Magnetic ineferencr
844 10 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trigger2041
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45000 ft
United States

I just goy my mavic 2pro bsck from being rpaired  Both thr aircrsft and RC They tested it and said it worke find
My question is this.  I received a hip replacement and that started the dreaded CHECK ATT MAGNNETIC INTEFERENCE. I also have  a pacrer. 2 metal knee replace and a steel rod in my leg when I groke my femer. WHERE IS MY QUESTION,  EVERYWHERE I GO AND LINK MY DRONE, THE RC SAYS CHECT CHECK APP MANETIC.  Could sconnection?

2021-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How far are you from the drone when it's warning of magnetic interference?
You would have to be very close to affect the drone's compass.
If you are two metres away, you wouldn't have any effect.
And aren't your surgical bits made of non-magnetic metals anyway?

One other possibility is that the compass is disconnected.
Check the compass data in the Sensors section of the app to see what it says there.
2021-7-1
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Have you checked the compass status in the GO 4 app in drone menu under Advanced Settings -> Sensor State -> Compass ? Is it still "Excellent" or at least "Good"?
2021-7-1
Use props
Trigger2041
lvl.2
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 7-1 04:13
Have you checked the compass status in the GO 4 app in drone menu under Advanced Settings -> Sensor State -> Compass ? Is it still "Excellent" or at least "Good"?

No it is barley red.  It won't lt me calibrate the compass in the horisantal position
2021-7-1
Use props
Trigger2041
lvl.2
United States

Trigger2041 Posted at 7-1 16:57
No it is barley red.  It won't lt me calibrate the compass in the horisantal position

sorry, yes i did.. just 1 red light,   Mean to say it ll calibrate in the horizontal position but not the vertalical positon
2021-7-1
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Trigger2041 Posted at 7-1 17:44
sorry, yes i did.. just 1 red light,   Mean to say it ll calibrate in the horizontal position but not the vertalical positon

Then I guess you should contact the DJI support. There seems to be something wrong with the compass  hardware chip or so. Keep us up to date!
2021-7-2
Use props
Trigger2041
lvl.2
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 7-2 13:58
Then I guess you should contact the DJI support. There seems to be something wrong with the compass  hardware chip or so. Keep us up to date!

DJI charges you $149 just to look at it.  Any suggestions on where I might get the compass fixed cheaper
2021-7-16
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Surgical stainless steel has never affected  my drones but the rebar in concrete and even if it is near the car can set that off.
I regularly get the compass calibration warnings, but the magnetic interference is usually cleared by moving the drones location a few feet.
2021-7-22
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

Hi I wonder if you can let someone else try to spin the drone for you, just for once, to test if it's a hardware issue? Let your friend stand 3 meters away from you or so, and let him do the calibration instead. So that you can figure out if this is a hardware issue of if it's the implants affecting the drone.

If it's not the implant, then maybe you can go back to the guy who repaired your drone and let him fix the chip for you ?
2021-7-22
Use props
Trigger2041
lvl.2
United States

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-22 19:20
Hi I wonder if you can let someone else try to spin the drone for you, just for once, to test if it's a hardware issue? Let your friend stand 3 meters away from you or so, and let him do the calibration instead. So that you can figure out if this is a hardware issue of if it's the implants affecting the drone.

If it's not the implant, then maybe you can go back to the guy who repaired your drone and let him fix the chip for you ?

Thanks for the tip.  will try that
2021-7-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi there. Had  a friend that got a hip replacement and that was not made of Titanium so he therefore got a small card from the hospital to show at customs when going flying and going trough the metal detector. So having a friend calibrating the compass 3 meters away from you would prove this.
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules