12Next >
1335 48 2021-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Heres a few videos shot last week up in the Yorkshire dales national park here in the uk!

Ribblehead viaduct carries the settle to carlisle railway and is in full use today.

2nd video removed due to a glitch during editing/uploading

2021-6-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Enjoyed your videos, the viaduct is not far from me, is there any issues flying there?
2021-6-27
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-27 14:37
Enjoyed your videos, the viaduct is not far from me, is there any issues flying there?

No issues at all mate apart from being eaten alive buy  flies ! I filmed just off the main path just past the viaduct  where you can have a good vantage point of the whole area.! I was sat there 2 hours and nobody said a word even though mountain rescue were out and lots of people heading up whernside. It was a 4.30 am start for me to get up there for 7am after filming I called in at AYSGARTH falls to take so new photos of the falls
2021-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful views on both videos.  
2021-6-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-27 14:52
No issues at all mate apart from being eaten alive buy  flies ! I filmed just off the main path just past the viaduct  where you can have a good vantage point of the whole area.! I was sat there 2 hours and nobody said a word even though mountain rescue were out and lots of people heading up whernside. It was a 4.30 am start for me to get up there for 7am after filming I called in at AYSGARTH falls to take so new photos of the falls

Thanks for the information, I'll have a run up there, about an hour from me,
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mockingbirdmedia. Good day and thank you for posting these amazing videos you have filmed. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done.   
2021-6-27
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-27 17:30
Thanks for the information, I'll have a run up there, about an hour from me,

I have placed a small pic as to where i stood to film hope this helps and have a great day filming if you get up there

filming location

filming location

2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 23:27
Very nicely done.

Cheers mate much appreciated ! need to get up into the dales more often but always seem to struggle as its a 3 hour drive for me! in fact im only 15 minutes from the peak district where i normally film pictures below only at low resolution but you get the idea!

2021-6-28
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 00:48
I have placed a small pic as to where i stood to film hope this helps and have a great day filming if you get up there

That's great, cheers, it has been on the cards to have a walk up there with friend who is into walking but never got there, now we'll take him. Thanks again.
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 01:14
Cheers mate much appreciated ! need to get up into the dales more often but always seem to struggle as its a 3 hour drive for me! in fact im only 15 minutes from the peak district where i normally film
[view_image]

I saw there was one viaduct where they were trying to charge people to fly their drone at it.
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This was the one -

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ne ... ered-being-14155370
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-28 01:17
That's great, cheers, it has been on the cards to have a walk up there with friend who is into walking but never got there, now we'll take him. Thanks again.

No problem mate
ive placed 10 of the 200 photos i took on my website if you want to have a look

feel free

Ribblehead Viaduct
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Whilst there are by-laws that cover many national trust properties as long as you dont take off from their land theres not much they can do as the airspace is governed by the CAA not the scottish national trust!They dont realise that drone operators are doing the landmark and its owners a service by promoting the structure to a wider audience but like usual there are always people who want to take drone operators for a ride!
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Strange that second video seems to have developed a problem? might have to re-edit that ? anyone else having issues 8 seconds from the start?
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 01:26
Whilst there are by-laws that cover many national trust properties as long as you dont take off from their land theres not much they can do as the airspace is governed by the CAA not the scottish national trust!They dont realise that drone operators are doing the landmark and its owners a service by promoting the structure to a wider audience but like usual there are always people who want to take drone operators for a ride!

I know,   a big old con job.
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 01:33
I know,   a big old con job.

Your right when you say con! i just get up early and take off !
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 16:32
Beautiful views on both videos.

Cheers mate much appreciated ! Next time up there I’m going to climb whernside and take the mini to document the climb
2021-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 02:50
Cheers mate much appreciated ! Next time up there I’m going to climb whernside and take the mini to document the climb

You're very welcome.  

Looking forward to your next adventure on whernside.
2021-6-28
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 01:22
No problem mate
ive placed 10 of the 200 photos i took on my website if you want to have a look

Just had quick look, Great picture's,.
Enjoyed the cow and calf pictures, my home town, I've been going up there regularly this year as my mate lives just behind the hotel and is having a stable block converted into 2 small cottages, so I've been taking progress pictures,
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-28 03:27
Just had quick look, Great picture's,.
Enjoyed the cow and calf pictures, my home town, I've been going up there regularly this year as my mate lives just behind the hotel and is having a stable block converted into 2 small cottages, so I've been taking progress pictures,
Been a while since I’ve been up there mate used to go up every Sunday on the way back from Bolton abbey and call into the cafe at the side of the car park at the cow and calf! Would like some aerial video but not sure how close it is to the yeadon airport CTR controlled airspace!
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 03:18
You're very welcome.  

Looking forward to your next adventure on whernside.

Thats going to be on the menu next time i go up there mate ! walk the pathway to the summit and take the mini and take some shots!

new video of the viaduct from a different angle.

2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
Too bad not train passed.
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 01:14
Cheers mate much appreciated ! need to get up into the dales more often but always seem to struggle as its a 3 hour drive for me! in fact im only 15 minutes from the peak district where i normally film pictures below only at low resolution but you get the idea!
[view_image]

Nice captures!
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 04:16
Thats going to be on the menu next time i go up there mate ! walk the pathway to the summit and take the mini and take some shots!

Looks good too.
Great subject for filming!
2021-6-28
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 04:10
Been a while since I’ve been up there mate used to go up every Sunday on the way back from Bolton abbey and call into the cafe at the side of the car park at the cow and calf! Would like some aerial video but not sure how close it is to the yeadon airport CTR controlled airspace!

It's a class D fly with caution,
But there's always loads of folk about, needs to be an early start or week days or winter.
I've flown there just the once with no problems, in fact just interested comments from people.
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-28 06:15
It's a class D fly with caution,
But there's always loads of folk about, needs to be an early start or week days or winter.
I've flown there just the once with no problems, in fact just interested comments from people.

It’s great when people show an interest instead of thinking we as drone operators are the devil incarnate lol
2021-6-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 04:16
Thats going to be on the menu next time i go up there mate ! walk the pathway to the summit and take the mini and take some shots!

Looks majestic. Yes a train would be just the right thing. Does train still go there?
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 07:37
Looks majestic. Yes a train would be just the right thing. Does train still go there?

Yes I got a small bit of footage with a train passing but not a steam train just an ordinary train ! The viaduct is part of the settle to Carlisle line here in the uk stations in the area being ribblehead which you can see in the last video and then a station called dent which I believe is the highest mainline station in the uk according to altitude. It’s a beautiful place to be even if you sit by the side of the road you get a beautiful view wherever you look !

Trying to get my YouTube followers to 100 guys if anyone is intrested
2021-6-28
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 07:46
Yes I got a small bit of footage with a train passing but not a steam train just an ordinary train ! The viaduct is part of the settle to Carlisle line here in the uk stations in the area being ribblehead which you can see in the last video and then a station called dent which I believe is the highest mainline station in the uk according to altitude. It’s a beautiful place to be even if you sit by the side of the road you get a beautiful view wherever you look !

You have 88 followers now mate.
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 07:37

only a short vid as i wasnt planning on filming any trains but hope this shows its still handles trains on the settle carlisle line

2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 6-28 10:27
You have 88 followers now mate.

Thank you very much sir your so kind
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-28 05:30
Very nice video!
Too bad not train passed.
click the link for the small video sir
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =245333&pid=2511270
2021-6-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 10:28
only a short vid as i wasnt planning on filming any trains but hope this shows its still handles trains on the settle carlisle line

That's it. Nice to that you got the train.
2021-6-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 07:46

Just subscribed to your YouTube channel. Hope you get your 100 guys soon. Good luck.
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 11:19
Just subscribed to your YouTube channel. Hope you get your 100 guys soon. Good luck.

So kind thank you for joining the channel
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 10:44
click the link for the small video sir
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =245333&pid=2511270

There it is.
Nice!
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 10:28
only a short vid as i wasnt planning on filming any trains but hope this shows its still handles trains on the settle carlisle line

Very nice to see
Not sure if they run by a timetable, but otherwise it would not be too hard te predict when they pass.
2021-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-28 13:28
Very nice to see
Not sure if they run by a timetable, but otherwise it would not be too hard te predict when they pass.

yes there is a time table so you could be ready and set up to go ! its a lovely place to film with the stunning landscape! have one more video to create and that will be it for the ribblehead viaduct for now but going to head up there in a few weeks to do the whernside walk
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-28 14:09
yes there is a time table so you could be ready and set up to go ! its a lovely place to film with the stunning landscape! have one more video to create and that will be it for the ribblehead viaduct for now but going to head up there in a few weeks to do the whernside walk

Nice!
And very cool.
Have fun.
2021-6-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules