Change log
737 5 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Hey DJI, how about a change log for the updates. That would let us know what changed between versions. It would also improve customer relations!! Thanks

2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once we release a new firmware update for the unit, we then also publish a "Release Notes" under the download section of the said aircraft on our website. On that file, we indicate the new features added on the said update or new firmware version. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-2
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 20:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once we release a new firmware update for the unit, we then also publish a "Release Notes" under the download section of the said aircraft on our website. On that file, we indicate the new features added on the said update or new firmware version. Thank you for your continued support!

Once we release a new firmware update for the unit, we then also publish a "Release Notes"

That sounds good in theory, but in practice, not so good. As of the time of posting this response, the very latest 'Release Notes' (published on 16th June) relate to v1.4.2 (Android) and v1.4.3 (iOS), yet (for Android in my case) we've had v1.4.4 and three versions of v1.4.8 released. since then.

As for their content, there have been some serious omissions which have left users confused because functionality that was there before has been moved to another location (prime example of camera/video modes being moved from the actual camera/video area on the right to the settings area in the bottom right), and the EV lock icon being removed completely, where it was blatantly obvious in what state it was (now it seems to involve tapping the screen to see what state it's in, followed by another tap to change it - I honestly don't know because I stopped using it).
2021-7-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 20:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once we release a new firmware update for the unit, we then also publish a "Release Notes" under the download section of the said aircraft on our website. On that file, we indicate the new features added on the said update or new firmware version. Thank you for your continued support!

What Steamship said. Also, how about specific changes listed and not generic, such as - "IOS charging switch removed" as opposed to "bug fixes"!!!AND update the changelog as soon as the app is updated!!!
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

steamship Posted at 7-3 05:20
Once we release a new firmware update for the unit, we then also publish a "Release Notes"

That sounds good in theory, but in practice, not so good. As of the time of posting this response, the very latest 'Release Notes' (published on 16th June) relate to v1.4.2 (Android) and v1.4.3 (iOS), yet (for Android in my case) we've had v1.4.4 and three versions of v1.4.8 released. since then.

Thank you for your response, steamship. I will take note of this and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-3 09:14
What Steamship said. Also, how about specific changes listed and not generic, such as - "IOS charging switch removed" as opposed to "bug fixes"!!!AND update the changelog as soon as the app is updated!!!

We totally understand your concern. We will have it forward to our designated team. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules