loss if signal between RC and AC
619 7 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThreeStar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33176 ft
United States

I frequently experience loss of signal with the AC but usualy regain the signal within a few seconds. I have been told that this can be caused from interference of various types. This past weekend however I had a loss of signal in a park which is pretty far away from any homes or business and I was in the middle of a field.  I had the drone take off and climb to 6' and I immedialy had a signal loss. I was standing about 10' from the drone. I could not regain a signal and the drone went into RTH mode. Is there a way to troubleshoot the RC to see if its sending out a consistent signal?

Thanks
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link your drone to your remote controller then try to calibrate the IMU and the Compass and check if the issue persists? You can take it for a test flight after you perform the said troubleshooting steps and we can check if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-2
Use props
ThreeStar
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 20:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link your drone to your remote controller then try to calibrate the IMU and the Compass and check if the issue persists? You can take it for a test flight after you perform the said troubleshooting steps and we can check if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I re-linked the remote with the drone and calibrated it again. I am still losing the signal though. I will have full bars, full strength, then the indication on the remote turns red, indicates no signal and after about 15 seconds the RTH kicks in. This happens when the drone is only a few feet from me and about 5 feet in the air.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ThreeStar Posted at 7-5 12:56
I re-linked the remote with the drone and calibrated it again. I am still losing the signal though. I will have full bars, full strength, then the indication on the remote turns red, indicates no signal and after about 15 seconds the RTH kicks in. This happens when the drone is only a few feet from me and about 5 feet in the air.

Thank you for your response. Did you try to fly to a different location? If yes and still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-5
Use props
ThreeStar
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 23:24
Thank you for your response. Did you try to fly to a different location? If yes and still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I did try two different locations and noticed the signal between the RC and the AC would be very strong, then drop to Moderate then to no signal and then reconnected. This cycle happened several times, some times the drone would reconnect quickly but others it would not and the RTH feature activated.

I took the drone home and powered it on with the remote and just monitored the signal strength. I was not flying the drone, it was on a table, but I wanted to see what the signal activity would be with the drone and remote so close together. The signal was very strong then once again dropped to moderate then loss of signal disconnecting from the drone. This would repeat several times a minute.
2021-7-6
Use props
ThreeStar
lvl.2
United States

The support link you sent doesn't work, is there another way to set up a service ticket?
2021-7-6
Use props
ThreeStar
lvl.2
United States

I reached out to support and opened a repair ticket. I will be sending the drone and remote back for an evaluation.
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ThreeStar Posted at 7-6 09:02
I reached out to support and opened a repair ticket. I will be sending the drone and remote back for an evaluation.

Thank you for your response. Rest assured that our team will be handling your package well and we will keep you posted via email with regards to the repair process. Thank you for your support!  
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules