United States

screenshot_385.png

Captured flying in the Rain :
2021-6-28
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

What is the best way to post pictures here , this upload is not to nice.
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great pano    
2021-6-28
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Test upload.
2021-6-28
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Love the pano
2021-6-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Great shot and a nice sky.
2021-6-28
Use props
Sagepilotman
lvl.1

United States

Are you flying with a Rain jacket ?  I have one on my phantom.
2021-6-28
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Sagepilotman Posted at 6-28 13:27
Are you flying with a Rain jacket ?  I have one on my phantom.

Yes i have the Wet Suit but the Panos some times get the drops on the lens and ruins the Pictures but I start again and BOOM , i captured some incredible Storm pics in the rain, thank fully the lens does clear quickly .   
screenshot_389.png

Most of the time the Rain does not show on the Picture or the lens , but the Panos are a tricky but when they come out they are spectacular.
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rainphantom. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful photo you have captured. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-6-28
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Nice picture!
2021-6-28
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

Spectacular! But next time maybe you should choose a relatively safer environment to fly the drone.
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice pano
2021-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rainphantom Posted at 6-28 13:32
Yes i have the Wet Suit but the Panos some times get the drops on the lens and ruins the Pictures but I start again and BOOM , i captured some incredible Storm pics in the rain, thank fully the lens does clear quickly .   
[view_image]

Wow, amazing too!
2021-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing capture.  
2021-6-30
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the colors and sky! Was this after the rain?  Must've been light rain drops because I wouldn't have  flown in actual rain. ;)

thanks for sharing!
2021-6-30
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

RobZilla Posted at 6-30 06:14
Love the colors and sky! Was this after the rain?  Must've been light rain drops because I wouldn't have  flown in actual rain. ;)

thanks for sharing!

This was in the pouring rain , im getting much more confident with the Wet Suit .
This is what was going on above me .   The rain would come down in sheets ,  sometimes the lens get drops but than you drop the lense or turn the drone into the wind and it clears it.
So that purple sky happens because of the light scattering molecules of oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere makes the sky blue. But the magical purple colour from Storms can form when the air is super-saturated with moisture and the storm clouds (and often the sun as well) hang low in the sky.

I also notice that when you fly into the Rain you dont see it as much on the lens as you do on the way back , so it very much one directional based on the angle or the rain.   But if the Rain is coming straight down , you have a greater chance of seeing no matter which direction you fly.

screenshot_397.png

2021-6-30
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rainphantom Posted at 6-30 06:42
This was in the pouring rain , im getting much more confident with the Wet Suit .
This is what was going on above me .   The rain would come down in sheets ,  sometimes the lens get drops but than you drop the lense or turn the drone into the wind and it clears it.
So that purple sky happens because of the light scattering molecules of oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere makes the sky blue. But the magical purple colour from Storms can form when the air is super-saturated with moisture and the storm clouds (and often the sun as well) hang low in the sky.

Tell us more about the wet suit photos?
2021-6-30
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-30 10:29

Why needed?
Propellers act like a veritable umbrella and water cannot enter in rotors, in small rain will not have problems...
Only thing you need to do is to put something on top of battery as is not 100% rain proof...I do this with some scotch tape that i remove easy after flight.
In rest, the wind generated by propellers is enough to send all moisture down.
2021-7-1
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 6-30 10:29

The Wet Suit provides and air tight seal on the battery and the power button as well as it protects the vents from the rain.   If you get caught in the storm you dont have to panic as much.

2021-7-1
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rainphantom Posted at 7-1 08:19
The Wet Suit provides and air tight seal on the battery and the power button as well as it protects the vents from the rain.   If you get caught in the storm you dont have to panic as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsbyoYsAGMA

Thanks thats awesome
2021-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules