DJI Spark Battery Not charging 2 lights flashes 4 times then nothing
14523 9 2021-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hydrans
lvl.1

Australia

I have created an account specifically for this issue.

I was gifted 2 sealed units which was lovely.

One drone I have flown for 2 hours. The second drone was still in the box.

I believed that I correctly followed the storage process for the Spark battery for the unit that I flew, however when I went to use it, I thought that I would simply have to charge the battery to fly it again. I am using a charger with 3v rather than a standard 2.4. The unit and the lights on the drone came on in a sequence of first 2 lights flashed green, but the drone would not charge the batteries.

What am I doing wrong?

The drones are about 3 years old with 2 hours of flight time, I have a 64Gb SD card in each. Both batteries (one used 2 hours, one never used) have the same issue.

2021-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hydrans. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Spark's Intelligent Flight Battery and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? In addition I will post the Intelligent Flight Battery Protection LED Display table below. Thank you.

2021-6-29
Use props
Hydrans
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 22:13
Hello there Hydrans. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Spark's Intelligent Flight Battery and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? In addition I will post the Intelligent Flight Battery Protection LED Display table below. Thank you.

[view_image]

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak2aCir-SFlploFj2kzJlrHkrINP9Q?e=6G5q84

This is the link to the 2 files. One on each battery, at least 2 cycles of each.
Nothing on your chart is a replication of what I am seeing. Iniitally I thought that it was charging as it was going Light 1, Light 1 and 2 expecting at some point to see Light 1, 2 and 3 suggesting that it was charging up.

But after an hour of charging, the battery is slightly warmer, but still only 1 then 1 and 2 repeat.

Update. The battery going 1, then 1,2 is now looking like it charges with 1, 2 and 3 now. Suggest ignore that battery. Will update. please look at the other one as the priority, this looks like it is failing

2021-6-29
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hydrans Posted at 6-29 23:05
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak2aCir-SFlploFj2kzJlrHkrINP9Q?e=6G5q84

This is the link to the 2 files. One on each battery, at least 2 cycles of each.

Hi Hydrans,

If you charge a battery via USB in the Spark, you'll need a good charger that is able to deliver enough current (at least 2 amps). Judging from your videos (thanks for that) it seems your charger tries to supply current for a few seconds, then craps out, restarting from the beginning.

HTH,
Wolferl
2021-6-30
Use props
Hydrans
lvl.1

Australia

Wolferl Posted at 6-30 00:26
Hi Hydrans,

If you charge a battery via USB in the Spark, you'll need a good charger that is able to deliver enough current (at least 2 amps). Judging from your videos (thanks for that) it seems your charger tries to supply current for a few seconds, then craps out, restarting from the beginning.

Thought of that. I originally was using a 1amp, then went to a 2amp, then 2.4amp and now on a 3amp. The 3amp is charging a battery now, but not working on the other one. 2 lights 4 flashes repeats, not a scrolling from left to right.

Thanks for the constructive feedback btw, appreciated someone took the time to look for a solution.
2021-6-30
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Hydrans Posted at 6-30 00:40
Thought of that. I originally was using a 1amp, then went to a 2amp, then 2.4amp and now on a 3amp. The 3amp is charging a battery now, but not working on the other one. 2 lights 4 flashes repeats, not a scrolling from left to right.

Thanks for the constructive feedback btw, appreciated someone took the time to look for a solution.

Hi Hydrans,

Thx for the feedback. Unfortunately, one can not believe the amps stated on chargers. I have seen too many wall warts not able to deliver the current they advertise :-(
I ran into the same problem as you, but a known good wall wart did take care of the issue.

It may well be that one (or both) of your batteries are indeed defective.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-30
Use props
Hydrans
lvl.1

Australia

Wolferl Posted at 6-30 07:34
Hi Hydrans,

Thx for the feedback. Unfortunately, one can not believe the amps stated on the charger. I have seen too many wall warts not able to deliver the current they advertise :-(

Update. One battery has fully charged. The other battery is not responding, I have removed the working video from the link above and only the not working one (which coincidently was from the sealed box, not the one that was used for 2 hours). The charger has been validated now as functionally and I am removing it as a source of problem.
2021-6-30
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Hydrans Posted at 6-30 23:06
Update. One battery has fully charged. The other battery is not responding, I have removed the working video from the link above and only the not working one (which coincidently was from the sealed box, not the one that was used for 2 hours). The charger has been validated now as functionally and I am removing it as a source of problem.

Hi Hydrans,

Well, that battery has discharged from non-usage to a point where its internal electronics does not work any more. That thing is dead.

HTH,
Wolferl
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_w8SKlnW4NtqN
New

Austria

Hydrans Posted at 2021-6-30 23:06
Update. One battery has fully charged. The other battery is not responding, I have removed the working video from the link above and only the not working one (which coincidently was from the sealed box, not the one that was used for 2 hours). The charger has been validated now as functionally and I am removing it as a source of problem.

Can you please mention how you got your "2 lights blinking" battery to charge?
I just purchased 2 new batteries and they both display this problem.
2023-3-28
Use props
PoRRiiDGe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35758 ft

United States

djiuser_w8SKlnW4NtqN Posted at 3-28 07:11
Can you please mention how you got your "2 lights blinking" battery to charge?
I just purchased 2 new batteries and they both display this problem.

so after my 30 minute long internet scouring session, i have been led to believe that the two lights flashing four consecutive times while charging is a sign of a faulty battery. dji only has a warranty of 6 months for them which i think is ridiculous.. they aren’t cheap either! looking at upgrading or just moving to another drone all together
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules