Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cant activate: Activation failed, Server error (-2)
9000 24 2021-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrazeUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504603 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.

I have a new DJI Smart controller. I can get through the wifi connection, and sign in, but it won't activate.

I keep getting the message:

Activation failed, Server error (-2).  Please try again.  If the problem persists, please contact DJI Support for help.

How do I activate the SC?
20210626_134240.jpg
2021-6-26
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have tried the following to resolve:
1. I have also updated the firmware FROM 1.1.40-1 TO 1.1.58-1
2. Restarted the Device.
3. Changed the country to another country and time zone (UAE).
4. Left the country as the United Kingdom and changed the time zone to an incorrect zone.
5. Set the Country as UK and Time zone as London.
2021-6-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

CrazeUK Posted at 6-26 14:18
I have tried the following to resolve:
1. I have also updated the firmware FROM 1.1.40-1 TO 1.1.58-1
2. Restarted the Device.

If I remember correctly, the message means the DJI activation server is down. Wait a day or so and try again. This happens from time to time.
2021-6-26
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 6-26 14:34
If I remember correctly, the message means the DJI activation server is down. Wait a day or so and try again. This happens from time to time.

Cool thanks. I'll wait and try again..i guess its frustrating when you spend £550 and it doesnt work outside of the box.
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you were able to enter the main menu of the DJI Smart controller? If yes, you can simply connect it to your drone and it is good to go, you can use the combination button to connect it to your drone and launch the DJI Fly app then check if the issue persists. I will be posting a tutorial below but in the tutorial, it will explain for the DJI Go 4 app but it is more likely the same setup for the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2021-6-26
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 21:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you were able to enter the main menu of the DJI Smart controller? If yes, you can simply connect it to your drone and it is good to go, you can use the combination button to connect it to your drone and launch the DJI Fly app then check if the issue persists. I will be posting a tutorial below but in the tutorial, it will explain for the DJI Go 4 app but it is more likely the same setup for the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately couldn't get to the main menu as it was stuck on the activation screen.

The process i followed was:
Set language
Agree to terms
Set location
Set time zone, date and time
Connect to wifi
Login
Activation < stops here.
2021-6-27
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

Have you inserted the SD card before you activate the device?
If you inserted the SD card, please take out the card and try to activate again.
If not , then you can attempt to activate the smart controller after updating its firmware to the newest one through Assistant 2.
I hope this can help you figure out the issues. However, I think it would be more reliable for you to wait for MOD's support.
2021-6-27
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Astrid55 Posted at 6-27 18:58
Have you inserted the SD card before you activate the device?
If you inserted the SD card, please take out the card and try to activate again.
If not , then you can attempt to activate the smart controller after updating its firmware to the newest one through Assistant 2.

Hi. Thanks for your response.
I haven't tried to use an sd card as yet.
I tried both with old and new firmware
2021-6-27
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

CrazeUK Posted at 6-27 19:08
Hi. Thanks for your response.
I haven't tried to use an sd card as yet.
I tried both with old and new firmware

Then maybe you just need to wait for a time to reactivate the smart controller. If this still can not resolve the problem, go and ask them for help. Good luck,bro.
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

CrazeUK Posted at 6-27 03:34
Unfortunately couldn't get to the main menu as it was stuck on the activation screen.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly please try to use a different network or internet connection and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-27
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-27 22:57
Thank you for keeping us posted. Kindly please try to use a different network or internet connection and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi.
So far I have tried it with 4 separate wifi's, as well as tethering on my phone, and totally unsecured connections.

Is there a way to do a full hardware reset?
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

CrazeUK Posted at 6-28 01:24
Hi.
So far I have tried it with 4 separate wifi's, as well as tethering on my phone, and totally unsecured connections.

We're sorry for the trouble, CrazeUk. Unfortunately, we don't have an option to perform a full hardware reset. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-28
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Quick update
I contacted DJI support. Sent the controller in.

Looks like they will be doing a repair under warranty.

Great service so far
2021-7-3
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

CrazeUK Posted at 7-3 15:03
Quick update

Did DJI say what the fault was and what repair they are doing?
2021-7-3
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

They didn't actually say. The controller did come back repaired although it has blacking out issues.
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

CrazeUK Posted at 7-3 15:03
Quick update

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already received your remote controller from our repair facility. Can you please confirm if you have an issue with it? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-15
Use props
HughK
lvl.1
Australia

Hi There,
I have a problem with activation, it is complaining about network connection error (-1) but there is no issue with the network, tried other network or even different phone (Iphone) but no success.
Here is my drone AIR 2S serial number.

Thanks
2022-3-19
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

apologies.  Missed this.
The issue is now resolved
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_pDxYxdMJWf8H
New

United States

Please can someone help me please, am stuck on activation for over a month. Error code (-2). Please help. I guess that's the SERIAL NUMBER ON the picture attached.
2023-5-11
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_pDxYxdMJWf8H Posted at 5-11 20:53
Please can someone help me please, am stuck on activation for over a month. Error code (-2). Please help. I guess that's the SERIAL NUMBER ON the picture attached.

I suggest to chat with the DJI Customer support. I did it for the OM6 with that problem and they solved in few minutes. You just need the picture of the serial # and a proof of purchase.
2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_2lPHRaudMzMI
New
Flight distance : 24367 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I’m having the same issue  any help appreciated I’ve tried updating firmware I’ve tried leaving a few days I’ve tried different Wi-Fi nothing works any help appreciated

Mini 4 pro rc2
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2lPHRaudMzMI Posted at 2023-12-31 06:25
Hi I’m having the same issue  any help appreciated I’ve tried updating firmware I’ve tried leaving a few days I’ve tried different Wi-Fi nothing works any help appreciated

Mini 4 pro rc2

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please DM me the serial number of the controller for further checking? Thank you very much.
1-1 00:46
Use props
djiuser_UvqHbb9MFlD0
New

Australia

Hi,
I am unable to connect my drone to the controller. This is the error I get.
Activation failed (server error, please try again)
2-10 21:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_UvqHbb9MFlD0 Posted at 2-10 21:20
Hi,
I am unable to connect my drone to the controller. This is the error I get.
Activation failed (server error, please try again)

Hi, there. Please be advised that we've responded to your other post via this link. You may keep us posted on the latest progress.
2-13 01:29
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

It sounds like you are having problems connecting to the servers.  Try connecting to a hot spot like your phone to see if that works.
2-13 05:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules