FAA Requires New TRUST Test For All Drone Pilots
3388 15 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
United States

Just saw this the other day, and thank goodness I hadn't been flying since the deadline of June 20th.
The test is really simple, free, and only takes around 20 min to take.
Once you pass, you'll have to keep a copy of the certificate with you while flying, in case an officer asks for it.
Here's the link to take the test:
FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We really appreciate you for sharing this information. This will really help our fellow DJI pilots here in DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-6-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Thanks, got it
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This site looks good too -

https://www.cvtc.edu/academics/c ... a-approved-ta-trust
2021-6-28
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

There are several host sites that can give the test.
Just make sure they're registered, and are free. If you find a site that wants to charge to take the TRUST test, don't do it!
One thing to remember, there is NO weight restrictions, ALL drone flyers myst complete this test, and carry the certificate with them when flying.
This video explains it all:
2021-6-29
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152457 ft
United States

Yes, took the test as well.  Very easy common sense stuff.  Working on my Part 107 now.
2021-6-29
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

Yeah no thanks. The FAA is unconstitutional and can shove this infringement on freedoms where it belongs. They have ZERO authority over drones (no matter how much they want to press the issue and try to claim they do) I WILL NOT do this bs test nor be expected to carry papers with me from an unconstitutional entity to enjoy flying my drone.
2021-6-30
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

kSetuni Posted at 6-30 07:32
Yeah no thanks. The FAA is unconstitutional and can shove this infringement on freedoms where it belongs. They have ZERO authority over drones (no matter how much they want to press the issue and try to claim they do) I WILL NOT do this bs test nor be expected to carry papers with me from an unconstitutional entity to enjoy flying my drone.

WOW! Someone's a little salty... Let me guess, you use your drone to audit.
I can see it now; "No, I'm not giving you my name officer, I'm flying as a free inhabitent and don't fall under your rules, good day! Blacks law clearly states, drone traveling doen't require a license..."
2021-6-30
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

Kentucky_Ranger Posted at 6-30 11:09
WOW! Someone's a little salty... Let me guess, you use your drone to audit.
I can see it now; "No, I'm not giving you my name officer, I'm flying as a free inhabitent and don't fall under your rules, good day! Blacks law clearly states, drone traveling doen't require a license..."

Anyone with any measure of common sense would be salty with more and more government infringement upon our freedoms. Its idiots that support more infringements that are the reason we have the mess that we have today. Fools that think more government is the answer vs the problem. Anyone that thinks this is ok or supports crap like this is a FOOL. ESPECIALLY on the federal level.

2021-6-30
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
United States

kSetuni Posted at 6-30 11:54
Anyone with any measure of common sense would be salty with more and more government infringement upon our freedoms. Its idiots that support more infringements that are the reason we have the mess that we have today. Fools that think more government is the answer vs the problem. Anyone that thinks this is ok or supports crap like this is a FOOL. ESPECIALLY on the federal level.

I disagree.
The reason the FAA is regulating drone piloting, is because of the idiots that have purchased drones in the past, and flew them wherever, and whenever they wanted, causing their drones to endanger the safety of the public.
If it weren't for these morons, the FAA would've never stepped in.
While I see some of the FAAs regulations a little over the top, I can understand why drone flying has to be regulated.
Anyway, this test is nothing more than the FAA making sure new pilots understand the importance of flight safety, and nothing more.
The requirement of having to carry a certificate with you while flying, is nothing more intrusive, than someone being required to carry a valid drivers license while operating a motor vehicle.
I see you're flying a Mavic Mini, so you're not required to have a recreational license.
But... You are required to take this free test, and carry the small certificate with you while flying.
Will cops and FAA officials be jerks about it if they where to catch you out flying your drone?
I highly doubt it, but why be a jerk about something that will help inexperienced drone pilots gain safety knowledge?
I'd say, that if you're ever approached by law enforcement, or an FAA official. Your attitude will be your downfall, not the oppressive heavy hand of da man...
2021-6-30
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

kSetuni Posted at 6-30 07:32
Yeah no thanks. The FAA is unconstitutional and can shove this infringement on freedoms where it belongs. They have ZERO authority over drones (no matter how much they want to press the issue and try to claim they do) I WILL NOT do this bs test nor be expected to carry papers with me from an unconstitutional entity to enjoy flying my drone.

The DOT and traffic enforcement  laws  are also unconstitutional. I mean really, speed limits? Drivers ED? Drivers licences? What a burden this puts on us.
2021-6-30
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

NightThunder Posted at 6-30 15:50
The DOT and traffic enforcement  laws  are also unconstitutional. I mean really, speed limits? Drivers ED? Drivers licences? What a burden this puts on us.

It falls to the STATES to set laws and regulations for speed limits etc, NOT the federal government. You CLEARLY have zero clue about whats being discussed and the points being made.

Any regulations for drones falls to the STATES or city governments, NOT the federal government and the FAA is clearly unconstitutional. Look to the 10th amendment to see why.
2021-7-1
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

Kentucky_Ranger Posted at 6-30 13:13
I disagree.
The reason the FAA is regulating drone piloting, is because of the idiots that have purchased drones in the past, and flew them wherever, and whenever they wanted, causing their drones to endanger the safety of the public.
If it weren't for these morons, the FAA would've never stepped in.

Its not up to the FAA to regulate anything, ESPECIALLY with drones.

My attitude will NOT be my downfall because I clearly understand my rights and the constitution more than you do or they do. Yeah I will tell the FAA to take a hike and have a nice day and theres not thing one they can do about it.

Its not up to the government, most certainly the feds, to ensure safety. To try to make that argument is absurd. Look at the BS with the scamdemic over the last year and a half and they kept saying its for your safety yadda yadda. Thats the excuse tyrants use.

The mentality of oh its just a simple non intrusive test is the reason for the government overreach on so many levels and one link at a time more and more freedoms are stolen and government gets more and more bloated,

I WILL not do this bs test and bow down to this unconstitutional overreach. Regardless of what I fly. Ill be getting a second drone this year and wont be doing any of this bs then either.
2021-7-1
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

kSetuni Posted at 7-1 01:12
Its not up to the FAA to regulate anything, ESPECIALLY with drones.

My attitude will NOT be my downfall because I clearly understand my rights and the constitution more than you do or they do. Yeah I will tell the FAA to take a hike and have a nice day and theres not thing one they can do about it.

In  your post you stated:
"Look at the BS with the scamdemic over the last year and a half and they kept saying its for your safety yadda yadda. "

That says it all about you and it is not good. Bye Bye.

2021-7-2
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

NightThunder Posted at 7-2 08:42
In  your post you stated:
"Look at the BS with the scamdemic over the last year and a half and they kept saying its for your safety yadda yadda. "

yet here you are showing your ignorance. Wanting personal freedoms is NOT selfish nor about me because i want freedoms for EVERYONE. Guess yovue forgotten what independence day is all about.
2021-7-5
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

kSetuni Posted at 7-5 03:18
yet here you are showing your ignorance. Wanting personal freedoms is NOT selfish nor about me because i want freedoms for EVERYONE. Guess yovue forgotten what independence day is all about.

The FAA is CLEARLY an unconstitutional agency therefore any edict put out by them is null and void. Especially regarding rc aircraft of any sort. Here is an example of why by a constitutional scholar which supports my claim.

We must remember there is absolutely no authority for the federal government to regulate domestic flights. The assertion of necessity due to international flights or national security is a false assertion and does not create a domestic regulatory authority.

The commerce clause, contrary to modern thought, also does not create an authority for the federal government to regulate air traffic. James Madison, also known as the Father of the Constitution explained in an address to the House of Representatives in 1792, that the commerce clause is not a power of its own but a description of the purpose of those limited and enumerated powers expressly delegated to the federal government through the Constitution. Madison warns us, that to allow Congress to turn this clause into a power, creates a completely unlimited federal government, one that the Constitution cannot tolerate:

“for if the clause in question really authorizes Congress to do whatever they think fit…, of which they are to judge, and money can be applied to it, …every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited government established by the people of America…”

The FAA should not exist as it does and it certainly has no constitutional authority to regulate our domestic air traffic. Therefore, privatizing is exactly what should happen.

Excerpt from https://tenthamendmentcenter.com ... vatize-air-traffic/
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules