Go 4 App / IPhone 12 / not connecting
2621 4 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bstick
New

United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with a smart controller. I recently bought a second controller, the  RC1B, so I could utilize third party apps. I have been trying to connect the controller to the Go 4 app but I keep getting an error. It says “the current device cannot use DJI Go 4, please check the relevant manual and download the correct app to use.” I have upgraded and downgraded the firmware on the controller. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried using the supplied cable and a second USB cable. I have tried both ports on the controller as well. I have tried three different devices and continue to get the same errors. I have no other ideas!

Can anyone help?
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bstick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-6-28
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-28 18:52
Hello there Bstick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Before getting the Smart Controller, I used an iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Mini 4, and an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the stock Mavic 2 controller - no problems.
2021-6-28
Use props
Bstick
New

United States

All,

Thank you very much for your responses. I just double checked the App and it says it’s comparable with the 12. I’m wondering what else I can do to troubleshoot this issue.

Iv also tried an IPad and a IPhone 7 that I wiped and only added the Go 4 app. I’m all out of ideas!

Ben
E7826415-F7E1-482A-846F-DFFF8D5BC68D.png
2021-6-29
Use props
guyrws
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186995 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem yet?
I have tried an iPhone XR, 6S and iPad Air2 all giving the “cannot use dji go 4" advice.

Cheers Guy.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules