DJI FPV for Fixed wing question (ground option no goggles)
864 2 2021-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adp88
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, new to DJI and FPV in general but not RC flying.

I would like to skip the analog FPV and go to HD. I've reviewed OpenHD and that is one option as is Fatshark i guess but I rather have a more robust and proven system by using DJI. However I have a few questions and issues.

I see Caddx sells HD air units which has the camera, controller board and antenna. Great this is just what I'm looking for however I'm not sure if it can record HD video which is what I want as well to eliminate running a GoPro and the added weight.

Two, and the most important part is I have no desire to fly with goggles, so I wanted to know if there is a way I can buy third part 5.8Ghz receivers on the ground to display the video to a monitor or OTG receiver to feed that into a phone/tablet?

From everything I have read I don't believe it is possible to use the DJI air unit with an independant ground receiver and I'm stuck having to use DJI goggles which has HDMI output but thats just more equipment again to carry which I'm trying to avoid.

If not DJI, is there anything else in terms of air form factor you recommend for fixed wing HD system?

Thanks

2021-6-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

I read somewhere you have to tie the smart controller (like 600 dollars extra) to the goggles and can output in HDMI from there.  I have no idea where to find the specifics buy might give you some fuel for searching.  I know it can be done just cant find the post.
2021-7-25
Use props
adp88
lvl.1

United States

I got the goggles already. I know it has output to phone or PC via USB so it will have to do
2021-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules