Phantom 4 V2 camera issue??
997 13 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankC911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285157 ft
United States

Question is the camera gimbal supposed automatically return to Zero right before landing? Mine isn't for some reason.
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what are you referring to as "return to zero" does it mean that the gimbal will automatically re-center before the landing? Are you in the Follow or FPV mode? If you could provide us a short video sample showing the issue that would be very helpful for better assistance. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-28
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what are you referring to as "return to zero" does it mean that the gimbal will automatically re-center before the landing? Are you in the Follow or FPV mode? If you could provide us a short video sample showing the issue that would be very helpful for better assistance. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi yes it’s not retuning to center before landing, I’m in follow mode. It will land with camera lens pointing down towards the ground.
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FrankC911 Posted at 6-28 21:14
Hi yes it’s not retuning to center before landing, I’m in follow mode. It will land with camera lens pointing down towards the ground.

We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experiences a hard landing before? You may try to perform the gimbal auto-calibration before taking off and check if the issue still persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-28
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 23:41
We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experiences a hard landing before? You may try to perform the gimbal auto-calibration before taking off and check if the issue still persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

No hard landings, it’s only a few weeks old and has done this out of the box.I have recalibrated several times.
2021-6-29
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

FrankC911 Posted at 6-29 06:01
No hard landings, it’s only a few weeks old and has done this out of the box.I have recalibrated several times.

After watching other videos of the P4 v2 drone it also seems that my gimbal when not under power is pointing downwards. the camera lens/gimbal is flopping down soon as you take off gimbal guard not sure if this is correct.
2021-6-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FrankC911 Posted at 6-29 09:03
After watching other videos of the P4 v2 drone it also seems that my gimbal when not under power is pointing downwards. the camera lens/gimbal is flopping down soon as you take off gimbal guard not sure if this is correct.

Do you have any ND filters on the lens?
2021-6-29
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-29 14:27
Do you have any ND filters on the lens?

Hi, no filters on lens. The gimbal appears to be working otherwise other than not returning to center upon landing.

2021-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FrankC911 Posted at 6-29 09:03

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us a short video sample showing the issue for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-1
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 21:37
Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us a short video sample showing the issue for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

The issue is, upon landing with camera pointing down towards ground it doesn’t automatically return the camera to the forward facing position before landing like my other Dji drones. I am getting mixed answers weather this is normal or not.
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FrankC911 Posted at 7-2 06:40
The issue is, upon landing with camera pointing down towards ground it doesn’t automatically return the camera to the forward facing position before landing like my other Dji drones. I am getting mixed answers weather this is normal or not.

Thank you for your response. If you could provide us a short video showing the issue for us to further isolate the problem. Also, did you receive an error message on the app when the gimbal suddenly pointing down? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-2
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 21:34
Thank you for your response. If you could provide us a short video showing the issue for us to further isolate the problem. Also, did you receive an error message on the app when the gimbal suddenly pointing down? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

No error message. A video of what you need a video of the camera pointing down and remaining there after landing? Lol look  this is not that hard if I don’t get some clarity on this it will be returned.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FrankC911 Posted at 7-3 04:35
No error message. A video of what you need a video of the camera pointing down and remaining there after landing? Lol look  this is not that hard if I don’t get some clarity on this it will be returned.

Thank you for your response. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-7-4
Use props
FrankC911
lvl.2
United States

No I don’t send new units in for repair, I return them. I still can’t get a simple question answered. Unbelievable.
2021-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules