Dramatic Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge
558 5 2021-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRK
lvl.2
United States

Here is an overly dramatic (music) video of the Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge, an engineering masterpiece from 1935. I took all the flight footage with a Air IIS. Because rhe actual movements are very slow, I increased the speed to 200%. Here are the difficulties of drone flying these days as you all know. You need to register the drone. Check. You need to take the official 'Trust' test by the FAA. Check. You need to check with the FAA before each flight, via B4UFly, to get clearance for the area. Check. And the drone refuses to fly in restricted areas. Check. If all that is clear then you would think that you could fly. After the flight I learned that the US Army Corps of Engineers has their own rules, which are not shared with the FAA. Based on those the entire canal and bridges are off limits. So with all the tools in place, you still don't know if you get fined by someone. Personally I understand the need for regulations but there needs to be one place to get an overview and clearance. That being said, I see this video at a bow to the amazing work of the engineers. D!RK

2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage.   
2021-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI