11620 82 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United Kingdom

COLDFusion Posted at 7-5 02:18
I downgraded now to V01.0.0606. I dont know if it is safe to fly now. Should i thrust and crash or should i wait

You have no choice but to keep flying but be ready in case you lose video. If you had the goggles before the latest firmware and they were fine you shoukd be okay.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Stay safe!
2021-7-5
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 22:41
You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Stay safe!

Thank you and I'll be sure to let you know if I want to know anything!
2021-7-5
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

There is a more lengthy thread in rc groups discussing this issue which many users are getting and someone has asked for logs. I will provide a link to the logs in rc groups and will do the same here. Note that I have reverted back to the previous firmware and if that resets the logs this file won't be that useful.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmED2MnyhWRWhOkwQEHsyD__lmYbzQ?e=COshXR
2021-7-7
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

there are also the first Youtube Videos who try to explain that issure.

Everybody should be carefull with the new Firmware and Downgrade. Version 1.02 is not safe!
2021-7-7
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

+1
crashed twice.
form my point of view DJI owes me insta360 1inch mod and taycan frame.
but they're support is like "oh we're sorry" which in this case sounds more like "see the finger?"
2021-7-7
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Definitely downgrade to the old 606 FW while you still can.. I’m on that with my V2’s and no problem with my beta flight Air Unit/Vista quads. Major safety hazard and not worth losing your quad or worse.

Then just never update them again. You know it’s going to be months and months  before it’s fixed if ever fixed at all. So just buy a second pair for your FPV drone if you have one, and leave your Air Unit goggles on the old FW forever
2021-7-7
Use props
pbliz
lvl.1
Canada

Crashed my new RR Skyeliner yesterday because of goggles rebooting. This forum works as well as the goggles, lol. Half my comments weren’t posted. Anyways my goggles didn’t reboot before doing the FW upgrade. I have downgraded to 0606. Others are saying downgrading has not worked.
2021-7-8
Use props
pbliz
lvl.1
Canada

2021-7-8
Use props
3dxspin
lvl.2

Sweden

pbliz Posted at 7-8 05:40
Crashed my new RR Skyeliner yesterday because of goggles rebooting. This forum works as well as the goggles, lol. Half my comments weren’t posted. Anyways my goggles didn’t reboot before doing the FW upgrade. I have downgraded to 0606. Others are saying downgrading has not worked.

Sorry for your loss.

I am curious about who's saying that a downgrade does not work (link) ?  Is their problem really the same?  All people that have downgraded have as far as I know not seen the problem again (so far, including me).
2021-7-8
Use props
pbliz
lvl.1
Canada

3dxspin Posted at 7-8 07:53
Sorry for your loss.

I am curious about who's saying that a downgrade does not work (link) ?  Is their problem really the same?  All people that have downgraded have as far as I know not seen the problem again (so far, including me).

I have been chatting with a fellow on FB and we have done quite a few different tests. He verified he was on FW 0606 and tested yesterday to only verify the black out occurred again. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DJI.FPV/?ref=share
2021-7-8
Use props
Ginmax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2363091 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 22:41

Hello, please pay attention to the problem.  I lost connection due to reboot of glasses.  I searched for the problem and found.  The negative lead is not soldered.  It is held in place with plastic.  This is very unreliable.  See photos.  Transfer to the appropriate department.

Photos high res.
IMG_20210525_225050.jpg IMG_20210525_225029.jpg IMG_20210525_231051.jpg IMG_20210525_231200.jpg IMG_20210525_231917.jpg IMG_20210525_233012.jpg IMG_20210525_233100.jpg

2021-7-8
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Germany

i dont think that the cable is the problem. Its a bug in the new Firmware. We must wait until there will be a fix if there will be ever a fix And that can take month...
2021-7-9
Use props
pbliz
lvl.1
Canada

Ginmax Posted at 7-8 21:29
Hello, please pay attention to the problem.  I lost connection due to reboot of glasses.  I searched for the problem and found.  The negative lead is not soldered.  It is held in place with plastic.  This is very unreliable.  See photos.  Transfer to the appropriate department.

Photos high res.
[Image]

Interesting, a cable replacement for sure. I ran my gear bench testing yesterday (with a fan running) after downgrading to FW 0606 for 20 mins. No reboots in that 20 mins.
2021-7-9
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Went out today to fly some packs after firmware downgrade and no problems at all so I am 99% sure this was a firmware issue.
2021-7-11
Use props
fans1ba4273a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1751070 ft
Germany

I have the same issue, but Assistant 2 won't let me downgrade. The googles says it´s running 01.00.0606, but Assistant 2 says 01.02.000 ?!?!
I reset both the FPV mode and Drone Mode, reinstalled Assistant 2...

I crashed twice and lost one battery pack due to damage.

This is terrible! I don't care how many customers are facing this problem, even one is too much.
DJI should get this fixed asap!
2021-7-11
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

Same here, cannot downgrade, I'm on Mac OSX maybe that's the problem.
2021-7-11
Use props
fans1ba4273a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1751070 ft
Germany

MarcelN Posted at 7-11 12:48
Same here, cannot downgrade, I'm on Mac OSX maybe that's the problem.

Maybe, I use Mac OS X, too.
2021-7-12
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Germany

i have good news. DJI has fixed the rebooting issure and will release maybe next week the new Firmware. Stay strong
2021-7-13
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

COLDFusion Posted at 7-13 10:20
i have good news. DJI has fixed the rebooting issure and will release maybe next week the new Firmware. Stay strong

Thats great news but how did you find that out? I'm not sure ill be the first to try it out when its released.
2021-7-13
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Germany

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=47453365&postcount=12019
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_kBUsDWVBiwua
lvl.2

Canada

1.02.0001 is out
2021-7-15
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Netherlands

thanks for the info
2021-7-16
Use props
droneXitalia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Adding myself to the party. We use drones for working and the reboot issue happened multiple times with all our 3 custom drones (2 Nebula Pro and 1 Air Unit Micro). That's VERY risky especially when other people/actors are involved.
Installing the newest 1.02.0001 firmware right now and will test within Monday.
2021-7-16
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Netherlands

Question: I'm a Mac user, but for me it is not possible to refresh, downgrade or upgrade the goggles firmware, anyone else with this problem??
Or are my goggles bricked? Tried it on different systems for Mac like Intel and M1. I'm afraid that I'm stuck on V01.02.0000 and because I love to fly with my FPV Series air units, this is bad.
2021-7-17
Use props
Nissegron
New

Sweden

Thanx Dji :-)
Goggles crashed and rebooted mid flight, crashing and broke the cinelog 25 frame - happy days :-/

Edit: goggles fw 01.00.0606
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_MIR0lNARjdw5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166306 ft
  • >>>
United States

MarcelN Posted at 7-17 12:28
Question: I'm a Mac user, but for me it is not possible to refresh, downgrade or upgrade the goggles firmware, anyone else with this problem??
Or are my goggles bricked? Tried it on different systems for Mac like Intel and M1. I'm afraid that I'm stuck on V01.02.0000 and because I love to fly with my FPV Series air units, this is bad.

I had to put the goggles into DJI Drone mode before I could even see the latest firmware.  

I also could not get it to successfully update to the newest version once I could see it on my Mac.  I had to dig out my old windows machine and it did then update.

Interestingly it shows the newest version in the goggles on the DJI Drone side, but on the Digital FPV side it shows the older 0606 version.

I hope this does fix it, as I just flew my carbon build into a blackberry bush yesterday and had to get my self all nice and cut up to get the drone back.
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_5vgkeMtPh5di
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13812 ft
Germany

Hey,
the case is now a bit older I see, but I have the problem still.

Im new to FPV so I bought my goggles a few weeks ago. First it arrived with only one display working and flickering screen. I called the support and get a new one.
Now with the new one, I stick to the Problem of Rebooting during flight.
I crashed now two times, first time: Batterie and Props, second time: lucky, only the props. Because I didn't know what to do, so it was just black in front of me, I just let the sticks go and flip the disarm.
I was on the newest version so in the DJI Assistant I only can downgrade to the .6060. I didn't fly on the .6060 version, but the Video replay works now.

Do some one have the problem still? Or is there any good fix? Can I trust my goggles? Can I Fly over concrete?
I recorded everything and it looks awful, just see crashing in a complete save situation

Maybe its helpful: I also use MAC, my solution is Parallels, so I can run Windows on it. The first time wenn my goggles were broken, the support told me it does not work on MAC jet.

Hope someone can help.

Edit: Only the .0606 is aviable for me, why that? In delivery it was 1.2 or something.
[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/a551108f-f785-427b-a5bf-ca6e02e33ebe[/img]
2022-5-27
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

I am on V01.0.0606  (before they added the evil stuff) - flying with Vista  
I am using the DJI style OSD
auto-record enabled.

I've had goggles crash two times.  both in low latency 25mBit mode, and high-quality 50Mbit.

Both times I was sitting still (unlikely to cause a power issue)
When they crashed: the video froze for about two seconds, then went black, then just rebooted.

When pulling the power - the goggles go black instantly.
No amount of fiddling with cable/connector causes a reboot.

My confidence in the goggles is .. not good.

2022-5-31
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

Update .. I noticed that the DJI FPV firmware was at 1.02.00.00    (only the "Vista" mode had 1.0.06.06)
flashed the other - hope to have it at a reliable level now.

I am scared of how glued-together and unfinished the DJI firmware feels.
Different firmware needs reboot between Vista and DJI FPV , needs rebinding after switch to DJI FPV  - DJI FPV "requires" 1.02xxxx  which causes this issue with Vista - then the firmware crippling/lockdown over versions ... horrific.
2022-6-1
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday It happened to me too... In the middle of the flight - black screen and directly after reboot. Almost s... my pants but the cold blood in my flicked the RTL switch and the goggle rebooted. First thing I did is fiddle around with the plug but ... nothing, the picture remained in tact. Today I grabbed the goggle again and was moving the plug around and suddenly - reboot. I am on V V01.0.0606 and was hoping for having the power problems and luckily I found it. The problem turned out to be the cable just behind the strain relieve of the plug. I cut the plug and made my own with use of the 3D printer, some hot glue and shrink wrap.
The takeaway is - it is not always DJI causing the problems and each case needs to be investigated thoroughly.
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_RM8O3OPRuw4E
New

Indonesia

this is not cable power issue. this is firmware issue. last time I was test with two goggle , 1 goggle with version 1.02.0000 and another one is 0606. i got freez during flight with version 1.02 blank on flight. but another one is not freez we still can see the quad tuch down to the ground
2022-7-17
Use props
nicker
New

Mexico

got the same problem using V01.0.0606, image froze for a sec, then googles rebooted, several seconds later i got the signal back, no GPS rescue but angle mode + throttle up saved me
happened to me twice before with the other drone, was flying just above my head
i just realized i was using CE mode while in America, changed it to FCC, dunno if that makes any difference..
2022-7-22
Use props
Zacn
lvl.1

India

Has  the  video freezing issue during mid flight got fixed on the 1.02.0001 firmware ?
2022-7-27
Use props
dimitri666
lvl.1

France

Hi. had the same problem some month ago. It was a bad sd card in my gllogle and it was recording DVR during flight. removed SD card, then no more crash. then replaced by high quality sd card and had never this problem again.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_IF9G2cejtBAf
lvl.1

Israel

Hi,

What happened in the end? Was the problem fixed?
2023-1-15
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_IF9G2cejtBAf Posted at 1-15 03:45
Hi,

What happened in the end? Was the problem fixed?

Yes, DJI fixed with a firmware update, and there have been a number of other furmware updates since then.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_IF9G2cejtBAf
lvl.1

Israel

coolbeans Posted at 1-15 04:15
Yes, DJI fixed with a firmware update, and there have been a number of other furmware updates since then.

Great, thanks for the reply.
I'm asking cause it happened to me while the drone was flying over a lake, RTH failsafe didn't work, and I almost lost the drone.
I'll make sure to update.
So glad I found your post
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_IF9G2cejtBAf
lvl.1

Israel

One more question..

I use caddex vista with DJI goggles V2.

I opened up the DJI Assistant (consumer series) to update the firmware on  the goggles.

It presented an option to update to 01.06, but said that I need to switch the goggles to DJI fpv mode (from drone mode), in order to update.

I did that, updated, and then switched back to drone mode.

Now there's no video transmission between the drone and the goggles.

Should I just re-bind or maybe this version is no good with vista, and I should have chosen a different firmware version?

Cheers,

Alex.
2023-1-18
Use props
CrzyGdgtFrk
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_IF9G2cejtBAf Posted at 1-18 22:39
One more question..

I use caddex vista with DJI goggles V2.

rebinding worked
I turns out that in order to re-bind, I needed to put the goggles in DJI FPV mode, and then back to drone mode.
2023-1-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules