
Why do you think it was not working? If the Rocksteady text on top was blue, then it was on and should be working.

When you walk in a mall like that, you need a gimbal to make the footage really steady, because stabilization on a camera can't handle that much shake that you did there (up/down + sideways).

2021-6-26
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 6-26 07:17
I checked both your footage and for me it seems like Rocksteady was working as normal.
Why do you think it was not working? If the Rocksteady text on top was blue, then it was on and should be working.

No man im sure that RS wasnt working, come on.i dont know,because if i have to buy a gimbal than it has no meaning of rs. This part of the video is little stable others are more shaky.
2021-6-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dannygonsalez Posted at 6-26 07:32
No man im sure that RS wasnt working, come on.i dont know,because if i have to buy a gimbal than it has no meaning of rs. This part of the video is little stable others are more shaky.

But how stable do you think it should be?
Is only so much camera stabilization can do before it get movements.
Even with a gimbal you need to walk steady to get steady footage.

Try to turn off RS and see the difference
2021-6-26
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

I totally understand about the stabilizing part, check this video,this guy is running and still has m9re stable footage than i have walking in slow move.thats why i have my doubts anout the rs part.

https://youtu.be/pobNZHjQgKQ

2021-6-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dannygonsalez Posted at 6-26 08:35
I totally understand about the stabilizing part, check this video,this guy is running and still has m9re stable footage than i have walking in slow move.thats why i have my doubts anout the rs part.

https://youtu.be/pobNZHjQgKQ

He run smooth, and I'm not sure if he use a gimbal or just a good stick.

But also remember RS need higher fps to work best, so 120 shutter with 60 fps should make the footage smoother.

But like I said, you doesn't walk smooth there, your camera is bounching up and down + sideways.
2021-6-26
Use props
dannygonsalez
lvl.2
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 6-26 09:00
He run smooth, and I'm not sure if he use a gimbal or just a good stick.

But also remember RS need higher fps to work best, so 120 shutter with 60 fps should make the footage smoother.

It was shot on 60fps and 120 ss.but anyways,thanks,i will look further and send it back.in my opinion its not working as it should.
2021-6-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dannygonsalez Posted at 6-26 09:03
It was shot on 60fps and 120 ss.but anyways,thanks,i will look further and send it back.in my opinion its not working as it should.

Don't be stubborn!

Try recording with and without RS on and see the difference.

Also what this video about how to walk to get smooth footage

2021-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules