DJI FPV legal obligations in France?
723 3 2021-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vinimarc
New

Hi,

Is it required to register the brand new DJI FPV within AlphaTango in France and activate the eletronic broadcast ? The law says you have to register if it weighs 800g or more.

The FPV weighs approx. 795g according to specifications. I know it's not 800g but it's pretty close!  And I think it probably weighs more if you attach some of the accessories on it.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

Vinicius.  
2021-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vinicius. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will ger the best information and recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots based in France with regards to this inquiry. Just a reminder that DJI highly recommend to follow the rules and regulations when flying your DJI Drones to avoid an untoward incidents and to avoid being apprehended by authorities. Thank you.
2021-6-29
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

No, you don't have to registrer your DJI FPV in France, unless of course you add some extra stuff.
But if you pass the 800g limit, yes, you'll need to registrer add that reg number on the drone, and add a french law compliant wifi beacon device called "balise de signalement électronique".  So you don't want to add extra weight, do you? ;)
2021-7-4
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fredbotton75 Posted at 7-4 08:55
No, you don't have to registrer your DJI FPV in France, unless of course you add some extra stuff.
But if you pass the 800g limit, yes, you'll need to registrer add that reg number on the drone, and add a french law compliant wifi beacon device called "balise de signalement électronique".  So you don't want to add extra weight, do you? ;)

So I guess you'd have to take the leg braces off? Hope to fly in France this summer...
2021-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules