Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles v2 Rebooting During Flight
123Next >
11517 82 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United Kingdom

I have brand new v2 goggles and a couple of drones with vista units and all updated with the latest firmware. On my second flight i was 200 meters away enjoying awesome HD video when the screen went black and DJI logo appeared. Luckily i have a rescue mode switch and a good few seconds later the video came back. Wtf???

This happened once more with another drone luckily as i was landing.

I watched back the videos on the goggles and a few times the goggles rebooted while playimg back the videos.

I suspected the issue could be the sd card which was a new Samsung 64gb scandisk ultra which i did not format from the goggles.

I bought a new 64gb scandisk extreme and formatted on the goggles. First thing i did was copy the videos from the old card to the new one to see if they would play but i got the same issues which is strange because the videos are fine on the pc and even if the files are corrupt the rebooting is sporadic.

Ive done a few test hovers recording video and playing back and so far so good but im not completely convinved this isue is with the sd card. I will do plenty more flights and if i can recreate the issue i will try without recording.

Any insight into this problem very much appreciated. Thanks

2021-7-1
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

IMHO - check power plug first, please.... if it is loose it will produce reboot for sure.
2021-7-1
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

stah Posted at 7-1 11:18
IMHO - check power plug first, please.... if it is loose it will produce reboot for sure.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be testing this issue thoroughly tomorrow and i will double check each time connection is secure but it does seem like a good solid connection to the goggles.
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1616693 ft
United States

coolbeans Posted at 7-1 11:23
Thanks for the quick reply. I will be testing this issue thoroughly tomorrow and i will double check each time connection is secure but it does seem like a good solid connection to the goggles.

I tied it down like this. Could make it even more secure by adding some hot-glue.
Honestly, DJI should have provided a clip.

2021-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. You may refer to the suggestion of stah on post #2 about the power plug as this might cause the issue. If the unit experience the same problem after you did some test using the new SD card that you had used,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-1
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 19:57
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. You may refer to the suggestion of stah on post #2 about the power plug as this might cause the issue. If the unit experience the same problem after you did some test using the new SD card that you had used,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I had some test flights today and although I did not get any resets during the flight when I got back and started looking through playing the videos using the goggles it reset. It only did it once but this problem is sporadic and hard to produce. While watching the first video (goggles had only been on for a minute) about 1min in there was a sudden burst from the fan then reset. I suspect there is a problem with the card reader within the headset so I will have to contact support and send them back.
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 04:34
I had some test flights today and although I did not get any resets during the flight when I got back and started looking through playing the videos using the goggles it reset. It only did it once but this problem is sporadic and hard to produce. While watching the first video (goggles had only been on for a minute) about 1min in there was a sudden burst from the fan then reset. I suspect there is a problem with the card reader within the headset so I will have to contact support and send them back.
Omg
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Check all wires to see if any are loose.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Has your drone crashed when the goggles were rebooting or were you lucky?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 19:57
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. You may refer to the suggestion of stah on post #2 about the power plug as this might cause the issue. If the unit experience the same problem after you did some test using the new SD card that you had used,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

How much does a full diagnostic cost?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH Posted at 7-1 18:00
I tied it down like this. Could make it even more secure by adding some hot-glue.
Honestly, DJI should have provided a clip.

If you add hot glue, it might damage the wire so don't
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

stah Posted at 7-1 11:18

Thats true
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:27
Check all wires to see if any are loose.
No loose wires. I have tried moving tge wite from top to bottom and i cant force a rebpot.
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:28
Has your drone crashed when the goggles were rebooting or were you lucky?

I was 200 meters away when this first happened but luckily this was a long rsnge drone with GPS so i triggered rescue mode. The video came back shortly sfter.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 11:52
No loose wores. I have tried moving tge wite from top to bottom and i cant force a rebpot.

Have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

They might be able to help you in this situation
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:32

These goggles are brand new and obviously still under warranty so im not ecpecting to pay anything. Ive only heard positive things about DJI support and so far they have been great.
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:55
Have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support?

Yes. Spoke to them and logged the issue. I should be hearing from a tech support person in a couple if days but im fully expecting to send in the goggles. There is a chance this is  a software related bug introduced in the latest release but its hard ro tell. When i get this during playback of video the screen feezes and the fan kicks in harder before the reboot so im guessing the code caused a cpu spike before the crash and reboot..
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 11:54
I was 200 meters away when this first happened but luckily this was a long rsnge drone with GPS so i triggered rescue mode. The video came back shortly sfter.

Is rescue mode like return to home?
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 11:57
These goggles are brand new and obviously still under warranty so im not ecpecting to pay anything. Ive only heard positive things about DJI support and so far they have been great.

Well, thats a good experience then.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 12:03
Yes. Spoke to them and logged the issue. I should be hearing from a tech support person in a couple if days but im fully expecting to send in the goggles. There is a chance this is  a software related bug introduced in the latest release but its hard ro tell. When i get this during playback of video the screen feezes and the fan kicks in harder before the reboot so im guessing the code caused a cpu spike before the crash and reboot..

Hopefully they can fix it
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 04:34
I had some test flights today and although I did not get any resets during the flight when I got back and started looking through playing the videos using the goggles it reset. It only did it once but this problem is sporadic and hard to produce. While watching the first video (goggles had only been on for a minute) about 1min in there was a sudden burst from the fan then reset. I suspect there is a problem with the card reader within the headset so I will have to contact support and send them back.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Rest assured that we will handle your product well in our repair facility once you send it in. Thank you for your continued support and have a great day ahead!
2021-7-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 13:48
Is rescue mode like return to home?

Betaflight and Emuflight both have this feature which is a kind of return to home. It wont land your quad. The intention is it will fly back to you and kind of circle above your head until you take over. You can set this up on a switch but also as a failsafe.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-2 23:15
Betaflight and Emuflight both have this feature which is a kind of return to home. It wont land your quad. The intention is it will fly back to you and kind of circle above your head until you take over. You can set this up on a switch but also as a failsafe.

Is this option available for the Mini 2?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Because I'm thinking of getting the Mini 2
2021-7-3
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I spoke too soon about how good DJI support is. I have been contacted by them who say because I did not buy the goggles in the UK where I reside my warranty claim is invalid. This is completely garbage and unacceptable. The goggles are the same as UK versions and mine were even locked to 25m max power!! I always thought you could trust DJI but I was wrong. Shame really.
2021-7-3
Use props
3dxspin
lvl.2

Sweden

You are not the only one with rebooting V2 googles.

There are a few users that have reported the same problem at RCGroups (including me).  My problem started after upgrading to the latest "drone firmware".

Even though the drone firmware revision V01.02.0000 is for drone mode only it appearantly also fixes the problem of reverting to drone mode and not being able to switch back to stand-alone mode if a brown-out condition occurs in stand-alone mode.

At least one user has reported that the issue went away when downgrading and that will be my next step too (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=47405471&postcount=11900).

Cheers
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Alvara74 Posted at 7-2 11:32

Thank you for your response. We don't have an exact amount on how much the diagnostic cost. You can check the link below for your reference. Thank you!

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2021-7-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

3dxspin Posted at 7-3 23:46
You are not the only one with rebooting V2 googles.

There are a few users that have reported the same problem at RCGroups (including me).  My problem started after upgrading to the latest "drone firmware".

Thats interesting. Thanks so much for the info. I was half thinking this could be software related. I got my goggles just after the latest release and ive only flown this release. The problem is odd too because the picture freezes briefly before the restart and there is a sudden burst in the fan which is probably the result of a cpu spike and a software bug. It would not do that if it was power related. I will read the rc groups thread and revert to the previous version. Im assuming there is no risk in that. I know there is an issue switching between the vista units and the DJI drone but im assuming i can switch to latest version if i have a problem. It also seems be be related to recording and playback so if i switch off recording i should be fine.
2021-7-4
Use props
3dxspin
lvl.2

Sweden

coolbeans Posted at 7-4 00:09
Thats interesting. Thanks so much for the info. I was half thinking this could be software related. I got my goggles just after the latest release and ive only flown this release. The problem is odd too because the picture freezes briefly before the restart and there is a sudden burst in the fan which is probably the result of a cpu spike and a software bug. It would not do that if it was power related. I will read the rc groups thread and revert to the previous version. Im assuming there is no risk in that. I know there is an issue switching between the vista units and the DJI drone but im assuming i can switch to latest version if i have a problem. It also seems be be related to recording and playback so if i switch off recording i should be fine.

The dual boot solution is quite confusing. You actually need to downgrade in stand-alone FPV mode (not in drone mode) i.e. no need to switch to "drone mode".  The downgrade is not even available in "drone mode".  However, after the downgrade the stand-alone FPV mode fw revision is still the same ...
2021-7-4
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 00:07
Thank you for your response. We don't have an exact amount on how much the diagnostic cost. You can check the link below for your reference. Thank you!

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Okay, thanks!
2021-7-4
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

3dxspin Posted at 7-3 23:46
You are not the only one with rebooting V2 googles.

It might be a bug in the system then
2021-7-4
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-3 11:33
I spoke too soon about how good DJI support is. I have been contacted by them who say because I did not buy the goggles in the UK where I reside my warranty claim is invalid. This is completely garbage and unacceptable. The goggles are the same as UK versions and mine were even locked to 25m max power!! I always thought you could trust DJI but I was wrong. Shame really.

Where did you buy them from?
2021-7-4
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

3dxspin Posted at 7-4 00:27
The dual boot solution is quite confusing. You actually need to downgrade in stand-alone FPV mode (not in drone mode) i.e. no need to switch to "drone mode".  The downgrade is not even available in "drone mode".  However, after the downgrade the stand-alone FPV mode fw revision is still the same ...[view_image][view_image]

I don't know
2021-7-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alvara74 Posted at 7-4 02:35
Where did you buy them from?

China. I am in the uk so apparently i have no warranty claim in the UK. I thought DJI were like Fatshark and had second to none after sales service and support.
2021-7-4
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

coolbeans Posted at 7-4 02:55
China. I am in the uk so apparently i have no warranty claim in the UK. I thought DJI were like Fatshark and had second to none after sales service and support.

Well tbh DJI is correct. They're products are generally warrantied inside the country of purchase. Its the same with Care Refresh which is kind of weird
2021-7-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

3dxspin Posted at 7-4 00:27
The dual boot solution is quite confusing. You actually need to downgrade in stand-alone FPV mode (not in drone mode) i.e. no need to switch to "drone mode".  The downgrade is not even available in "drone mode".  However, after the downgrade the stand-alone FPV mode fw revision is still the same ...[view_image][view_image]

I checked my firmware for the goggles and had the same setup as you did. The current version was V0.1.02.000 and I downgraded to V01.0.0606. The first thing I did when I got the goggles was upgrade the firmware and I don't remember exactly but they must have been in drone mode (not air unit/vista) because the option to upgrade to V0.1.02.000 does not exist when in vista mode so I must have upgraded while in drone must and switching to vista/air unit mode in the goggles introduced this problem.

I think downgrading has fixed by problem but time will tell, so thanks so much for this suggestion. Before downdrading just now I only got the reset twice during flight over about 20 flights, but I could easily reproduce this playing back the videos from the goggles. I even tried this yesterday and I got 2 restarts playing back 6 videos. After downgrading I played back around 20 videos on my goggles and not a single reset so I am hoping downgrading has solved my problem.

DJI - Please sort out your firmware!!
2021-7-4
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

i think i had the same issure today.

i had firmware version V0.1.02.000 on goggles. I was flying 200m away with perfect signal suddenly i saw black screen rebooting. I hit GPS Return to Home and Copter Rescured. The signal went back after 3-4 seconds. I landed safe.

I was recording with the Original AirUnit. I only had a SD Card in the AirUnit and not in Goggles. My AirUnit was in 1200mW Mode. It was my 10th fly and before i had no issure. All Wires was safe and Batterie was full. Fans are working correct.

I dont know what this was I downgraded now also to V01.0.0606 and hope this fix the problem.
2021-7-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

COLDFusion Posted at 7-4 10:50
i think i had the same issure today.

i had firmware version V0.1.02.000 on goggles. I was flying 200m away with perfect signal suddenly i saw black screen rebooting. I hit GPS Return to Home and Copter Rescured. The signal went back after 3-4 seconds. I landed safe.

Oh, ok. Thats interesting. You were not recording in the goggles and did not even have an sd card in there! Please kerp this thread updatrd and the one in rc groups on how it goes after downgrading. Ill do the same but i dont think ill be out flying until next weekend.
2021-7-4
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

I downgraded now to V01.0.0606. I dont know if it is safe to fly now. Should i thrust and crash or should i wait
2021-7-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules