How do I set manual exposure right?
837 0 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

When making videos, I am having a hard time setting exposure. I have heard auto exposure is bad and I know because of all the times I have used it how bad my video looks. The problem is, when I set exposure manually, I have balance issues. The ground when the camera is tilted down looks very dim while the horizon is normally exposed. When I being down the shutter speed or raise the iso, the ground is normally exposed but the horizon is washed out. Mavic 2, P4pro, and Inspire fliers are lucky because they have shutter priority, Aperature priority, and auto iso. Unfortunately, the smaller, cheaper drones do not even have auto iso which makes it harder. Do you guys have any tips on how to set exposure right? Do you think it is a good idea to try to fix it post-production? I do know that something that is slightly over or underexposed is fixable but something that is heavily over or underexposed is not fixable. I am definitely not trying to make an HDR video here. I am just trying to make sure that my video has good exposure and I do understand that with SDR videos, there is not perfect exposure. Thank you very much.
Screenshot 2021-07-02 12.06.33 PM.png
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules