Magnet ring holder from OM4 affect signal with Mini2?
1116 7 2021-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

HelloI  bought this Gimbal DJI OSMO MOBILE 4 and also I have the Drone DJI MINI2.
Question:
Will the Magnetic Ring holder attached to my phone affect the signal between my controller and the drone ( because the magnet will touch the antenna in the controller)?
My phone is a samsung galaxy S10.
Thanks in advance

2021-7-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think so. As far as I know there is no compass capability in the controller. But it may affect the phone's compass device. Give it a test to see if a compass app is affected in the phone. If so, it may cause the attitude indicator to be in error in the app, but not affect flight.
2021-7-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, Skylee! I would like to tell you that, in most cases,the magnetic ring of OM4 will not have impacts on telephone's function.  Given the safety,  we will recommend that unplug the ring before you attach your phone to the controller. Detailed steps as followed:
1.Before removing the ring, please prepare the Alignment Guide card which is in your original box.
2. Insert the card from the edge of the auxiliary sticker, gradually letting them apart from each other.
3.Exert a little bit strength to unplug the ring after most work having done.
Hope this can help you!
2021-7-1
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 18:58
I don't think so. As far as I know there is no compass capability in the controller. But it may affect the phone's compass device. Give it a test to see if a compass app is affected in the phone. If so, it may cause the attitude indicator to be in error in the app, but not affect flight.

I'll give it a small low flight just in case. Thank you
2021-7-1
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-1 19:10
Hello, Skylee! I would like to tell you that, in most cases,the magnetic ring of OM4 will not have impacts on telephone's function.  Given the safety,  we will recommend that unplug the ring before you attach your phone to the controller. Detailed steps as followed:
1.Before removing the ring, please prepare the Alignment Guide card which is in your original box.
2. Insert the card from the edge of the auxiliary sticker, gradually letting them apart from each other.

Deattach the magnet ring holder from the phone?
2021-7-1
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The ring is not active but passive magnet and will interfere only with your IMU if is kept too close to drone...in rest, is impossible to affect a transmission as EMF is emitting in a very low frequency spectrum and RF is in a very high freq spectrum.
This is why is considered very bad to make houses near high power electric lines, as they emit EMF in a very low freq that is harmful for living creatures, including man.
For example: the freq of 6-8 Hz is very dangerous as it can cause disturbing in brain and heart activity, as the human body works on that freq.
You will see because of this that the range of response at any audio system is from 20Hz to 20Khz in order to be safe...under 20Hz is not perceptible by ear but also dangerous.
Also from 300MHz to 3GHz is a very dangerous spectrum...(High freq.microwaves)...
5G works mostly on 28Ghz and because is very poor in penetrating materials needs extra power. At that point becomes dangerous, as a 5G tower at full power can disturb animals and insects in a deadly way. (in fact studies shows that bird eggs were completely destroyed in close proximity of a 5G tower.

...this as an extra info related to frequencies
2021-7-2
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-2 00:21
The ring is not active but passive magnet and will interfere only with your IMU if is kept too close to drone...in rest, is impossible to affect a transmission as EMF is emitting in a very low frequency spectrum and RF is in a very high freq spectrum.
This is why is considered very bad to make houses near high power electric lines, as they emit EMF in a very low freq that is harmful for living creatures, including man.
For example: the freq of 6-8 Hz is very dangerous as it can cause disturbing in brain and heart activity, as the human body works on that freq.

Nice information.. so I can use my phone with the Magnet ring attached and fly my mini 2 without problems... But I must keep the magnet ring far from my drone
Thank you
2021-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Skylee Posted at 7-2 09:28
Nice information.. so I can use my phone with the Magnet ring attached and fly my mini 2 without problems... But I must keep the magnet ring far from my drone
Thank you

See post #2, he answered your question.
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules