DJI FPV - Firmware broke units
729 4 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chndrk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61519 ft
United States

At the beginning of each flight, I try to go vertically from my takeoff point and do a 360 to verify the height of nearby obstacles. I noticed that after the recent (6/15/2021) firmware update (v01.02.0000), my altitude  settings are in meters even though my drone is set to imperial units. It's important that we have access to imperial units because USA regulations are in terms of feet rather than meters, and folks in the USA have a better sense of what feet mean than what meters mean. For the short term I can memorize that 400 feet is about 120 meters, but that still doesn't help me when I use the drone with a camera set to zero degrees to find the height of the nearest tree. I don't want to have my Return to Home height set to 120 meters because I don't want to interfere with manned airspace -- I want to be about 20 feet higher than the highest obstacle.

The attached pictures (it's really hard to take a picture of what the goggles see!) show that I'm in imperial, but the safety settings use meters.

I tried changing to metric and then changing back again in case that would trigger something, but it didn't help.

DJI, when should we expect a hotfix so that it's easier for us to fly in a safe, legal, and compliant fashion?

Units should be imperial

Units should be imperial

But Return to Home height is metric

But Return to Home height is metric
2021-7-1
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

You can try change to metric, restart. Then change to imperial, restart again and see if it works.
2021-7-1
Use props
amitgv1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032493 ft
Germany

It’s a known bug in this version. A lot of people complained about it
2021-7-1
Use props
chndrk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61519 ft
United States

amitgv1 Posted at 7-1 14:34
It’s a known bug in this version. A lot of people complained about it

I thought I looked throughout the dji fpv part of the forum before I posted - but I'm glad I'm not the first one to see it. It is a safety issue though
2021-7-1
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

a reason for not upgrade, thanks. Ill keep stock FW
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules