605 10 2021-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently found a true off-the-beaten-path hike, and decided to share the location since without boots on the trail it soon may not exist at all! The trail in question is known as "Mt. Mitchell via Sugarloaf", and is located in a unprotected wilderness area South of Mt. St. Helens. The trail passes through one of the largest intact areas of unprotected roadless areas untouched by logging in the Cascade Mountains. There are big meadows, intriguing ancient forest full of gigantic standing dead snags dating from the Yacolt burn, and a fantastic panoramic view at the top of Mt. Mitchell. Sadly however, there may not be much time left to hike here.

The trail lies on Washington State Trust Land, and the WA DNR now plans to build roads, a quarry, and clearcut 147 acres as part of the "Serenity Now" timber sale at the heart of this unprotected wilderness area. In the process they will obliterate much of the trail as well. The board of natural resources will decide the fate of this beautiful place on July 6th. Comments need to be sent by June 30th to be considered. You can also attend and speak at the meeting via Zoom.

For more information on what you can do to help: https://www.c4rf.org/serenity-now
If you'd like to visit, check out this guide at OregonHikers.org: : [size=14.6667px]https://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide/Mount_Mitchell_via_Sugarloaf_Trail_Hike

The trailhead is unsigned, and you have to navigate some backroads, but they were in good shape when I visited a few weeks ago. Directions are available on the Oregon Hikers page.

I filmed the aerial footage for this video using the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, the DJI Mavic Air 2S, and the DJI FPV drone. The ground footage was filmed with my Nikon Z6.

I should also note that this is a great area for for drone flying - there aren't any special regulations, air traffic is basically nonexistant, and there's lots of interesting locations to fly. If you don't mind driving on gravel roads, I highly recommend it.

DSC_5345.jpg        DSC_5288.jpg           DSC_5162.jpg        DJI_0403.jpg
DSC_5341.jpg     DSC_5169.jpg DSC_5131.jpg       DSC_5180.jpg
DSC_5137.jpg
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We really appreciate you for sharing this wonderful footage and awesome shots that you had taken with your unit. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!  
2021-6-26
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautifully done. Great pictures as well. Send the mail using a me.com account (don't know if they care about mails from Germany ;-) - or care at all)
2021-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage and Great Shots,   forest photography like this is not easy.   
2021-6-27
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This looks like heaven, I am certain. Beautiful subject extremely well presented.
Loggers should fall!
2021-6-27
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very beautiful and touching video.
2021-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectacular footage and shots!    

Hopefully this forest will get saved.  Nature continues to take a beating.  
2021-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely work!
2021-6-28
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

Excellent images, thank you for sharing.
2021-6-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Inspiring!
2021-6-28
Use props
NikoKasalo
New

Ukraine

Education

This writing service annotated bibliography for website doesn’t just employ any old pool of writers, they carefully select the writers who work for them. Doing so, they can deliver essays in almost any subject, written by an expert in that discipline. When you’re looking for an essay that will really wow your professors, this service is the best one to use. The best part is that if you get on well with a writer, you can ask to work with them again. Just select them from the database and you’ll be able to see their rating and how many orders they’ve completed.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules