Why does the mini 2 not show up in DJI Fly App
6461 16 2021-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NVDroner75
lvl.1

United States

I have updated the smart controller to the latest firmware via the smart controller.  But when I open the app all I see is the air 2s and mavic air 2.  Is this because my mini 2 does not have the correct update? Where if I open DJI Fly on my phone there is all the drones. Thanks for any help.
2021-6-26
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swipe to the left to see more.
2021-6-26
Use props
NVDroner75
lvl.1

United States

ken1403 Posted at 6-26 18:09
Swipe to the left to see more.

Thanks but the only ones there are the air 2s and mavic 2 air.  no other drones are there. I am on version 1.4.4 of dji fly app.
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you at on your Mini 2? Also, please try to update the firmware of the DJI Smart controller using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and re-link then and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2 software:  https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2021-6-26
Use props
NVDroner75
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 20:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you at on your Mini 2? Also, please try to update the firmware of the DJI Smart controller using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and re-link then and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2 software:  https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Not sure I was hoping it had the current firmware as I was trying to just buy the drone, batteries and charger for the batteries. And use my smart controller for my mini 2 and my mavic pro 2.  So I pieced the mini 2 for cheaper than the fly more combo as I did not buy a remote.  I have updated the firmware on the smart controller via DJI Assistant 2 for mavic. I can try to refresh the download of the smart controller. I have version: v01.01.0058 for smart controller.  Like I said my app on my phone 11pro has mavic 2 air, air 2s, DJI FPV, mini 2 and mini 1, but smart controller only has air 2s and mavic 2 air. DJI FLY app is version 1.4.4 on both my phone and smart controller.
2021-6-26
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

NVDroner75 Posted at 6-26 20:45
Not sure I was hoping it had the current firmware as I was trying to just buy the drone, batteries and charger for the batteries. And use my smart controller for my mini 2 and my mavic pro 2.  So I pieced the mini 2 for cheaper than the fly more combo as I did not buy a remote.  I have updated the firmware on the smart controller via DJI Assistant 2 for mavic. I can try to refresh the download of the smart controller. I have version: v01.01.0058 for smart controller.  Like I said my app on my phone 11pro has mavic 2 air, air 2s, DJI FPV, mini 2 and mini 1, but smart controller only has air 2s and mavic 2 air. DJI FLY app is version 1.4.4 on both my phone and smart controller.

Did you add your Mini 2 to the  "aircraft management" in the settings of the SC and link it there. If not, it will not show up in the Fly app.
2021-6-26
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do as JohnDG posted above: use Aircraft Management in the Smart Controller settings to add your Mini 2 before you even open the DJI Fly app.

Don't forget to update the firmware in your Mini 2 first using your current controller device (mobile phone + standard controller) or the Mini 2 will not connect when you try to link it for the first time (it will timeout on the Smart Controller when linking).

If you get stuck or confused let us know and I will post some detailed steps with screenshots of the Smart Controller.

2021-6-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Matite Posted at 6-27 03:13
Do as JohnDG posted above: use Aircraft Management in the Smart Controller settings to add your Mini 2 before you even open the DJI Fly app.

Don't forget to update the firmware in your Mini 2 first using your current controller device (mobile phone + standard controller) or the Mini 2 will not connect when you try to link it for the first time (it will timeout on the Smart Controller when linking).

I think he said he doesn't have a current controller for the Mni 2 as he bought it without one.
2021-6-27
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 6-27 04:23
I think he said he doesn't have a current controller for the Mni 2 as he bought it without one.

I did not know you could even buy it without the standard controller. Maybe he got it second hand.

Anyway, if he does not have a standard controller he might have to use the DJI Assistant software to upgrade the Mini 2 firmware so it is compatible with the Smart Controller then proceed with the linking.

From what he said it seems he is trying to switch to the Mini 2 in the DJI Fly app when he needs to first add it in Settings -> Aircraft Management area. I never had any luck adding the aircrafts in the DJI Fly app itself when using the Smart Controller.

2021-6-27
Use props
NVDroner75
lvl.1

United States

Ok guys thanks for all your help.  You can’t update firmware with dji assistant only export flight logs or something like that.  That was my first hope to update firmware on the mini 2.  I ended up purchasing a remote and go that route now. Oh yeah eBay is great for finding just the aircraft only.
2021-6-27
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NVDroner75 Posted at 6-27 05:42
Ok guys thanks for all your help.  You can’t update firmware with dji assistant only export flight logs or something like that.  That was my first hope to update firmware on the mini 2.  I ended up purchasing a remote and go that route now. Oh yeah eBay is great for finding just the aircraft only.

It seems you are correct as my Mini 2 is not recognised too. I downloaded and installed "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" from the Mini 2 download page then connected my Mini 2 and it will not show up in their software (it does show up as a drive for the SD memory card).

Downloaded "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" for the Mini 2 from here as advised by DJI:
https://www.dji.com/au/mini-2/downloads

Seems like this is an issue for a while now and DJI are blissfully unaware (see their reply in this thread then they ignore everyone saying it does not work):
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233253

Anyway, let us know if you need any further help. Good luck!
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NVDroner75 Posted at 6-26 20:45
Not sure I was hoping it had the current firmware as I was trying to just buy the drone, batteries and charger for the batteries. And use my smart controller for my mini 2 and my mavic pro 2.  So I pieced the mini 2 for cheaper than the fly more combo as I did not buy a remote.  I have updated the firmware on the smart controller via DJI Assistant 2 for mavic. I can try to refresh the download of the smart controller. I have version: v01.01.0058 for smart controller.  Like I said my app on my phone 11pro has mavic 2 air, air 2s, DJI FPV, mini 2 and mini 1, but smart controller only has air 2s and mavic 2 air. DJI FLY app is version 1.4.4 on both my phone and smart controller.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. It seems that you have the latest firmware of the DJI Smart Controller and yes, you are correct, we cannot update the firmware of the DJI Mavic Mini 2 via DJI Assistant 2. Please make sure to add the Mini to your SC's Aircraft Management, just swipe down to bring up the settings then select "switch aircraft", and there you can add the Mini 2 as it is now supported. Please make sure to update the Mini 2 firmware update via the DJI Fly app once you already purchase a standard remote controller. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

NVDroner75 Posted at 6-27 05:42
Ok guys thanks for all your help.  You can’t update firmware with dji assistant only export flight logs or something like that.  That was my first hope to update firmware on the mini 2.  I ended up purchasing a remote and go that route now. Oh yeah eBay is great for finding just the aircraft only.

Hi NVDroner75,

watch this video. Maybe it can help you.
Ps: tried it myself, but haven't updated firmware using it. But the option shows up.

2021-6-28
Use props
NVDroner75
lvl.1

United States

JohnDG Posted at 6-28 20:36
Hi NVDroner75,

watch this video. Maybe it can help you.

JohnDG thank you sir that was the ticket.  Got to test flight my mavic mini 2 tonight on my smart controller. Again thank you for the help.
2021-6-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

NVDroner75 Posted at 6-29 19:14
JohnDG thank you sir that was the ticket.  Got to test flight my mavic mini 2 tonight on my smart controller. Again thank you for the help.

no problem. I am glad you can get your bird into the sky.
That's the purpose of the forum ... help each other.
2021-6-30
Use props
Ironian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255121 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my mavic air 2 and mavic 3 from Amazon uk, and they do not show up in my device manager, does anyone know why this is and is there a cure.

2022-9-2
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

NVDroner75 Posted at 2021-6-29 19:14
JohnDG thank you sir that was the ticket.  Got to test flight my mavic mini 2 tonight on my smart controller. Again thank you for the help.

In my humble opinion, that is what makes this Forum worthwhile, the assistance some members are willing to give to help others - GLAD you are now flying.
2022-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules