"Shaky" Videos with OM4
3184 11 2021-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dersupergrobi
lvl.1
Germany

Hello Community,

I have the OM4 with an iphone 12pro max (and also an 11pro). When I record a video and walk towards the object (dogs) the video is shaky, you can see exactly when I take a step .... the videos are not as smooth as in the previews .... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Grobi

2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what gimbal modes are you using when you experience the issue? You may want to change your gimbal mode to either Follow, Tilt locked, or FPV and check the best option for you. In addition, if you could provide us a short video sample showing the issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-27
Use props
dersupergrobi
lvl.1
Germany

thanks a lot....i checked thios moring (here 8.40am currently) and it seems that its smooth with active tracking disabled, but not when activated in all 3 modes. I will check later this afternoon after work. Video as alink? Upload only possible are pictures
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_JEo06vLol0bZ
lvl.1

Italy

I have the same problem, with i phone 11 pro max
2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_JEo06vLol0bZ
lvl.1

Italy

Is different if phone is in horizzontal or vertical position?
2021-6-28
Use props
dersupergrobi
lvl.1
Germany

here not different

with active tracking all ist fine - except of missing tracking.
if using „follow“ mode its shaky, with FPV the gimbal is horrible shaky….
best would be to send it back
2021-6-28
Use props
dersupergrobi
lvl.1
Germany

no more answers needed from DJI for me - i‘ll send this mistake back. tried it several times with 3 different devices now…. stabilization and active tracking are useless
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dersupergrobi Posted at 7-2 10:50
no more answers needed from DJI for me - i‘ll send this mistake back. tried it several times with 3 different devices now…. stabilization and active tracking are useless

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the issue? Please click the "Reply" button for us to notice when you responded to the thread. Thank you!
2021-8-22
Use props
dersupergrobi
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-22 02:58
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the issue? Please click the "Reply" button for us to notice when you responded to the thread. Thank you!

as mentioned 6 weeks ago:
i sent it back...it did not work with iphone 12pro max, iphone 11pro and iphone 11.
I really wanted to use this....but it was impossible. I did not buy another one so far...so you think it should work now with another Firmware or dou you have a new model?
2021-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dersupergrobi Posted at 8-22 12:23
as mentioned 6 weeks ago:
i sent it back...it did not work with iphone 12pro max, iphone 11pro and iphone 11.
I really wanted to use this....but it was impossible. I did not buy another one so far...so you think it should work now with another Firmware or dou you have a new model?

We're sorry for the issue that you had experience. Kindly please try to perform the gimbal calibration with the DJI Mimo app and check if there would be some changes. If still, the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_dohRBsW95EHu
New

Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-23 21:54
We're sorry for the issue that you had experience. Kindly please try to perform the gimbal calibration with the DJI Mimo app and check if there would be some changes. If still, the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I have same issues with the Om4 and tried to use it with iPhone 12 pro max with and without case, with and without spacer, tried all steps in the list and balance it every single time i use it. But the video is unusable! I am not talking about walking with it during filming, i am talking about just panning fro left to right, the gimbal jitters and jumps. I just have to warpstabilse it in post! I have sent this complaint to Dji with sample of the footage and after more than 5 days I didn’t get a reply. Now i have decided to throw the think away and keep the clamp as a fridge magnet
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_dohRBsW95EHu Posted at 9-24 20:53
I have same issues with the Om4 and tried to use it with iPhone 12 pro max with and without case, with and without spacer, tried all steps in the list and balance it every single time i use it. But the video is unusable! I am not talking about walking with it during filming, i am talking about just panning fro left to right, the gimbal jitters and jumps. I just have to warpstabilse it in post! I have sent this complaint to Dji with sample of the footage and after more than 5 days I didn’t get a reply. Now i have decided to throw the think away and keep the clamp as a fridge magnet

Hello there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send me the ticket number via PM so we can try to follow up on this with the related team? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules