Help connecting controller to Mac for simulator
7618 8 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans470e1962
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

I've got Liftoff and I'm having trouble getting my controller to connect with my computer. I've got it connected with a USB-C to USB-C cable but the game doesn't see the controller.

Thank you in advance!
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. If you are trying to access the DJI Flight simulator, unfortunately, the DJI FPV remote controller is not compatible with the said software, It only works for selected RC's, please refer to the image below. You may want to check the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator and it only works for iOS devices. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

2021-6-28
Use props
fans470e1962
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 20:11
Hi, thank you for reaching out. If you are trying to access the DJI Flight simulator, unfortunately, the DJI FPV remote controller is not compatible with the said software, It only works for selected RC's, please refer to the image below. You may want to check the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator and it only works for iOS devices. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

Thank you!
2021-6-29
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my Mac, I had to use a USB hub. Plugging directly into my computer would not recognize the remote control.
2021-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Cheers!
2021-7-1
Use props
emil.northlane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178825 ft
Sweden

KerryG Posted at 6-29 05:55
On my Mac, I had to use a USB hub. Plugging directly into my computer would not recognize the remote control.

Yes, you have to use a USB-C to USB-A cable, or go to a USB hub. For some reason Macs don't recognize the controller when only using usb-c. And I have tried 5-6 different cables.
2021-7-3
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

emil.northlane Posted at 7-3 01:32
Yes, you have to use a USB-C to USB-A cable, or go to a USB hub. For some reason Macs don't recognize the controller when only using usb-c. And I have tried 5-6 different cables.

Macs don t recognise USB3 devices from DJI. So you need a USB 2.0 hub. (Controllers and Drones)

I have tested this on multiple Macs DJI must have a strange USB3 chipset.

Note a USB-C to USB-A cable will not cut it either.

2021-7-3
Use props
Drbangha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

I cannot seem to get this to work. I am trying to use Velocidrone with a M1 MacBook Pro. I just bought a USB 2.0 hub and I am going from the remote usb C to usb A to the 2.0 hub, and then from hub USB A to usb C on the MacBook.... When I plug it in it charges. When I launch velocidrone it does not recognize the remote. I can't find any settings or anything to see if the computer is recognizing the controller outside of velocidrone.... Help!
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_7mIrERzIcAnF
New

United States

Drbangha Posted at 2022-8-6 13:00
I cannot seem to get this to work. I am trying to use Velocidrone with a M1 MacBook Pro. I just bought a USB 2.0 hub and I am going from the remote usb C to usb A to the 2.0 hub, and then from hub USB A to usb C on the MacBook.... When I plug it in it charges. When I launch velocidrone it does not recognize the remote. I can't find any settings or anything to see if the computer is recognizing the controller outside of velocidrone.... Help!

I have the same problem! Did you ever found out how to fix it??
2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules