3931 16 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 576509 ft
United Kingdom

anyone got any thoughts on this.

using DJI osmo pocket one with 3.5mm jack adpter and Rode wireless go 2 mic kit.
2021-7-1
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I could not see in the video where you had the Rode Wireless Go transmitter/mic mounted on yourself. It almost sounded like it was too close to your throat/voicebox and was possibly picking up the vibration on the Rode transmitter mic..Do another test with the Transmitter mounted on a shirt down a little, right above your chest.
Another test you could try is to just hold the transmitter as well about 9 inches from your mouth and see if it still happens.
Also the Rode WL Go has an adjustment for the DB levels and you could maybe try to turn the=at down to a lower lever as a third test, though I still think it is your vibration from your voice too close to the mic input.
It does not sould like a hardware/connection issue as that would be more of a crackling sound.
2021-7-1
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RobCass Posted at 7-1 17:33
I could not see in the video where you had the Rode Wireless Go transmitter/mic mounted on yourself. It almost sounded like it was too close to your throat/voicebox and was possibly picking up the vibration on the Rode transmitter mic..Do another test with the Transmitter mounted on a shirt down a little, right above your chest.
Another test you could try is to just hold the transmitter as well about 9 inches from your mouth and see if it still happens.
Also the Rode WL Go has an adjustment for the DB levels and you could maybe try to turn the=at down to a lower lever as a third test, though I still think it is your vibration from your voice too close to the mic input.

I will give this a try and see keep ya posted ty!
2021-7-2
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-2 00:09
I will give this a try and see keep ya posted ty!

figured it out I think I was recording in stereo mode (one mic per channel) once i set it to mono (2 mics mixed) it solves the problem.  its of a shame that it work this way but hay ho. anyone else have the same results?
2021-7-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-2 10:53
figured it out I think I was recording in stereo mode (one mic per channel) once i set it to mono (2 mics mixed) it solves the problem.  its of a shame that it work this way but hay ho. anyone else have the same results?

Just curious ... did you buy this mic to use with the pocket or have you used it for some time already?
2021-7-2
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 7-2 14:20
Just curious ... did you buy this mic to use with the pocket or have you used it for some time already?

I got it to use with 3 cameras i own but on of the main reasons was the Osmo pocket to remove wind noise when out and about
2021-7-5
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-5 04:33
I got it to use with 3 cameras i own but on of the main reasons was the Osmo pocket to remove wind noise when out and about

I wondered because we don't know if it is the pocket, the mic, or even possibly something you are doing that is the source of
2021-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that sounds weird.
How is it on other camera's?
2021-7-5
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-5 23:22
Wow, that sounds weird.
How is it on other camera's?

Fine on all other cameras in both modes
2021-7-6
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 7-5 14:19
I wondered because we don't know if it is the pocket, the mic, or even possibly something you are doing that is the source of

its defo not the mic the internal recording is fine and the recording on other cameras also are fine.
when i plug a mono mic with RTS it works fine on the osmos.

so it must be to do with the fact that its RTS but sending only sending a left channel /right channel.
2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-6 00:21
Fine on all other cameras in both modes

Oh, that is not too nice.
I was thinking about adding this one too.
2021-7-6
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-6 00:50
Oh, that is not too nice.
I was thinking about adding this one too.

it still works great when used in Mono mode where both mics are merged in to on track
2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-6 00:54
it still works great when used in Mono mode where both mics are merged in to on track

Ah ok, that is good to know.
So what is causing this?
Combining both internal and rode mic?
2021-7-6
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-6 00:59
Ah ok, that is good to know.
So what is causing this?
Combining both internal and rode mic?

from what i can tell its from putting a single channel of  stereo in to the OP's mono input.
once you swap the output of the rode wireless go 2 to mono its all fine.
2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ainsworth Media Posted at 7-6 01:06
from what i can tell its from putting a single channel of  stereo in to the OP's mono input.
once you swap the output of the rode wireless go 2 to mono its all fine.

That is weird.
Does the internal mic setting on the Pocket make a difference?
2021-7-6
Use props
Ainsworth Media
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-6 01:08
That is weird.
Does the internal mic setting on the Pocket make a difference?

I didn't see this pop up il have a paly tonight!
2021-7-27
Use props
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

Got the same result today. But only with one of the Rode W Go 2 transmitters. One(!) transmitter sounds exactly like yours do. The other transmitter sound perfectly ok, merged or split channels.
Also - if both transmitters are on and sending, both of them sounds ok merged or split channels.
Did a factory reset of the faulty transmitter, but this did not help.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules