12Next >
5735 49 2021-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Western Sahara

There is a new version of the app. It appears the mini SE is out officially.They jumped a few iterations it seems. Nervous to see what did they break... Apparently the few  fixes are exposure and attitude indicator/map. Unfortunately no mention on the charge iPhone toggle nor sliders...

Release notes:

D631CD4F-255C-42EC-BC86-16EE346C5222.jpeg

2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darn,  I was hoping for the charging option to return,  have real trouble with scene dimming lately.
2021-6-30
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 00:18
Darn,  I was hoping for the charging option to return,  have real trouble with scene dimming lately.

well they don't always list all the changes. usually there are "surprises", so until tested there is no way telling. also most importantly let's see what did they break this time

as for dimming it will get worse the warmer it gets. phones are not supposed to be charged at 30+ and with the screen maxed and using heavy app. but i guess dji fly developers don't care...
2021-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting.
I should be testing this as soon as the rain stops.
2021-6-30
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-30 01:11
Interesting.

Great, waiting for your input. From a quick dry run I did it seems there is no toggle yet for charging. Attitude/map is a lot easier to change, you don't have to aim at the small mini icon anymore. Other than that didn't see anything new without connecting the drone...
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-30 00:40
well they don't always list all the changes. usually there are "surprises", so until tested there is no way telling. also most importantly let's see what did they break this time

as for dimming it will get worse the warmer it gets. phones are not supposed to be charged at 30+ and with the screen maxed and using heavy app. but i guess dji fly developers don't care...

Its been 27c here and the screen dims quite quick
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-30 01:11
Interesting.

If it ever stops you mean.
2021-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 6-30 01:17
Great, waiting for your input. From a quick dry run I did it seems there is no toggle yet for charging. Attitude/nap is a lot easier to change, you don't have to aim to small mini icon anymore. Other than that didn't see anything new without connecting the drone...

That sounds good already!
2021-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 01:29
If it ever stops you mean.

You would feel like that today.
2021-6-30
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Didn't notice the new version this afternoon, missed out on testing it out during the afternoon of flying. Next opportunity won't be until next week due to work and weather.
2021-6-30
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

Is 1.4.8 available on Android?
2021-6-30
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

rEaX Posted at 6-30 03:18
Is 1.4.8 available on Android?

on the DJI site the last version available for android is 1.4.4. but i would assume they should release it today if not available OTA in the app itself...
2021-6-30
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 6-30 03:22
on the DJI site the last version available for android is 1.4.4. but i would assume they should release it today if not available OTA in the app itself...

There were some complaints i read regarding transmission lag on the smartcontroller, maybe this update reduces this, but i have no confirmation of this
2021-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

rEaX Posted at 6-30 03:18
Is 1.4.8 available on Android?

Available on DJI site now.

2021-6-30
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 00:18

it seems they got rid of the sliders at least, now is side scrolling menu and it seems a lot better on first impression...and EV lock as a menu. No switch for charging iPhones.
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-30 06:31
it seems they got rid of the sliders at least, now is side scrolling menu and it seems a lot better on first impression...and EV lock as a menu. No switch for charging iPhones.

Indeed a shame.  I will hopefully get the weather to test tommorow.   
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-30 06:31
it seems they got rid of the sliders at least, now is side scrolling menu and it seems a lot better on first impression...and EV lock as a menu. No switch for charging iPhones.

Indeed a shame.  I will hopefully get the weather to test tommorow.   
2021-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for sharing this information about the new DJI Fly application update with us here at DJI Forum. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-6-30
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-30 19:55
Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for sharing this information about the new DJI Fly application update with us here at DJI Forum. Great find and thank you for your support.

Strange that on a lot of posts seems that DJI Moderators discover that they have new things from DJI )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2021-7-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I think it's funny as hell that on the DJI download page, it says that the latest is 1.4.2 (both android and iOS).   However the actual download is 1.4.8.  It would be nice if they would update the webpage!

Part 2 is it would be nice if the "update in the app" function that they forced on us (after taking DJI Fly out of the Google Play store) a few months ago would actually work.
2021-7-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 7-1 19:51
I think it's funny as hell that on the DJI download page, it says that the latest is 1.4.2 (both android and iOS).   However the actual download is 1.4.8.  It would be nice if they would update the webpage!

Part 2 is it would be nice if the "update in the app" function that they forced on us (after taking DJI Fly out of the Google Play store) a few months ago would actually work.

Now you're just asking too much
2021-7-1
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 05:27
Available on DJI site now.

[view_image]

Thanks, just got it
2021-7-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

K6CCC Posted at 7-1 19:51
I think it's funny as hell that on the DJI download page, it says that the latest is 1.4.2 (both android and iOS).   However the actual download is 1.4.8.  It would be nice if they would update the webpage!

Part 2 is it would be nice if the "update in the app" function that they forced on us (after taking DJI Fly out of the Google Play store) a few months ago would actually work.

well that is normal for DJI...they are too lazy to change a simple text. Which is no surprise if they are too lazy to QA app before release in order not to introduce new bugs or reintroduce previously fixed bugs. we should be happy the app still works
2021-7-2
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 7-1 20:40

Got that one right...

Kinda like at work.  I work in the public safety two way radio field.  Motorola builds great hardware, but their software leaves a lot to be desired...
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Apparently the DJI Mini SE is only out for sale in selected areas where drone use for economic purposes is still emerging
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-30 03:22

I can't find the app on Play Store so I have to download it from the website but it keeps updating in the background and never finishes
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 7-1 20:40

True
2021-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

rEaX Posted at 7-2 04:09
Thanks, just got it

You're welcome.    Got rid of the transmission lag on my Mini 2.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJJ95
New

United States

question for a new mini pilot. With the new updaten now it allows for ipads. i would like to do this Today, besides holder and longer cable, what type of ipad do i need in terms of "cellular or just wife. i heard u needed cellular (but do not need sim card or activativation) so you would have GPS for maps and RTH. Can anyone confirm this with the new updated software, Is it plug and play alike the phone is. I understand you could before with some jerry rigging like a chrome cast and external power supply, I will assume the fix would eliminate this and now the ipad can be used versus your iphone and not using it as a hotspot is this correct and do you need a ipad with GPS or did the software take care of that. thanks in advance, (I can find the compatible list of ipads im just wondering which type you need to have all the features of your iphone)  Have a happy and safe 4th and celebrate our freedoms with enthusiasm
2021-7-3
Use props
dMF_DJI_M210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93350 ft
Italy

on mini 2, 1.4.8 android version has problems with telemetry and compass window. After a few minutes it freeze and if you click on the window it disappear
2021-7-4
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJJ95 Posted at 7-3 07:31
question for a new mini pilot. With the new updaten now it allows for ipads. i would like to do this Today, besides holder and longer cable, what type of ipad do i need in terms of "cellular or just wife. i heard u needed cellular (but do not need sim card or activativation) so you would have GPS for maps and RTH. Can anyone confirm this with the new updated software, Is it plug and play alike the phone is. I understand you could before with some jerry rigging like a chrome cast and external power supply, I will assume the fix would eliminate this and now the ipad can be used versus your iphone and not using it as a hotspot is this correct and do you need a ipad with GPS or did the software take care of that. thanks in advance, (I can find the compatible list of ipads im just wondering which type you need to have all the features of your iphone)  Have a happy and safe 4th and celebrate our freedoms with enthusiasm

I have used iPad mini with no cellular and no GPS and everything worked fine.  
2021-7-4
Use props
Frosby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3533474 ft
Czechia

hi, does anyone have a problem with 1.4.8? the application gets stuck and I can't shoot or take pictures. nothing on the screen responds, nor does switching on the controller between the camera and the camera. and then the application crashes. Thank you
2021-7-4
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

Frosby Posted at 7-4 23:29
hi, does anyone have a problem with 1.4.8? the application gets stuck and I can't shoot or take pictures. nothing on the screen responds, nor does switching on the controller between the camera and the camera. and then the application crashes. Thank you

Yes I have (on Android)
2021-7-8
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

AND no charging slider on Android either.
2021-7-8
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-8 03:41
AND no charging slider on Android either.

There will never be as Android architecture does not allow to turn off charging.
2021-7-8
Use props
Ruppo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78829 ft
Chile

Compre hoy el Mini SE. Y no hay usuario manual, WEB DJI, no tiene ninguna información. Una vergüenza que vendan un producto y no den ningún soporte. Muy mal.

2021-7-8
Use props
Frosby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3533474 ft
Czechia

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-8 03:39
Yes I have (on Android)

i use 1.4.4 and all good
2021-7-8
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-8 03:39
Yes I have (on Android)

Don't tell DJI what device you're using. I did (Huawei P30Lite and Huawei M5Lite8), and rather than fix the issues they deleted the two models off their DJI Fly compatible device list instead.
2021-7-9
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 05:47
Apparently the DJI Mini SE is only out for sale in selected areas where drone use for economic purposes is still emerging
After I stated I doubt it would be released in Australia, it seems that I’m wrong!

An Australian retail chain has it on their website.
Mini 2 SE is sell at AU$459
Mini 2 SE Fly More combo is selling at AU$619

At the same retailer, the Mini 2 is AU$749 and the Fly More combo is AU$949.
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Frosby Posted at 7-4 23:29
hi, does anyone have a problem with 1.4.8? the application gets stuck and I can't shoot or take pictures. nothing on the screen responds, nor does switching on the controller between the camera and the camera. and then the application crashes. Thank you

Haven't had any issues so far
2021-7-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules