Reason for not releasing new Firmware
2504 27 2015-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Could it be that DJI is not releasing a new firmware to fix all theese issus because we are looking at hardware mailfunctions?

- It´s simply not acceptable that it´s taking so long for people to wait and wait and not getiing any solid information.
Today mine P3P just stopped showing any FPV and is drifting wild.

All FW is latest and has been all the time without issues and now all this from one flight to the next?"brand new - less than 20 shot flights all in line of sight." And all soft landings, so no stress in any way.
tons of simmilar reports and still silence?
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -disconnects.44836/

Something is wrong here.

2015-7-22
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

we have more information than we have had before, we know a fw is comming, its going to be in public beta for an undisclosed period of time,then if its good they will release it.

as for when any of these steps will happen is in DJI hands and you don't want it rushed, if it was ready they would release it, they have absolutely no reason not to.

its in progress. it just takes time.

fw is not something that can be pushed out weekly
if you want more info sighn up for the beta test.
2015-7-22
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

I posed that exact same question on PhantomPilots.com today and the trolls jumped on me like I was wearing pork-chop undies. They called me a dope head and a conspiracy theorist for even suggesting the possibility of this...
2015-7-22
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-7-23 07:56
we have more information than we have had before, we know a fw is comming, its going to be in public ...

Check the inspire forum for similar issues and it shows it is a hardware issue with the camera.
I used the exact same setup for +20 flights same firmware since day one of having it and then I get the same problems that are reported all over this and other forums.
I know enough to suspect hardware instead of firmware.

On Friday mine is going back to the dealer to see what they have to say about it.

I sure hope for the owners and DJI that it is a firmware issue.
2015-7-22
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Two months and still waiting.
2015-7-22
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Got mine yesterday, and had same issue within 5 minutes of starting everything up, but found a thread that suggested starting rc first, then turn on device, start app, turn on phantom, and it worked for me. My 2 cents worth.
2015-7-22
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

L8again Posted at 2015-7-23 09:14
Got mine yesterday, and had same issue within 5 minutes of starting everything up, but found a threa ...

That is in the book of instructions. Turn on Pilot app, then RC, then P3. Any other order will cause problems.
2015-7-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, it's always been in that order.
You always want to turn on your Tx radio control first. As that way, when the Phantom 3 is turned on, it's not searching for something to bind to.
Only when upgrading the radio Firmware, if plugged into the Phantom, would you turn on the Phantom 3 first, then the radio control.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-22
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-23 08:02
I posed that exact same question on PhantomPilots.com today and the trolls jumped on me like I was w ...

Well I have to say the post you made there at phantom pilots did make it sound like it was a giant conspiracy. Not jumping on you but the post there was a bit out if line. Just my opinion.

I did software for a lot of years and very complex things like this drone can take a lot of time to correct problems. I suspect they are dealing with not only bugs but in variations of how the hardware performs. They did not take into account the wide tolerances some of the components seem to have. Just some thoughts on the realities of a large project like this, not defending them.

Alan
2015-7-22
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
Romania

we can rule out Hardware - simply because stuff used to work on previous versions of software..
2015-7-23
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

jerry486 Posted at 2015-7-23 18:24
we can rule out Hardware - simply because stuff used to work on previous versions of software..

not entirely since mine is new and I always only had 1.26 firmware and 1.20 app.
and now after +20 flights without any FW or SW changes I have no signal to lightbridge and eratic hovering and drifting.

Firmware could not starting acting strange after working perfect for 3 weeks.

Furthermore there is a lot of people with newest firmware without any problems what-so-ever as it was for me and then you have a lot of people with big problems.

Logic indicates that the difference is HW since the FW & SW is the same.

- just a personal opinion - But as said mine is going back and will let you guys know the outcome.

cheers´
2015-7-23
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have lost video then it's hardware and needs to go back to DJI/ changed by your retailer. VPS and lag issues are being worked on on firmware so hopefully we will see some progress soon when fw is released.
2015-7-23
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-7-23 19:59
If you have lost video then it's hardware and needs to go back to DJI/ changed by your retailer. VPS ...

Just had the shop on phone. They asked me to
1. format FAT and retry to overwrite the 1.26 FW   (same issue)
2. format eXfat and retry to overwrite 1.26 FW (still the same cant write the FW)

LOG (just one line - tons of those):
========== 2015.07.22 20:06:27 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

So message is now that HardWare failed just as I expected.
- Seems to be a lot of HW failures then in this forum only.

So P3P is going back today or tomorrow for a replacement.

- Will keep you guys posted.

2015-7-23
Use props
Sprague
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126640 ft
United States

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-23 20:40
1. format FAT and retry to overwrite the 1.26 FW   ( ...

What makes absolutely NO sense is that my P3, with firmware upgrade, worked immediately. I had it out last night for the first time and not a single issue did I have. Luck of the draw?
Sprague
2015-7-23
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sprague, you are not alone. The current firmware works just fine for many people.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-23
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-23 23:30
Sprague, you are not alone. The current firmware works just fine for many people.

Yes sir... Mine works fine with the current firmware and app... Not to sure why people are having issues...
2015-7-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-24 00:58
Yes sir... Mine works fine with the current firmware and app... Not to sure why people are having  ...

I guess because you have a working one : p
2015-7-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Sprague Posted at 2015-7-23 23:27
What makes absolutely NO sense is that my P3, with firmware upgrade, worked immediately. I had it ...

yeah, there are also gimbals that work without jello
2015-7-23
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-23 20:40
1. format FAT and retry to overwrite the 1.26 FW   ( ...

can you post the hidden log file under the \MISC\LOG\ folder, you need to enable view hidden files on your computer

also since the last firmware it logs every attempt, so every time yo try even if you delete the text file it creates one with all the previous attempts again   

your latest one will be at the bottom
2015-7-23
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

Sprague Posted at 2015-7-23 23:27
What makes absolutely NO sense is that my P3, with firmware upgrade, worked immediately. I had it ...

That is what I said for 3 weeks and... bam i´m out  
2015-7-23
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

I went to the store and they tested and tested some more had direct contact with DJI and as I thought I´m getting a new one tomorrow.
Hardware failure and no one even knows what is causing it.

So guys if you have the "No Signal" error get it to the retail store and get a new one...

I´m just wondering when they will have to give me another one -since the first one had less than 5 hrs. flight time.
2015-7-23
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-7-23 11:37
That is in the book of instructions. Turn on Pilot app, then RC, then P3. Any other order will cau ...

Bullshit! I do start the RC, App and than the P3. No problems.
2015-7-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey good for you, but it's going backwards from the norm...
The radio should always be turned on first. That's RC protocol .
& No need for profanity bud, it's a family friendly forum...

Have a nice day, it's pouring rain here... ;-)
I Hope to fly my abnormally awesome Phantom 3 later...

RedHotPoker
2015-7-23
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

Closure.
The No Signal was indeed hardware failure.
They replaced the camera and everything is online again.

Cheers´
2015-7-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-24 22:31
Closure.
The No Signal was indeed hardware failure.
They replaced the camera and everything is onlin ...

Maybe it is a good idea to sell the P3 after 11 months, its always a better feeling when you have warranty when you have this bird.
2015-7-24
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

Daninho Posted at 2015-7-24 22:58
Maybe it is a good idea to sell the P3 after 11 months, its always a better feeling when you have  ...

If they can fix the FW and make groudstation work then it´s all I need - if not it will be sold.
2015-7-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

020667@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-24 23:19
If they can fix the FW and make groudstation work then it´s all I need - if not it will be sold.

no, i mean because it seems that the product is a bit fragile when it has already a defect after 5 flights as you said. So i would feel uncomfortable to own it without warranty.
2015-7-24
Use props
lvl.3
Denmark

Daninho Posted at 2015-7-24 23:27
no, i mean because it seems that the product is a bit fragile when it has already a defect after 5 ...

Absolutley.
You can´t even see it´s used looks like it just came out of the box. And all landings coulden´t be softer
and still hardware failed. After this I am not comfortable with the product.

Just had it out for a test flight and - yes it performs flawless again even if I have a tilted horizon on my footage ....  and yes I did a gimbal calibration.

Must be the most love/hate product I ever owned
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules