"You are not logged In"
24012 19 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

For the first time today, after the "You are not connected" message goes away as the A/C connects to the remote controller, DJI Fly tells me:

"You are not logged in."

Tapping this message brings up another message, "Account not logged in.  Flight altitude and distance restricted to 20 m and 50 m.  Check and log in(code: 3000003)," and a login button.  If I ignore this message, my flight is indeed restricted as warned.

If I tap the login button on the smartphone screen, I can "Log in or register," but I have no idea what account I'm supposed to log into.  (It also displays a hashed code that I would normaly copy to show I'm a real person, but it gives me nowhere to enter code.)  If, for example, I type in the email address used for my DJI Account (and this forum), it first tells me:

"Check network"

of course, because I have no connection.  If I go somewhere that there is Wi-Fi and turn off airplane mode, it allows me to enter a password.  Using the one associated with this account, I get the message:

"Invalid email"

and I'm stuck -- a new "Catch 22" courtesy off DJI?

This is a major new problem because I'm usually flying out of range of wi-fi or cell reception.  Thus I always fly my Mavic Air 2 with the smartphone in airplane mode.  This procedure has worked fine over numerous flights in several locations (including this one) until today.  The only way I've found to (temporarily) elminate the "You are not logged in" message and fly normally is to force-stop the DJI app on the phone and then re-start it.  This allows me to make one flight, but the message comes back as soon as I try another flight.

Technical Details:
DJIFly 1.2.1 (never upgraded because I want the ability to display unincrypted flight data in CsvView or other offline software.)
Samsung [Correction: LG] G6 Android smartphone
Mavic Air 2 fly-more package with included controller
Windows 10 (20H2)

I'd be most grateful for any explanation and help! -- jclarkw
2021-7-2
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Well, I don't know what I was doing wrong, but this time, sitting at my desk with DJI Fly connected through the controller to the A/C and my smartphone connected to Wi-Fi, I was able to "login" (presumably to my DJI account, but why?), using the same email and password as before.  It seemed to remain "logged in" (at least no warning message) if I shut everything down, went back to airplane mode, and started it all up again.
Perhaps I logged out of the DJI Web site (or this forum) sometime over the past year while form my computer.  Could the app have figured that out when I connected it to Wi-Fi to trick satellite pictures of a new area into it's cache?  Would simply logging onto one of these with my computer (while the app is connected to Wi-Fi) be sufficient to log the app in??

I still have no idea what's going on here (explanations please!), but I hope it lasts through several more months of flying in airplane mode! -- jclarkw

2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For you to use the DJI Fly application properly, you need to log in to your DJI Account 1 time before the activation. However, once you already activated your aircraft, there is no need to log in to the app as the application already saves your information and it will auto-login once you initiate or open the app. In this case, it is recommended to update your DJI Fly application to its latest firmware to avoid errors. In addition, you may want to check the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app and DJI Mavic Air 2 on the image below as it shows that your mobile device is not compatible with the unit and the app and this might be the reason for the issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-7-2
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 20:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For you to use the DJI Fly application properly, you need to log in to your DJI Account 1 time before the activation. However, once you already activated your aircraft, there is no need to log in to the app as the application already saves your information and it will auto-login once you initiate or open the app. In this case, it is recommended to update your DJI Fly application to its latest firmware to avoid errors. In addition, you may want to check the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app and DJI Mavic Air 2 on the image below as it shows that your mobile device is not compatible with the unit and the app and this might be the reason for the issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!

[view_image]

>>In this case, it is recommended to update your DJI Fly application to its latest firmware to avoid errors. In addition, you may want to check the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app and DJI Mavic Air 2 on the image below as it shows that your mobile device is not compatible with the unit and the app and this might be the reason for the issue.<<

Paladin -- Sorry I misled you:  My smartphone is the LG G6.  And I explained my reason for not updating the app, unless you've changed your policy of encrypting basic flight date in your more recent versions.  Does that change your recommendations any? -- jclarkw
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jclarkw Posted at 7-3 06:23
>>In this case, it is recommended to update your DJI Fly application to its latest firmware to avoid errors. In addition, you may want to check the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app and DJI Mavic Air 2 on the image below as it shows that your mobile device is not compatible with the unit and the app and this might be the reason for the issue.

Thank you for confirming your mobile device model. It is recommended to us to update the app to the most latest version as this might affect the stability of the app when you are using an old version and also you can use the new features on the latest version. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-4
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 20:13
Thank you for confirming your mobile device model. It is recommended to us to update the app to the most latest version as this might affect the stability of the app when you are using an old version and also you can use the new features on the latest version. Thank you for your understanding and support!

>>...It is recommended to us to update the app to the most latest version...<<

Paladin -- Have you updated the on-line user guide for DJI Fly to describe these new features?  The version I've seen corresponds almost exactly to vs. 1.2.1.

And what about the flight-log encryption?  I read that it started with vs. 1.2.2 -- why I never updated.  Are you still doing that?  There's no way that I'm going to upload my flight logs to you in order to be able to visualize them!  I regard that as an extreme violation of my privacy . -- jclarkw
2021-7-4
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

This error comes up all the time now for me, when I attempt to fly in an "Authorization Zone". What I've been doing to get around it is to launch DJI store, log in, leave running, restart dji fly. That's a hassle. I finally found the logout/login button in DJI Fly so maybe that will fix this annoying message. However, I was already logged in...at least my name was there instead of "not logged in".
2021-9-17
Use props
djiuser_rQg8vyZ3ZlE8
lvl.1

Ecuador

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 9-17 11:08
This error comes up all the time now for me, when I attempt to fly in an "Authorization Zone". What I've been doing to get around it is to launch DJI store, log in, leave running, restart dji fly. That's a hassle. I finally found the logout/login button in DJI Fly so maybe that will fix this annoying message. However, I was already logged in...at least my name was there instead of "not logged in".

I have the same issue . Will try your way using dji store.
2021-9-24
Use props
Bielec
lvl.1

Canada

I am not sure what is going on with DJI. I took my Mavic 3 to a remote location where I was flying it all summer and for the first time it did not want to fly, requesting me to log in to my account. I use the RC Pro controller and I was out of wi-fi range, so I waisted my day and money spent on travel. After returning home, I wanted to log in to my DJI account and the website was rejecting my email address and my password, saying that one of them is not correct. It was entering my password into the user field. I then used the "forgot the password" option and proceded to reset my password. Again the website did not allow me to log in. I tried several times manually and finally I got in.
Now, I want to know who and why needs to control all my flights and travel locations. Who is spying on me and why? It appears that DJI is spying on me and DJI is a Chineser corporation, located in China. I am a Canadian citizen, not a Chinese subject. I don't want a Chinese corporation to spy on my movements in Canada and on my flights. Why should I? Can somebody explain this to me, please? The drone used to work just fine before, and now it is being too intrusive. I paid for the drone and now just leave me alone and let me use it, stop putting restrictions on my flights in Canada. If I break the law in Canada, I will respond to Canadian authorities, not to Chinese corporation. And make sure that I can operate the drone with the programming that is in the drone and in the controller, without having to connect to DJI, when I am out of range. I was able to do this in the past, why not now? What has changed? This is unacceptable! You spend a lot of money and it works for a while. Then, it stops working, unless you give up your privacy and reveal your personal information to foreign entity. This has to stop!
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

This has to stop!
2022-11-10
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26158 ft
Canada

I have the same problem. I fly in the cold and really don't want to login. Plus, why is it any of DJI business where I fly.
Plus my account is very old and my registered email no longer works. So I can change my email or password which I don't know so I can't fly.
If DJI is going to pull stunts like this they should refund the purchase price and I'll buy another drone.
2022-12-14
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Guys -- I'm pretty sure I have a work around, but it requires you to be careful:  After logging on once, turn on airplane mode your mobile device.  Then make sure you NEVER have wifi or cellular on when you're running DJI Fly thereafter.  This has seemed to work for me for quite a while, although once I made a mistake and started DJI Fly while still connected.  Immediately the login issue started again!  Regards to All -- jclarkw
2022-12-14
Use props
Frank M
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

WTF!!!!!!  This happened to me today as I was getting ready to fly a real estate job.  The "not logged in" issue crippled my Mavic 3...I use the RC Pro Controller.  This is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!  Thankfully, I had my Yuneec Typhoon hexacopter so I was able to shoot most of the job.  I've flown the Mavic 3 on several jobs since I bought it and have not had any problem.  I've been flying DJI drones for 7 years and have never run into an issue like this.  Why do I have to be logged in anywhere to fly the drone!  That's f...n absurd!  DJI, you have lost a very loyal customer.  I will never buy another DJI drone if this issue is not addressed.
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_K7eX8v6NGk5m
New
United States

I am having a problem logging in using a DjI RC controller with the built-in screen. When I use a standard controller and my phone, I can log in no problem. When I use the RC, it says that I am connected to the wifi network, but then tells me to check the connection every time I try to log in.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_K7eX8v6NGk5m Posted at 3-15 09:42
I am having a problem logging in using a DjI RC controller with the built-in screen. When I use a standard controller and my phone, I can log in no problem. When I use the RC, it says that I am connected to the wifi network, but then tells me to check the connection every time I try to log in.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend you try changing the WiFi network or connect to a mobile hotspot and try again.
To connect the DJI RC to a different network, swipe down twice from the DJI Fly App, tap the Settings cog icon)>Network and Internet>WiFi>Select a network and connect. Once you have confirmed the connection, reattempt to log in to the DJI Fly App again. If the issue remains, please record a short video showing the DJI RC is connected to a network, and the error remains. We hope to hear an update from you. Thank you.
2023-3-17
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Frank M. If I have to login to dji.com to fly my drone in an area where I have no cell service then I'm gonna have to start flying some brand of drones other than DJI (probably Autel).

I mean, if all I had to do was login once every 30 days that'd be one thing. I'd make a note to login the night before I do a flight in an area without cell service. But as is idk the conditions under which this message appears and I don't want to be caught with my pants down whilst trying to do a drone flight for a client.
2023-4-9
Use props
fans22c943c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1078035 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me, and I found myself on this page and wanted to share my solution. The error message doesn't match the actual problem; at first, I logged out and then logged back in, and I still received the message. When upgrading the firmware, you must re-import your authorizations into the aircraft after the firmware installs.

By moving to the other tab, and tapping the "Import into Aircraft" button, I was able to enable the authorization zone without having the error.

After enabled, no service is required to fly in the authorization zone
2023-5-7
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

jclarkw Posted at 2022-12-14 18:53
Guys -- I'm pretty sure I have a work around, but it requires you to be careful:  After logging on once, turn on airplane mode your mobile device.  Then make sure you NEVER have wifi or cellular on when you're running DJI Fly thereafter.  This has seemed to work for me for quite a while, although once I made a mistake and started DJI Fly while still connected.  Immediately the login issue started again!  Regards to All -- jclarkw

All -- Is the above working for everybody, or does somebody have problems with a newer version of DJI Fly?

(I'm still running vs. 1.4..8 for android in order to fit in an older cell phone.) -- jclarkw
2023-7-4
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

jclarkw Posted at 7-4 14:48
All -- Is the above working for everybody, or does somebody have problems with a newer version of DJI Fly?

(I'm still running vs. 1.4..8 for android in order to fit in an older cell phone.) -- jclarkw

Update:  I'm not using any "Authorization Zones," just trying to fly in non-restricted airspace.  Some of you have reported this problem when trying to use "Authorization Zones."  Has/Is anyone observing this problem non-restricted besides me? -- jclarkw
2023-7-6
Use props
Sol Invictus
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi, i had the same problem after an Aircraft Firmware update, i do not remember i saw this message before. I have kept proudly my DJI Fly v1.2.1. . This "nice feature" had to be implemented before DJI Fly v1.2.1. or it is not DJI Fly App related.
I would like polish my setting therefore i am going to update DJI Fly for newer v1.5.10. I hope it is not a bad decision.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules