DJI FPV Air Unit not sending signal through antenna
1031 2 2021-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
banesbane2991
lvl.1

United States

I am having an issue with range and I believe it is that the air unit is not sending any signal through the antenna. I crashed and was able to keep flying no problem, about 2 minutes later, I was roughly ~25M away from myself and lost all video signal suddenly. The unit powers on normally, I can update the firmware and I have clear picture in the goggles up to ~2M away from the air unit. After that it begins to degrade extremely quickly and loses connection at about 6M.
Let me walk you through what I've done:

Replaced MMCX connectors interally
Replaced antennas
Checked cables running to FC with continuity checker

Most notably: Unplugged antennas while the unit was on with no change in transmission range. This leads me to believe that the signal isn't making it to the antennas at all.

I have ordered a replacement unit, but I am curious if anybody is aware of a way to repair the one I have? Could it be the Ribbon cable? The upper board that holds the MMCX connectors?

2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there banesbane2991. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and you are now experiencing this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance . We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-6-27
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

At least with ANALOG setups, you are never supposed to power up the system without antennas on, it can burn up your VTX.   Not sure if DJI is the same.
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules